Have Anyone Heard??

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So much work on his own.
So much hope at start of season. Coach let him lead the team on players walk up. Hugged his mom when he stepped on curb to gtaa.
Did not seem to naturally get the hand fighting and low rush to be able to defend against bigger ol.
Got to think = He gave what he had but with record saw that he was going to be 4 in rotation. Wish it gD been enough.
Sad endings suck.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think Shaq is a liar per se...but he's going to make a darn good husband one day. A good husband needs to tell everyone that his wife is the prettiest girl on the planet or maybe the best cook. he doesn't need to believe it...but saying it makes things go better. for you young guys reading this...take Shaq's ( and my) advice...always speak highly of your teammates, spouse and coworkers. Nothing ever good comes from doing otherwise.

Next man up!!!
Shaq already is a good husband. ;) He made it pretty clear last year that his main motivation for working so hard to get to the next level was for his baby girl. And he's doing just that for the Pats, his gf and his daughter.

I'm heartbroken for Jabari, as hard as he worked on the scout team last year and as hard as he worked to get back on the team. It should have worked out for him, dammit. I personally unreservedly wish him the very best and thank him for his play and his time here. I really, really hope he finishes his degree.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
Jabari was tauted by Shaq as the best DL he faced last season. I think Shaq had just been boosting his image as a friend. Jamari was being raised by the Days family due to problems with his own family. He was a cousin of Synjin. When he was suspended last year, he also left the Days family. I heard they had too much discipline to suit his lifestyle. I knew the Days form seeing them at the hotel on away games. They were a great couple and great parents.
Interesting, I wasn't aware of the entire situation. Explains the name drop back to Hunt.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
With his previous suspension this sounds like a case where we let him quit instead of getting kicked off the team. Anyways, I hope he follows through with his academic progress onto graduation.

Declinometer

Banned
I think you are being a bit unfair, perhaps we will have to agree to disagree. He had a fantastic r-fr season (led linebackers in tackles). He seemed to have a bit of a sophomore slump, but I wouldn't call him anything near horrible.

As for this season, I find it really hard to judge how effective he has been. As a NT in our scheme, his job is really just to get in the way (hopefully drawing double teams) and allow others to make plays. With Gotsis out, we can't tell whether Jabari had an impact on Gotsis' ability to make plays, but I don't think it was as inconsequential as others on this board. He may not have been a truly dominant NT, but I don't think he was disappointing.
He was basically relegated to the bench before he quit.
That doesn't make you a bad person.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I am now very worried what is going on in the background. I understand that this years team is not clicking and maybe were getting rid of the problems? Are these guys leaving a symptom or the problem?

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
A quote from the AJC by CPJ regarding Jabari:

"We have a tendency, not just here, but I think in general, the media and people have a tendency to anoint people before they ever play. And sometimes it’s hard to live up to the hype when you get hyped out the ying yang"

CPJ seems to acknowledge that it was not Jabari's fault that he did not live up to fan's expectation. Part of the role of a NG is to occupy as many blockers as possible so others can make the tackle. This means sacrificing personal stats for the good of the team.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope he graduates. These players live with far more pressure and visibility than the typical GT student. I hope he comes through it at some point.

The rest is speculation about team atmosphere. But it is hard to spin it positively.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Of another player leaving the team other than Summers? A GT alumni hit me last night and stated that someone else has decided to leave.

The AJC quoted PJ this morning to have said that "...he hasn't played in a couple of weeks and it's not like he's been real consistent with anything".

Except last year in trying to regain eligibility, Paul.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Shaq is a liar per se...but he's going to make a darn good husband one day. A good husband needs to tell everyone that his wife is the prettiest girl on the planet or maybe the best cook. he doesn't need to believe it...but saying it makes things go better. for you young guys reading this...take Shaq's ( and my) advice...always speak highly of your teammates, spouse and coworkers. Nothing ever good comes from doing otherwise.

Next man up!!!
Doggone, sport. I don't know how you got from pulling guard to matrimony. I have to admit that even in a good one, my marriage has been a scrimmage some days.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
@flea77 , Does Will speak of anything that may be going around in the locker room? or are most things left behind closed doors (which I respect). This season will either bring the team closer or divide it!
I hope it weeds out the roaches and allows a gelling process for next year.
Our younger guys have alot to build on for next year. Someone will rise up and be a man amongst boys. This season we have missed the senior leadership we had lastyear from Shaq and others and boy has it shown.
I will admit, I expected more out of JHD, every thread about his eligibility made me smile thinking "this guy will be a huge assest"...however..it didnt go according to plan.
Now we have 8 quarters of football left and all we can do is hope our kids come out with a chip on their shoulders.
They have to prove nothing to anyone but themselves!!
THW the U and THWG!!
The Character of this locker room is what sold him on GT . No issues there. A few things I learned from playing at this level. You can only control 2 things. Your actions and your attitude. Also do not believe anything you hear and half of what you see . None of us know anything. Just keep pulling for the guys that are continuing to bust their *** to get better and win .

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Character of this locker room is what sold him on GT . No issues there. A few things I learned from playing at this level. You can only control 2 things. Your actions and your attitude. Also do not believe anything you hear and half of what you see . None of us know anything. Just keep pulling for the guys that are continuing to bust their *** to get better and win .

Thanks for chiming in. A lot of us needed to hear that.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
He wasnt the first and he wont be the last to quit when things turn south..... there will be more players jumping ship....its the new age instant gratification or reset and start a new game....unfortunately It takes time for young people to understand that life does not work that way..... and all decision may not be the best ....sometimes even the best set of parents can't help.....good luck to him I hope it works out but quitting is never a good thing