Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
This has to be a joke. What do you mean you weren't expecting I could. I already did. Here is the link again. This is the actual statement of one of the sources of funding. You can look through as many as you want. Take special note of what specific experiments and protein manipulations they're doing. I don't know what you're getting at here, other than just trolling people and picking fights - both of which are against site rules. Continually accusing people of saying things they're not saying...then demanding people post proof when the very posts you're responding to contain those links is just bizarre. The NIAID did not fund any of this, the NIH did.

That is a link to the grant. No one is disputing that a grant was given to EcoHealth for research into Coronavirus in bats. What you are alleging is that the grant included funds for gain of function research at the WIV. Something that has been publicly disputed by everyone involved. Im just looking for any proof of that.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
That is a link to the grant. No one is disputing that a grant was given to EcoHealth for research into Coronavirus in bats. What you are alleging is that the grant included funds for gain of function research at the WIV. Something that has been publicly disputed by everyone involved. Im just looking for any proof of that.
Yup, just like Planned Parenthood NEVER uses Federal funds for abortions.....because they swear they don't.

My goodness, some folks really refuse to see truth unless it is finally told to them by their priests ....er, MSNBC hosts.

You've got folks form the NY Times, the Washington Post and Axios all saying there is something very smelly here....NOT a conspiracy, not deliberate, but an unintentional screw up where the WIV likely did gain of function research.....

Deleted member 2897

Maybe read it? Maybe read the news articles? Maybe listen and read the NIH statements? That grant explains how they are going to manipulate the virus to study spillover effects and risk. That's what gain (or loss) of function entails. That's the type of work the NIH has been funding for a very long time (outside of occasional pauses). This is actually nothing surprising and nothing unusual. The only question was did the NIAID specifically fund the WIV to do this or work at the WIV to do this. They did not. The NIH funded someone to do it, who then did that work in conjunction with the WIV to accomplish it. Until the NIH canceled it.

Last edited by a moderator:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Live look at Milwaukee reprimanding DTM for this insane statement.

**** is so ****ing boring and most people go to live baseball games to drink beer, not because they care about the game.

Baseball - Not America's Past Time.

Giving up on MLB when they went on strike (in the 90s!) was the best thing that ever happened to my sports fandom, especially as a relatively new GT Athletics fan.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In other news, I think I'm still gonna wear a mask. More as a fun accessory, than for safety reasons.

Deleted member 2897

As a part of researching EcoHealth's partnership with the Wuhan Virology Institute (which goes back more than a decade), I read a comment from their President Peter Daszak, who said he estimates that 1 person in China every day gets infected in the wild by a bat coronavirus spilling over. 👀:eek:

Deleted member 2897

:clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown:

I mean, we've all known its safe to not wear a mask outside when not in crowds for the better part of a year...even if you haven't been vaccinated. And this *** clown says this TODAY? LOL

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I feel reasonably certain that there is nothing the CDC or any other health organization could have said at any time during this whole ordeal that wouldn't have been met with the complete vitriol of those who have just decided to hate everything.

Deleted member 2897

I feel reasonably certain that there is nothing the CDC or any other health organization could have said at any time during this whole ordeal that wouldn't have been met with the complete vitriol of those who have just decided to hate everything.

if they would’ve followed their own science that they publish, they would’ve at least had defensible positions against people attacking them. When they publish data and studies, and then also announce recommendations that contradict them, that’s when they’re just asking for the duly deserved trouble that they get.

The fact that such a card or "passport" is even being considered shows how far the concept of liberty has sunk in this country. I was a kid in the 50s when polio was having such a devastating effect and when subsequently a vaccine was developed. We never had to have polio vaccination cards, nor did we for smallpox, the measles, or anything else. SAD !!!

Deleted member 2897

The fact that such a card or "passport" is even being considered shows how far the concept of liberty has sunk in this country. I was a kid in the 50s when polio was having such a devastating effect and when subsequently a vaccine was developed. We never had to have polio vaccination cards, nor did we for smallpox, the measles, or anything else. SAD !!!

Well it’s also crazy considering there isn’t actually an official card. The one I got and that everyone else got that I’ve seen is a flimsy piece of paper. They said not to laminate it because they might reuse it for booster shots. And yet the FBI is all wrapped around the axle of concern LOL.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
You may want to sit down for this Super...but pretty much everyone who goes to Georgia Tech has to show proof of a measles (MMR) vaccine along with some others on a form, which could be considered a bigger card.

You may want to sit down for this Super...but pretty much everyone who goes to Georgia Tech has to show proof of a measles (MMR) vaccine along with some others on a form, which could be considered a bigger card.
I assume that was also the case when I was in school. I do remember something along those lines. Nevertheless, require a vaccination "passport" is IMO totally absurd. Measles is probably more infectious, at least among youth, than Covid is.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Actually, I had a very high opinion of the CDC before this pandemic. I actually did. I still think they do good science. No, excellent science. I just think there are horrible CYA Bureaucrats at the top. I would call them politicians at the top, but I am not sure I want to insult them that much.....

Status
Not open for further replies.