#GTvsCUSE Postgame

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like a LOT of over-reacting in here, but I guess that is to be expected. We looked like a young team today, which we are. Syracuse played a good game and they were fired up with their backs against the wall at home. This is an ugly loss and a missed opportunity against a mediocre team, but not a program-killing loss. Take a deep breath. This team will keep grinding and I will keep cheering.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Looks like a LOT of over-reacting in here, but I guess that is to be expected. We looked like a young team today, which we are. Syracuse played a good game and they were fired up with their backs against the wall at home. This is an ugly loss and a missed opportunity against a mediocre team, but not a program-killing loss. Take a deep breath. This team will keep grinding and I will keep cheering.
Looking young is fine looking uncoached is not.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Bad game today.
It’s been said before. You can’t turn it over 4 times and expect to win.
You can’t have 15 penalties and expect to win.

I think we have regressed from week 1.
Going forward, first priority is cleaning up mistakes. Make FG inside 20, make XP, stop the BS penalties, take care of football. These are our biggest hinderance and the easiest to fix. On a macro level I think our defense is still hamstrung by our talent in certain spots, but there isn’t anything you can do about that

im disheartened because I thought we went from a bad team last year to a mediocre one.
We are still bad.

gotta shake it off and play a good Louisville offense.
Sims just needs to keep learning and getting better.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well,
1. 15 penalties and 4 turnovers you will never win
2. Our receivers aren't getting open. On the pass that was intercepted on the overthown, all three of our receivers were within 3 yards of each other. and none of them was open
3. I keep saying run the ball but as the game went on our line either quit blocking or Cuse just pressed. Frankly I am not really sure what our running game is other than handoff and hope there is a hole.
4. Another week and the defense gives out of gas. Of course Cuse had 16 possessions and we had 17.
5. The announcers said we have no sweat practice on Thursdays....maybe we need to get back to sweating.
6. Cuse is better than us. They have a better line and receivers.

I said from the start of the CGC era that this was a grand experiment. Can you recruit and get better and enough talent to run a standard offense and defense and beat opponents in your conference and of course UGA. Our current systems that we run are plain schemes that you see in the NFL every day. No CPJ triple option, no Tenuta attacking defense. The experiment goes on and right now I give the staff a D-. We shall see but folks, the schedule only gets harder and we will not be favored in any of our remaining games. I sure hope this season does not end up like 1981.

I agree with most of this, but stats do not say Cuse is better. They say we were severely out coached and out executed.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Offense continues to move the ball but unable to put up the points that would normally come with it. It's a step up from the normal of last year but extremely frustrating to say the least. Not completely unexpected given the youth, but it will need to get better for us to ever see drastic improvements. Unfortunately, my worry even after the FSU game was that our OL wasn't as improved as it looked and today made me believe that all the more. Biggest worry for me on that side is that our OL isn't nearly as improved as I had hoped after game 1. I was surprised that we would be that improved in that area after just one year and this game really makes me doubt just how much better we are on that side. Improved, yes, but still a big step back both with the penalties and the missed blocks/assignments.

Defensively, the 37 points is a bit misleading. 7 came directly off an INT, and 14 more came off of short fields. Not good by any stretch, but not as bad as on first glance and hurt by the other areas of the game. Our issues with the front 7 are still a problem, and we had a couple of lapses out of the DB.

Unfortunately, I think the issues with our lines are going to continue for a while. The OL I'm just not sold that we could make it work with what we inherited and think it might be until we get the guys we've recruited. I think we can improve but I imagine it will still be a weakness for a while. In the front 7 on defense we need to get healthy, but man we need to have good recruiting in that area because we need new pieces there.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We have a loooooonnngggg way to go. Hopefully some of this can be addressed in the off week.

The good:
- Jahmyr Gibbs, Dontae Smith, Jamious Griffin. They good
- Harvin's punts
- uhhhhhh......
- oh, the deep ball to AB

The bad:
- The turnovers
- The penalties
- The never snapping the ball when their D was offsides
- The delay of game penalty?!
- Lack of pass protection
- Clayton's debut was....anticlimactic
- The penalties
- The penalties
- FG kicking unit
- kickoff coverage
- pretty much all of special teams other than Harvin
- penalties

Ewwww, I need shower after that game
This is about as accurate as we need. But, did you mention penalties?

Interesting to view our stats and think that our offense is effective. We seem to die in the red zone, because we have no power running game or maybe we just don't use it. We hade 5 possessions in the 4th quarter.....gained 21 yards in total. That is not the sign of good offense. Since the arrival of Coach P, we have not scored over 20 points in any game, that includes last year.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Shoutout to Syracuse DC for executing his gameplan and leaving us sputtering. There defense is what i anticipated ours to look like.
This game was very MTSUish and Dukeish in where i felt we were outschemed and outcoached.

Syracuse was exactly who we thought they were but we were complete **** in all phases.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Interesting to view our stats and think that our offense is effective. We seem to die in the red zone, because we have no power running game or maybe we just don't use it. We hade 5 possessions in the 4th quarter.....gained 21 yards in total. That is not the sign of good offense. Since the arrival of Coach P, we have not scored over 20 points in any game, that includes last year.
Well two of them were with the backups in, but we did melt down late on offense again.

Shoutout to Syracuse DC for executing his gameplan and leaving us sputtering. There defense is what i anticipated ours to look like.
This game was very MTSUish and Dukeish in where i felt we were outschemed and outcoached.

Syracuse was exactly who we thought they were but we were complete **** in all phases.

Ibee, serious question here....what exactly is our scheme that we run? I don't see us doing anything different than and NFL team on Sunday.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Summed up about as well as I have seen. Blunt and true. Cuse’s DC had them prepared & called great game.