Have Anyone Heard??

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Well said! Some of these people on here have no clue what work these boys put in each and every day. They don't realize they are doing what the coach told them to do. And they all know every thing about everything. Don't let it get to you. I am proud of him on and off the field. People need to stop personal attacks on the boys. If you have a problem with play calls or formations fine but personal attacks are not needed. What a fan base where we bash players...

I see you are new to the site. welcome. while I agree with you, I tend to think the GT fan base is very mild (vis-a-vis other fan bases). It's a passion and it has its pros/cons. Last years everyone reaped the rewards. this year, not so much. that is the way our culture works. Everyone loves a winner, like it or not.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
First maybe you should begin by trying to understand WHY he's not making big plays. To educate you on who he is-#1 he does not perform or do anything on the basis of "hype". #2 He puts in 100% into all he does because of his loyalty and commitment to whatever he's doing #3 He appreciated the Freshman All American but that didn't drive him to do anything he did last year because whether he is mentioned or awarded, it doesn't change his effort, hard work, and dedication. He plays with heart. And last, He Is Coachable and is following thru with his assignments. So when you're on the outside judging in "disappointment" make sure you know what you're disappointed in because as of now you're disappointed in a coachable young man who gives 100% in the classroom and on the field and sacrifices big plays to follow the assignment from his coach even though he understands the public sees what they think is little to no effort and skills. What you saw as "opportunity" last year was drive, dedication, and heart and I'll take that any day when there is loyalty and when he's following thru with his given responsibility. So see it the way you do in the midst of your "disappointment" but those who know him are honored and proud.

Keshun was in my daughter's Spanish Class him last year and was in the same smaller study group, I think she said. She had alot of nice things to say about him. I know you're proud and wish him all the best during this next two years.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@ladyfreeman77

KS is loved and appreciated by most all Tech fans. There are many problems with fanbases however. Most form opinions on very limited knowledge of what they are observing...and they almost always fail to understand this. They also often tend to over hype many of their own players and disregard the talents and abilities of opposing players. Expectations then get warped a bit.

In short, fans typically build up expectations beyond reasonableness. This board has a few very knowledgeable and reasonable members (far more knowledgeable and reasonable than myself). Those members are part of what keeps bringing me back here....their positives outweigh the negative Nancy boobs' posts. The rest of us are just passionate fans with largely unimformed opinions. If I were a parent or very close to a any staff or players in the program....there is no way I could tolerate the often unfair and short sighted criticisms that get expressed here.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
The Character of this locker room is what sold him on GT . No issues there. A few things I learned from playing at this level. You can only control 2 things. Your actions and your attitude. Also do not believe anything you hear and half of what you see . None of us know anything. Just keep pulling for the guys that are continuing to bust their *** to get better and win .
@flea77 , @DaddyBill , @Coachbraun72 , @ladyfreeman77 , @ctweimer , @DrJacket and anyone I've failed to mention that knows our players, is a member of the family or has contact with them -- please tell them that we are pulling for them 100%, support them and stand behind them. They are our Jackets, in fair years or foul, and we deeply appreciate their hard work, effort, and commitment.

Declinometer

Banned
It's a given, we're all pulling for them. Such an easy thing to say, but it's also a given that there has been a drop off in effectiveness in some of our players and understanding why is a fair question to ask without being chastised

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
It's a given, we're all pulling for them. Such an easy thing to say, but it's also a given that there has been a drop off in effectiveness in some of our players and understanding why is a fair question to ask without being chastised

You don't want to be chastised but will say this about our players..

He was a horrible LB. I'll tell it like it is.

SMH...

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
My only gripe with Freeman is that he seems to be invisible to the refs. He could be drug down from behind and the refs wouldn't call offensive holding.
I've never in my life seen a player get held as much as he does and it not get called. I don't understand it. I hope I'm not being biased because I watch a lot of games and always try to see what's going on in the trenches. I just don't understand the no calls on Freeman at all. I can only speculate that he sucks at selling it if that's even something that D-Linemen normally have to do.