Have Anyone Heard??

Declinometer

Banned
It scares me to think that Jabari's preseason hype may be attributed to how horrendous our o-line play has been.

I'm pretty disappointed by this news. He was one of my favorite players when he was a linebacker, and I was really hoping for a comeback story. I hope he is able to find something that brings him passion, and I hope he continues to work hard in the classroom.
He was a horrible LB. I'll tell it like it is.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm still waiting on the depth chart- I feel like a dawg, playing thru this year and waiting for next year. I see a huge turn around with the playing time of our youth!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think Jabari has been as bad as some people say, however, I will also admit he didn't contribute as much as I expected him to either. Perhaps these issues surrounding his suspension and ultimate resignation were contributing factors. I think it is safe to say the guy is still searching for an identity and a direction. These have been a couple tough years for him for sure. I wish him luck.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I had hoped Hunt would make a real contribution just based on Shaq Mason's evaluation of him in practice: "The best I played against all year." But it looked to me like he put on too much weight from his sophomore linebacking days, maybe 40-50 pounds. He just looked bulky and slow. Too bad because I hoped he would bring some competitive meanness to the D line.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Can we just hit the delete button on this season...

Orange bowl champs to toilet bowl chumps.... In 10 months.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Jabari was tauted by Shaq as the best DL he faced last season. I think Shaq had just been boosting his image as a friend. Jamari was being raised by the Days family due to problems with his own family. He was a cousin of Synjin. When he was suspended last year, he also left the Days family. I heard they had too much discipline to suit his lifestyle. I knew the Days form seeing them at the hotel on away games. They were a great couple and great parents.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I had hoped Hunt would make a real contribution just based on Shaq Mason's evaluation of him in practice: "The best I played against all year." .

I don't think Shaq is a liar per se...but he's going to make a darn good husband one day. A good husband needs to tell everyone that his wife is the prettiest girl on the planet or maybe the best cook. he doesn't need to believe it...but saying it makes things go better. for you young guys reading this...take Shaq's ( and my) advice...always speak highly of your teammates, spouse and coworkers. Nothing ever good comes from doing otherwise.

Next man up!!!

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
He was a horrible LB. I'll tell it like it is.
I think you are being a bit unfair, perhaps we will have to agree to disagree. He had a fantastic r-fr season (led linebackers in tackles). He seemed to have a bit of a sophomore slump, but I wouldn't call him anything near horrible.

As for this season, I find it really hard to judge how effective he has been. As a NT in our scheme, his job is really just to get in the way (hopefully drawing double teams) and allow others to make plays. With Gotsis out, we can't tell whether Jabari had an impact on Gotsis' ability to make plays, but I don't think it was as inconsequential as others on this board. He may not have been a truly dominant NT, but I don't think he was disappointing.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It's unfortunate that he didn't just finish out the season for himself and his teammates. Not many get the chance to play football at this level and most probably don't want to let it go. He may live to regret just not finishing it out. Between him and Summers just quitting, it makes you a little worried about the atmosphere in the locker room right now.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
He may live to regret just not finishing it out.

This is going to hurt his chances at getting a shot in the NFL, unless quitting was him giving up on football completely. I don't think he doesn't care about football, or he would have already quit with everything in the past at GT. As disappointing as he may have been this year, there's definitely been worse DL who've gotten shots at the next level. If he wants a shot at the NFL, he has to know this is going to automatically eliminate him from multiple teams... isn't the season over in literally 10 days?

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
Seriously, what is going on? I don't recall this many players ever quitting mid-season from any team, let alone us.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Look at a bigger picture then - something going on in the locker room, --like, the glass is half full and you guys are not playing anymore and these guys are taking over your spots! Best you watch from over here or move on!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
@flea77 , Does Will speak of anything that may be going around in the locker room? or are most things left behind closed doors (which I respect). This season will either bring the team closer or divide it!
I hope it weeds out the roaches and allows a gelling process for next year.
Our younger guys have alot to build on for next year. Someone will rise up and be a man amongst boys. This season we have missed the senior leadership we had lastyear from Shaq and others and boy has it shown.
I will admit, I expected more out of JHD, every thread about his eligibility made me smile thinking "this guy will be a huge assest"...however..it didnt go according to plan.
Now we have 8 quarters of football left and all we can do is hope our kids come out with a chip on their shoulders.
They have to prove nothing to anyone but themselves!!
THW the U and THWG!!