#GTvsCUSE Postgame

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Did we read the same article?
I see what they OP is saying. It does seem odd when you say, “i could blame X, but I’m not going to” multiple times in an interview. It’s kind of a roundabout way of making the excuse, but then claiming you didn’t make it.

Doesn’t matter though. The fact that he didn’t come out there praising effort and talking about Juice after that performance is enough.

It read like he cried at one point though. Is that correct? Anyone else get that feeling when he said excuse me after a pause when talking about the effort the players put in? Reminds me of a Butch Jones if that’s the case.

slugboy

Staff member
The word “discipline” means a bunch of different things in different circumstances. If we’re going to compare Collins talking about discipline in context of COVID in the same breath as avoiding mental mistakes plus also with giving a player an earful on the sidelines, then none of this is going to make any sense. In each of those cases, and in a lot I didn’t list there, the word is getting used in a different way.
In a lot of these cases, we’re comparing apples and oranges. It might as well not even be the same word.

GT_EE78

Banned
was there some weird optical illusion going on? On so many plays there appeared to be "black stuff" coming out of the turf when scraped or someone landed.
(it wasn't there between plays) evaporating texas crude?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
was there some weird optical illusion going on? On so many plays there appeared to be "black stuff" coming out of the turf when scraped or someone landed.
(it wasn't there between plays) evaporating texas crude?

It's black rubber made from the same material as tires that's poured between the artificial grass blades. It gives the field more bounce and makes it somewhat softer. Pretty sure our new field has it as well.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
It's black rubber made from the same material as tires that's poured between the artificial grass blades. It gives the field more bounce and makes it somewhat softer. Pretty sure our new field has it as well.

We're actually using this stuff.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I especially agree with this part of your post. I will never forget a life lesson my dad taught me playing Gin Rummy, you don’t switch horses mid stream. There is a point where you can switch strategies and recover after a poor start, but beyond that you have to ride what you’ve got till a break comes.

It’s true in cards, it’s true in sports and it is definitely true in life.

Your father was a wise man. As is a lot of them who go unrecognized by sons and daughters until they start to have children of their own.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I see what they OP is saying. It does seem odd when you say, “i could blame X, but I’m not going to” multiple times in an interview. It’s kind of a roundabout way of making the excuse, but then claiming you didn’t make it.

Doesn’t matter though. The fact that he didn’t come out there praising effort and talking about Juice after that performance is enough.

It read like he cried at one point though. Is that correct? Anyone else get that feeling when he said excuse me after a pause when talking about the effort the players put in? Reminds me of a Butch Jones if that’s the case.
I watched the presser. Absolutely no evidence of crying or being overly dramatic. There were audio issues and some intentional moments of pausing to connect thoughts.

Deleted member 2897

I think Sims will be OK. He is learning the hard way that D1 db talent is very different than in high school. The mistakes he is making can be corrected with experience and coaching. He is a very talented young man.

Manning threw 28 interceptions in his first year in the league. Just browsed it again. He threw 2 or more interceptions in 11 games (!). He threw 11 interceptions in his first 4 games (!). It looks like he started to turn the corner after 4 or 5 games. Of course this has no bearing on anything, but I was just looking for an example of when a quarterback had a really hard time adjusting to see how long it might take the team to adjust the offense a little and for the quarterback to learn from his mistakes a little.