Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Then all the smoke and mirrors that Geoff Collins was doing and saying is pointless

It’s just math. 300,000 hs seniors each year:
  • 30 five-stars, or 0.01 percent of the class
  • 380 four-stars, or 0.13 percent of the class
  • 1,328 three-stars, or 0.44 percent of the class
  • 1,859 two-stars, or 0.62 percent of the class
  • 296,403 unrated, or 98.88 percent of the class
We aren’t going to get 5 stars. Maybe some 4s. Most likely 3s.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes vocal few on this board, but where I sit at Bobby Dodd... Not the vocal few.... Also with every game less people show to my section

And? What does it matter? When any teams lose fans disappear and when they win they show back up. Fans mean very little right now at GT. The only one that matters is TStan and he is the one who initiated our movement back into P5 football. Don’t worry, all those fair weathered friends will be back once Collins purges our roster and brings in real QB’s and guys who can actually block a P5 defensive tackle.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
The perceived talent gap has closed mostly due to experience. I mean, over the last 3 years Tech recruited as well as any other middle-of-the-road to below average ACC team according to the media sites. So it’s not like they’re playing with 85 FCS guys. There are a lot of guys that were outcasts to other P5 schools either because they didn’t fit a system or other factors. But Tech hasn’t recruited well at all on the lines, and that’s where the talent deficiencies are most noticeable, and that’s where most people are calling out the lack of talent.

That is a disingenuous statement regarding the o-line. Tech recruited just fine for the system that we ran. It is the fact that players recruited for a drive blocking/ blocking in space scheme are now being asked to do something they are not physically well suited to do. I don't consider that lack of talent, I consider that poor coaching...

GTFLETCH

Banned
And? What does it matter? When any teams lose fans disappear and when they win they show back up. Fans mean very little right now at GT. The only one that matters is TStan and he is the one who initiated our movement back into P5 football. Don’t worry, all those fair weathered friends will be back once Collins purges our roster and brings in real QB’s and guys who can actually block a P5 defensive tackle.

Got it...so know the problem is the 4 and 3 star athletes recruited under a different coach... That is the reason why Coach Collins and staff can't coach em up!

GTFLETCH

Banned
It’s just math. 300,000 hs seniors each year:
  • 30 five-stars, or 0.01 percent of the class
  • 380 four-stars, or 0.13 percent of the class
  • 1,328 three-stars, or 0.44 percent of the class
  • 1,859 two-stars, or 0.62 percent of the class
  • 296,403 unrated, or 98.88 percent of the class
We aren’t going to get 5 stars. Maybe some 4s. Most likely 3s.
So you are saying that fans can expect about the same number of 3 and 4 star recruits to come to Georgia Tech that have always.... So Coaching will be super important and thus far it seems CHC and crew are in over their heads.

GT_EE78

Banned
I dream of the day when Above-The-Lime will once again refer to the salt on the rim of our glass,
instead of football or depth chart or lack thereof. Did Bill Lewis routinely provide the depth chart?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
So you are saying that fans can expect about the same number of 3 and 4 star recruits to come to Georgia Tech that have always.... So Coaching will be super important and thus far it seems CHC and crew are in over their heads.

Yes. Perhaps a different type if recruit, but 5 star? Aint gonna happen.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
For the first time it appeared GC got a little snippy in his presser after the Pitt game. The guys who are on the field when the clock starts are the starters for that ga me. We get the ATL stuff and in the long run he builds depth but someone does start the game based on a coach's decision. There may not be a first team as such.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I not sure there is really an uptick in recruiting more of a difference in who we are going after. This year we seem to be going after more OL ( great ) I think we have 5 if 3 pan out that could be good news. I know some look at the ratings but you can get your ratings higher by signing a bigger class.

You continue to not understand what is happening with recruiting. At this point one has to believe it’s intentional.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You continue to not understand what is happening with recruiting. At this point one has to believe it’s intentional.
Not sure what you are talking about I may understand more than you think. I did not say anything derogatory about recruiting. I'm happy we are getting more OL. And if you don't think you can raise your rating by signing 25 players over a class of 18 I don't know what to say. I really don't care about the number of stars a player has I want to sign the most we can every year and see a balance of positiins. Problem we have we are short on OL and DL.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what you are talking about I may understand more than you think. I did not say anything derogatory about recruiting. I'm happy we are getting more OL. And if you don't think you can raise your rating by signing 25 players over a class of 18 I don't know what to say. I really don't care about the number of stars a player has I want to sign the most we can every year and see a balance of positiins. Problem we have we are short on OL and DL.

Your inability to see that class size is not a factor in our uptick in recruiting. This class is significantly better on a player by player basis.

we have more points than any class Johnson ever brought in and he had many classes with roughly the same amount of recruits.