Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Your inability to see that class size is not a factor in our uptick in recruiting. This class is significantly better on a player by player basis.

we have more points than any class Johnson ever brought in and he had many classes with roughly the same amount of recruits.
Lets wait and see if they all sign and then wait till the next 4 years to see how many are still at Tech. ( We all remember your hate for CPJ and yes I liked him but still thought it was time for him to go. I like CGC not crazy about P'nut. ( and recruiting points don't win games unless it's offensive points , ask FSU)

GTFLETCH

Banned
The announced attendance of 41,219 was beneath the attendance for last year’s homecoming game, an October 13 loss to Duke, when attendance was 41,709. That figure was the lowest for a homecoming game since 1994, when homecoming was celebrated on the second-to-last game of a season in which coach Bill Lewis was fired the previous week.

So the attendance of $41,219 is the worse since 1994.....We are in the Bill Lewis ERA PartII

Link
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/notes-from-georgia-tech-loss-pittsburgh/Dl8wWdOpwJFW8sP8U8b79I/

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Lets wait and see if they all sign and then wait till the next 4 years to see how many are still at Tech. ( We all remember your hate for CPJ and yes I liked him but still thought it was time for him to go. I like CGC not crazy about P'nut. ( and recruiting points don't win games unless it's offensive points , ask FSU)

1. I didn’t hate CPJ. We probably have similar feelings towards him if you feel it was time for a change at the end.

2. My view of CPJ has nothing to do with the fact that class size is not the reason for our higher class ranking in year 1 under Collins.

3. You are correct that we have no clue what the future holds. But once again that has nothing to do with your class size argument that you continually make.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If you think our HC attendance was bad Duke's was not even half full. ACC attendance in general is not great except for Clemson VPI and maybe FSU who I would suspect is off this year. There are so many games on tv now that people don't bother to travel and then our alums tend to be all over the USA. If we become relevant in FB again then we should fill up the top games with our own fans.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
The announced attendance of 41,219 was beneath the attendance for last year’s homecoming game, an October 13 loss to Duke, when attendance was 41,709. That figure was the lowest for a homecoming game since 1994, when homecoming was celebrated on the second-to-last game of a season in which coach Bill Lewis was fired the previous week.

So the attendance of $41,219 is the worse since 1994.....We are in the Bill Lewis ERA PartII

Link
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/notes-from-georgia-tech-loss-pittsburgh/Dl8wWdOpwJFW8sP8U8b79I/
And I don't think thats all on coach Collins , attendence has been an issues for a few years now and has been on the decline .
Certainly the hype vs what the record is has been a factor as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Link

I think it’s different. In 1994, you couldn’t stream football games.

Here’s the reality: Tech is NOT encouraging legacy enrollment, and the students they have today are not as interested in sports as 25 years ago. Moreover, with the ACCN, actual game attendance doesn’t matter.

I would be willing to bet live attendance will average under 35,000 within 10 years.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
It's unbelievable lol. This post will be removed while the original will not, I'm not exaggerating this stuff. It's quite an anomaly here.

You are correct. I've had posts removed that call out the same asshats that are calling others out on here or posting all kind of crap reminiscent of BBuzzoff because they don't like the new coach. None of it is constructive criticisms or worthy of discussion. It's nothing more than hit and run troll jobs. Yet those posts don't get pulled and none of them are ever banned. But dare post anything pointing out what's going on around here and it gets pulled immediately. So yes Milwaukee you're not exaggerating and you're certainly not the only one who notices it.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think it’s different. In 1994, you couldn’t stream football games.

Here’s the reality: Tech is NOT encouraging legacy enrollment, and the students they have today are not as interested in sports as 25 years ago. Moreover, with the ACCN, actual game attendance doesn’t matter.

I would be willing to bet live attendance will average under 35,000 within 10 years.
Stop with this BS! Tech absolutely encourages and supports legacy enrollment. A legacy is guaranteed admission as a 2nd year enrollee if they have a 3.4 gpa and 30 semester hours. That is GUARANTEED ADMISSION regardless of test scores, regardless of HS transcript, regardless of...everything. If you go to a CC for 1 year, you're guaranteed admission as a legacy. So, if your kid wants to go to Ma Tech, Ma Tech is providing a sure fired way to make it happen.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You are correct. I've had posts removed that call out the same asshats that are calling others out on here or posting all kind of crap reminiscent of BBuzzoff because they don't like the new coach. None of it is constructive criticisms or worthy of discussion. It's nothing more than hit and run troll jobs. Yet those posts don't get pulled and none of them are ever banned. But dare post anything pointing out what's going on around here and it gets pulled immediately. So yes Milwaukee you're not exaggerating and you're certainly not the only one who notices it.
Instead of calling them out, report them. That's the way to get the post removed.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Stop with this BS! Tech absolutely encourages and supports legacy enrollment. A legacy is guaranteed admission as a 2nd year enrollee if they have a 3.4 gpa and 30 semester hours. That is GUARANTEED ADMISSION regardless of test scores, regardless of HS transcript, regardless of...everything. If you go to a CC for 1 year, you're guaranteed admission as a legacy. So, if your kid wants to go to Ma Tech, Ma Tech is providing a sure fired way to make it happen.

