Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Do you not think fan bases and boosters force ACing decisions?

Yes, but I thought GT fans like to think of themselves as more rational than that. Everyone gets 2 years, period. Just like we werent going to fire Woody after 1 year.

Collins can ask Pat to change some things, but I dont think firing is on the table after year zero.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Completely right tre swilling is nfl talent and we have plenty of guys who could play at other schools and start TO especially because of his athleticism
TO can run given a crease or a hole. He was not getting either with this online. Mason could not run against VT for the same reason. Yates opened the D up a little with his passing at the end of the game and would have been more successful had not a few balls been dropped that should have been completions. Hopefully he gets to start Thursday night and we get a better read on our capabilities with our play against starting defensive players with Yates in the game. Until proven otherwise, I think he is definitely our future at QB.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

Changing OCs does not equal wholesale change. There’s a way to run a modern spread offense without putting your personnel in positions they can’t win. There’s a way to do it without changing QBs 3 times per game.

Yep, And our offensive performance this year has been horrible. But we are down a whole ton of players. Also, I think the coaches made a group decision that they were going to run the new offense, even if it meant a lot of growing pains like this. We might have been more competitive if we had stuck to our old muscle memory and option offense. But the risk then is that you delay the transition and you might not be able to recruit as well if we’re not actually showing that we’re trying to change the offense.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
“How can we campaign against him?”

You’re not doing this fan thing right. CGC and TStan will make the hiring and firing decisions. Please don’t try and undermine the team.

staff decisions should be the domain of the coach and the coach alone. The AD should not have any input on who stays or goes

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
No... as frustrated as I am with our offensive performance, in my opinion everybody gets a pass this year. If there isn't a significant improvement next year, then its a conversation.

I am just worried what it is going to do to our recruiting when we play UGA... that game is going to be ugly.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
No... as frustrated as I am with our offensive performance, in my opinion everybody gets a pass this year. If there isn't a significant improvement next year, then its a conversation.

I am just worried what it is going to do to our recruiting when we play UGA... that game is going to be ugly.

Uga doesnt have the offense they had the last 2 years. They are a plodding bunch and use a lot of clock to score. Shouldnt be much worse than the last couple.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You mean he was the OC yesterday ?

I hate it but CGC will give him 3 years or more? Not a good idea but I see no way he can fire him after telling everyone how big of a rebuild this is it would mean he knows it's not.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I know that for the people that want CDP gone that it won't matter what they read on a message board to the contrary of what they think. But to those that want him gone please understand that the offense we're seeing this year is probably not going look like our offense next season when we get more of the players that fit what he wants to do. Give this team, but specifically the offense in this case, time to transition. If he fails with "his" players then, by all means, scream for him to be gone. Sh**, I'll scream with you.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Nm

Attachments

• 67B0CBA6-73DB-40C9-8CB4-46D47853C2EC.jpeg
    67B0CBA6-73DB-40C9-8CB4-46D47853C2EC.jpeg
    692.5 KB · Views: 43

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I'm just taking what these recruits are tweeting at face value but if they are still sold on CGC and what's being built here on the Flats then I feel confident that better days are definitely on the way. If we're able to maintain and add to our best recruiting class in 10+ years with a 4 win season it will be extremely encouraging

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I'm just taking what these recruits are tweeting at face value but if they are still sold on CGC and what's being built here on the Flats then I feel confident that better days are definitely on the way. If we're able to maintain and add to our best recruiting class in 10+ years with a 2 win season it will be extremely encouraging
FIFY

Animal02

Banned
I'm just taking what these recruits are tweeting at face value but if they are still sold on CGC and what's being built here on the Flats then I feel confident that better days are definitely on the way. If we're able to maintain and add to our best recruiting class in 10+ years with a 4 win season it will be extremely encouraging
Back to "recruiting being the magic genie" fantasy

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree. That’s my read: get better recruits...keep building a proper player development / S&C program that was missing with the last regime. The question is: can we score points if we do these other things right? Johnson could score pts with a pitiful def and lackluster player development / S&C program.