#GTvsCUSE Postgame

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
About 100 more yards than them. And it was never close. Seems normal.

2 of us out of 200 picked Syracuse by > 14 points. Who is the other chump besides me?

We give a game away against a team as bad as Syracuse, and it’s hard to find wins on our schedule if we keep handing over points on a silver platter.

450 yards of offense with only 3 scores is just pitiful really.
🙋‍♂️

Oh, and one more thing that irked me. Yates comes in, it is 2nd and 10, he pulls the ball down and takes off running....and then slides after 3 yards with the closest defender 5 yards away. What is he protecting his pro career as the 2nd string QB. Not sure he is really a gamer. As the 2nd you need to go out and show what you got.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Ibee, serious question here....what exactly is our scheme that we run? I don't see us doing anything different than and NFL team on Sunday.
We run a balanced spread attack that likes to attack every level of the defense in the passing game and with zone and gap run scheme

What irks me about game chats and postgame threads is that some seem to think other teams coaches don’t get paid to scheme and exploit weaknesses. I thought CDP play selection was bad at time. Too often we were sending 5 routes out vs 6 blitzers and still didn’t have an something open quick from where the blitzers removed themselves

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Interesting to view our stats and think that our offense is effective. We seem to die in the red zone, because we have no power running game or maybe we just don't use it. We hade 5 possessions in the 4th quarter.....gained 21 yards in total. That is not the sign of good offense. Since the arrival of Coach P, we have not scored over 20 points in any game, that includes last year.
\

Here is what we did in the RedZone

1 - pass - interception
2 - pass - incomplete
3 - pass - incomplete
4 - pass - touchdown
5 - penalty - False Start
6 - run - 7
7 - run - 4
8 - run - 5
9 - run - 2
10 - run - TD
11 - pass - 10
12 - run - loss of 3
13 - run - 8
14 - pass - incomplete
15 - Blocked FG
16 - Run - TD

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Turn of the game, for me, was the 3 play quick score by syracuse after we got the game within 3. That was a dagger. Even after UCF we seemed to have a hard time getting lined up especially after big plays.

Gibbs is a special player. At times, we moved the ball at will running, but stupid mistakes get you behind the chains.

Syracuse blanketed our receivers, and first two picks were on bad protection. Even the third pick was a throw the receiver had a chance to make, but he didn't go up for the ball. The last one was inexcusable, but again occured after a 3rd and 15.

Keep in mind this offense converted on a 2nd and 40. 2nd. And. 40. It's ridiculous the situations we had today.

A decision has been made to let the kids play. I have faith that will work out in the long term.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Two of those INTs were tips. I don't blame Sims for those, except he should never the thrown the second one. He simply hasn't learned to eat a loss yet.

And, again, we looked poorly coached. What is it with all the penalties and the continuing special teams problems (except for Pressley, of course)?

I won't say more. I quit watching the game.

We run a balanced spread attack that likes to attack every level of the defense in the passing game and with zone and gap run scheme

What irks me about game chats and postgame threads is that some seem to think other teams coaches don’t get paid to scheme and exploit weaknesses. I thought CDP play selection was bad at time. Too often we were sending 5 routes out vs 6 blitzers and still didn’t have an something open quick from where the blitzers removed themselves

Thank you for the answer. What I see though is nothing other than can my guy beat yours. And yes that is football but I would like to see something a bit more.

Scubapro

Banned
Interesting to view our stats and think that our offense is effective. We seem to die in the red zone, because we have no power running game or maybe we just don't use it. We hade 5 possessions in the 4th quarter.....gained 21 yards in total. That is not the sign of good offense. Since the arrival of Coach P, we have not scored over 20 points in any game, that includes last year.
Careful...people will say you like CPJ better and you know how that goes.:rolleyes:
I have been telling folks that Patenaude is not a Power Five coach. His deficiencies are not hard to spot. I wish he could have shown up and been a Fridge but he aint.
I have just resigned to hold on and watch the clown show...none of us get to make coaching decisions.