Well, thanks for sharing this. I stand corrected.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, thanks for sharing this. I stand corrected.
I didn't mean to blast you. I apologize for that. But, this is about the 4th time someone has blasted Tech about legacies. It's harder to get in straight from HS, so they developed the Conditional Transfer Pathway for legacies. I've got a kid who may be an entering sophomore next year (unfortunately as an out-of-state student).

https://admission.gatech.edu/conditional-transfer-pathway

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
That is a disingenuous statement regarding the o-line. Tech recruited just fine for the system that we ran. It is the fact that players recruited for a drive blocking/ blocking in space scheme are now being asked to do something they are not physically well suited to do. I don't consider that lack of talent, I consider that poor coaching...
Tech definitely did not recruit fine for the system. There has been years recently where ZERO O-linemen were signed. How can that happen? I don’t know if you remember, but Tech had trouble blocking teams like Duke, Pitt, and UNC for the past 3 seasons, much less Clemson and Georgia. Must’ve been poor coaching.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Still doesn't make it untrue..... Facts are Facts...

Look I want it to work out, but the cold hard reality is that CPJ went through DC like underwear and by the looks of the QB Coaching and the Playcalling CGC may have to switch OCs... Yesterday Pitt tried to give the game to us just liek Miami, 3 or 4 turnovers, a blocked punt, missed FG and out OC completely wet the bed.... This Head Coach will get 3 years like Bill Lewis, but he will have to sack his OC to keep the Hype mantra going!!

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Tech definitely did not recruit fine for the system. There has been years recently where ZERO O-linemen were signed. How can that happen? I don’t know if you remember, but Tech had trouble blocking teams like Duke, Pitt, and UNC for the past 3 seasons, much less Clemson and Georgia. Must’ve been poor coaching.
What years were they, because I just looked it up...

GTFLETCH

Banned
Yes in 2015 our OL sucked and without Coach Brian Bohanan to help ( he was at Ken State) Mike S struggled... So Coach Johnson hired a helper in 2016... Coach Ron West..

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I said this 6 hours before Clemson kickoff, and I think it still stands: no coach who gets this job
is incompetent. CGC is an excellent defensive coach, recruiter, and developer (S&C is way better than it was under CPJ). But all solid coaches will face a fork in the road when they need to choose whether to prune bad assistant coaches or sink with them.

CPD is indefensible. He runs the most generic / unimaginative spread offensive I’ve ever seen. I understand we need to distance ourselves from the TO, but there’s a way to do that without shi**y play calling that’s unfit for our personnel.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I said this 6 hours before Clemson kickoff, and I think it still stands: no coach who gets this job
is incompetent. CGC is an excellent defensive coach, recruiter, and developer (S&C is way better than it was under CPJ). But all solid coaches will face a fork in the road when they need to choose whether to prune bad assistant coaches or sink with them.

CPD is indefensible. He runs the most generic / unimaginative spread offensive I’ve ever seen. I understand we need to distance ourselves from the TO, but there’s a way to do that without shi**y play calling that’s unfit for our personnel.
SPOT ON!!!! I know Coach Key was an OC at UCF and was part of the winless season, but I would much rather have him as OC.... Just Saying!! I also think letting CDP go ASAP would bring juice back to the fans... you know...JUICE BUILDS JUICE

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
What years were they, because I just looked it up...
Well the 2019 class had ZERO high school O-Line commits. The only offensive linemen brought in was Southers via transfer.
2015 - 2
2016 -2
2017 -4
2018 -2
2019 -0 HS, 1 transfer
2020 -7!!!(currently)
To put in perspective, Georgia who has what is considered a top OLine in the country has had classes of:
2015 -5
2016 -3
2017 -5
2018 -5
2019 -3
2020 -5 (currently.)

So not only is UGAg getting the highest quality OLine commits, they’re also getting significantly more of them. Which as we can tell this year makes a massive difference when it comes to injuries and attrition. I’m sure you could also look at teams more similar to GT (Vandy, UVA, Pitt, Duke, VT, etc.) and they might have different or similar numbers, but if you actually believe GT has done well to recruit linemen you’re insane. This isn’t a statement about either CGCs or CPJs ability to recruit, or the resources they have available. It’s simply statement of fact. Tech’s recruitment of OLinemen has been atrocious, and if you look at where UGAg is at, it will take several recruiting cycles to even have a chance to catch up. I mean, they’ve had TWELVE more scholarship OLinemen than Tech has in only 5 recruiting seasons.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Well the 2019 class had ZERO high school O-Line commits. The only offensive linemen brought in was Southers via transfer.
2015 - 2
2016 -2
2017 -4
2018 -2
2019 -0 HS, 1 transfer
2020 -7!!!(currently)
To put in perspective, Georgia who has what is considered a top OLine in the country has had classes of:
2015 -5
2016 -3
2017 -5
2018 -5
2019 -3
2020 -5 (currently.)

So not only is UGAg getting the highest quality OLine commits, they’re also getting significantly more of them. Which as we can tell this year makes a massive difference when it comes to injuries and attrition. I’m sure you could also look at teams more similar to GT (Vandy, UVA, Pitt, Duke, VT, etc.) and they might have different or similar numbers, but if you actually believe GT has done well to recruit linemen you’re insane. This isn’t a statement about either CGCs or CPJs ability to recruit, or the resources they have available. It’s simply statement of fact. Tech’s recruitment of OLinemen has been atrocious, and if you look at where UGAg is at, it will take several recruiting cycles to even have a chance to catch up. I mean, they’ve had TWELVE more scholarship OLinemen than Tech has in only 5 recruiting seasons.
There were two OL committs when CGC took over they decided to de commit becuase the new staff never contacted them... I guess they did not fit the scheme...