Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters
Situations aren't remotely similar in terms of what reasonable expectations were. Ya'll need to pump the brakes hard on this kind of talk.
I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect a coach to indicate that he knows what he is doing on the field. And offensively, we don't have a clue what to do, and it has shown in every game. The Miami game indicated that they MIGHT be finally waking up, but the Pitt game showed otherwise.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect a coach to indicate that he knows what he is doing on the field. And offensively, we don't have a clue what to do, and it has shown in every game. The Miami game indicated that they MIGHT be finally waking up, but the Pitt game showed otherwise.
I think I am going to disagree with you here... Against Miami, both teams did their level best to lose the game... Miami just did a better job of it than we did...

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

There is a difference between knowing what to do and being able to do it. The game plan has looked sound to me at least 3 games running. There simply isn't a magic set of plays to overcome an O-line that isn't blocking and a panicky freshman QB that is overthrowing everyone. Just a bad game, execution-wise, against an experienced and well coached defense. I think having a chess master coach has made people think you can actually just move players around like chess pieces, not accounting for the fact that the players actually have to make plays.

There is a difference between knowing what to do and being able to do it. The game plan has looked sound to me at least 3 games running. There simply isn't a magic set of plays to overcome an O-line that isn't blocking and a panicky freshman QB that is overthrowing everyone. Just a bad game, execution-wise, against an experienced and well coached defense. I think having a chess master coach has made people think you can actually just move players around like chess pieces, not accounting for the fact that the players actually have to make plays.
I agree that execution is what makes any game plan work, but I was able to see a PLAN against Miami, and I haven't seen on in any other game, including the Pitt game.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

It's like we want someone who can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
15 low end. I think the last clump of years has shown us it's better to shoot for more than we have. Going forward maybe 1 less at somewhere like WR in favor of OL (or DL).
Yeah, that’s pretty reasonable. I can certainly understand overrecruiting at offensive and defensive line just to get a larger margin for error, provided we understand we’re going to be thin somewhere else.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Agree.... CPJ was HOF Coach who move players around... FWIW I see CGC doing the same thing on D... I really like the D..... Hopefully next year our O gets better with CPD recruited players...

Deleted member 2897

Yep, and it should get deleted. Random negative thoughts that could simply go in other threads provide no value.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
so the scheme was a hindrance to our scheduling too.

Wow, so much for it being any kind of great advantage for us. It clearly didn't help recruiting and apparently resulted in biased scheduling. Good riddance!

It cracks me up how when Johnson had the three win season, you guys said it was a result of the 'scheme' or the high school offense and yet, today's dumpster fire is the result of injuries.
Believe me, I get it! You guys screamed, 'we don't want a football coach! We want a guy who talks a big game and makes the media laugh. We want someone that makes us feel good.'
Well, you got it! VPI FORTY-FIVE - Bill Lewis II ZERO! WOOHOO! Good riddance to the stylized offense!

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I guess this will get deleted as well.

Paten-Fraude has to go...he is awful. Beyond awful.

He has had time with these players to develop a plan...he has zilch. We have been shut out for what 20 quarters now?

Collins can’t hitch his horse to p-nut. We’re about innovation and he’s as unimaginative as I have ever seen. He’s padding Harvin’s stats at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
It cracks me up how when Johnson had the three win season, you guys said it was a result of the 'scheme' or the high school offense and yet, today's dumpster fire is the result of injuries.
Believe me, I get it! You guys screamed, 'we don't want a football coach! We want a guy who talks a big game and makes the media laugh. We want someone that makes us feel good.'
Well, you got it! VPI FORTY-FIVE - Bill Lewis II ZERO! WOOHOO! Good riddance to the stylized offense!
Step away from the keyboard man.