Have Anyone Heard??

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Of another player leaving the team other than Summers? A GT alumni hit me last night and stated that someone else has decided to leave.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know why Summers quit? Did he quit school, too or just the team?

This is from what I remember piecing together of various reports (and no idea which were reliable). All reports indicated he was staying in school on tract to graduate in May. What was left unclear was his post graduation plans - transfer to finish last year of eligibility or enter the "real world." I do think someone posted a report from a friend that overheard his father say he would not be transferring but looking into job market. There was something mentioned about an injury or risk of re-injury. Again, all just pieces pulled together from various posts and my recollection of them...

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
There's some chatter down this way that Summers might pursue grad work at Georgia Southern, in an effort to play there.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys leave programs all the time all over the country for various reasons... just not typically in the middle of a season.
yeah, that's why it was weird. I wondered if it was a personal reason or more than that since he was considered the top receiver going into the year. I'm excited about Stewart, though! Can't wait to see him get more opportunities. I wish Summers well. Certainly has been more of our ground game to worry about this year.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It's unusual timing wise. I wouldn't be surprised if dissatisfaction of some sort was involved. Wish him well going forward regardless.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we are talking about more then just Summers- can't wait till depth chart is out to confirm

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Guys leave programs all the time all over the country for various reasons... just not typically in the middle of a season.
Anytime a player who had been getting the playing time and exposure that Summers had been getting quits on his team mid-season it should be of some concern at least. One does not just walk out on his teammates. I know there is disagreement but I am of the school that one should finish what he starts, and if he wanted out, the time to do it was after the season because he has to take ownership of this terrible year, too. Any more quitting -- or any of substantial contribution -- may mean trouble in the locker room.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Same thing happend between 2013-14 seasons and last year turned out fine. If they want to be here stay. if not leave and someone else will want it more.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Same thing happend between 2013-14 seasons and last year turned out fine. If they want to be here stay. if not leave and someone else will want it more.
Well, not so good this year though, when we lost all our junior class seasoning. The point is one guy leaving is not so much. More than one might be.