#GTvsCUSE Postgame

Scubapro

Banned
Syracuse DOES NOT have a better team than Georgia Tech.

Tech simply lost because of turnover and penalties. Most of that is on the coaches.

I don't know how Yates was a 4* QB, but he should not be on the field. Good lord.
The scoreboard says they are much better

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry but what about the offensive lines play/coaching today makes you think the deep ball would have been any different than it was? Sims was did connect with brown on a deep ball, although Brown was wide freaking open.
Graham hit Brown for 7 TDs, tying the freshman record for TDs, last year and I don't know even know how many deep balls that weren't for TDs at the moment. Graham was great at hitting the deep ball and struggled at the short/intermediate passes, I can't imagine he wouldn't be better this year so we have a QB who can hit the deep ball AND make the short/intermediate passes.

Sims hit Brown for that deep ball today, but it was somewhat poorly thrown so Brown had to run out of bounds. That is the only one I can think of that Sims has hit..

GT_EE78

Banned
Syracuse DOES NOT have a better team than Georgia Tech.

Tech simply lost because of turnover and penalties. Most of that is on the coaches.

I don't know how Yates was a 4* QB, but he should not be on the field. Good lord.
He wasn't

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Graham hit Brown for 7 TDs, tying the freshman record for TDs, last year and I don't know even know how many deep balls that weren't for TDs at the moment. Graham was great at hitting the deep ball and struggled at the short/intermediate passes, I can't imagine he wouldn't be better this year so we have a QB who can hit the deep ball AND make the short/intermediate passes.

Sims hit Brown for that deep ball today, but it was somewhat poorly thrown so Brown had to run out of bounds. That is the only one I can think of that Sims has hit..
Maybe? If the staff gives him the opportunity, then we can make that judgement. He didn't travel today and from most new outlets he has been the QB 4 during practice. Sounds like its up to Graham to step up to the plate and hasn't.

Scubapro

Banned

The QB is not the problem....we did well running the ball most of the game...the problems came when we ran long developing pass plays with a freshman...when you pass ...roll him out with a single read to pass or run

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Like I said I haven’t seen any of the game today. Might not see any of it. But...like last year, my suspicion remains the same. Our in-game coaching seems to be BELOW THE LINE. This could be the IPA talking but...what the fffffffyuuuuuuukkkk?

Well,
1. 15 penalties and 4 turnovers you will never win
2. Our receivers aren't getting open. On the pass that was intercepted on the overthown, all three of our receivers were within 3 yards of each other. and none of them was open
3. I keep saying run the ball but as the game went on our line either quit blocking or Cuse just pressed. Frankly I am not really sure what our running game is other than handoff and hope there is a hole.
4. Another week and the defense gives out of gas. Of course Cuse had 16 possessions and we had 17.
5. The announcers said we have no sweat practice on Thursdays....maybe we need to get back to sweating.
6. Cuse is better than us. They have a better line and receivers.

I said from the start of the CGC era that this was a grand experiment. Can you recruit and get better and enough talent to run a standard offense and defense and beat opponents in your conference and of course UGA. Our current systems that we run are plain schemes that you see in the NFL every day. No CPJ triple option, no Tenuta attacking defense. The experiment goes on and right now I give the staff a D-. We shall see but folks, the schedule only gets harder and we will not be favored in any of our remaining games. I sure hope this season does not end up like 1981.