TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Look up pictures of Notre Dame's stadium, or Michigan, or Pitt, and you'll see a bunch of photos that look a lot like our stadium, because Gold/yellow doesn't stand out. Their stadium looks like a mixed bag because they have navy, gold, and white. The colors don't pop like red and orange. Also for TV it helps if we all have shakers that are either Gold or White just as much or more as the color of out shirt. Michigan has a lot of bright yellow shakers and that really stands out on TV.

Yeah, but look at pix of Penn St and see if WHITE does not stand out.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, but look at pix of Penn St and see if WHITE does not stand out.
What about this one???? A STRIPE OUT!
11882300.jpeg

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041916aaa.html

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Look up pictures of Notre Dame's stadium, or Michigan, or Pitt, and you'll see a bunch of photos that look a lot like our stadium, because Gold/yellow doesn't stand out. Their stadium looks like a mixed bag because they have navy, gold, and white. The colors don't pop like red and orange. Also for TV it helps if we all have shakers that are either Gold or White just as much or more as the color of out shirt. Michigan has a lot of bright yellow shakers and that really stands out on TV.
What I have observed is teams with a single bold color (red, orange) tend to have crowds that wear the same. Teams with dark or muted or more than one primary color have a mixed bag crowd at games.

Michigan (mixed bag, like us)
201110-w-college-football-michigan.jpg

the Ohio State (lotta red, little white)
1376398757000-USP-NCAA-Football-Miami-Ohio-at-Ohio-State.jpg

Notre Dame (mixed bag, like us, but man they pack 'em in)
Notre_v5lpw5qc_q2m1pyt8.jpg

Clemson (lotta orange)
MemorialStadiumSept2006.jpg

Alabama (fairly even mix of red and white - red stands out because its bold)
Alabama-Football-Stadium-Bryant-Denny-Stadium.jpg

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Tennessee and OKC Thunder got the best dressed fans....but as for GT, as long as people are in the seats rooting for tech, they could wear nothing and I'd be happy.

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
What I have observed is teams with a single bold color (red, orange) tend to have crowds that wear the same. Teams with dark or muted or more than one primary color have a mixed bag crowd at games.

Michigan (mixed bag, like us)
201110-w-college-football-michigan.jpg

the Ohio State (lotta red, little white)
1376398757000-USP-NCAA-Football-Miami-Ohio-at-Ohio-State.jpg

Notre Dame (mixed bag, like us, but man they pack 'em in)
Notre_v5lpw5qc_q2m1pyt8.jpg

Clemson (lotta orange)
MemorialStadiumSept2006.jpg

Alabama (fairly even mix of red and white - red stands out because its bold)
Alabama-Football-Stadium-Bryant-Denny-Stadium.jpg
[/QUOTE

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
That's not accurate. Tech wears Navy as an alternate color, as well as an accent color. I'm not sure why some of you act like Navy is just something that some "bad fans" wear when they really should be supporting the program. Lmao
I'm not sure you even read my response. I never said anything about Navy not being an alternate color that Tech wears or anything about it being an accent color. I don't see how it's not accurate either. The suppliers keep supplying Navy gear because it sells. There's nothing false about that. Finally, I even specifically said that nobody is saying you're a "bad fan" if you wear Navy, but you hear what you want to I guess

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure you even read my response. I never said anything about Navy not being an alternate color that Tech wears or anything about it being an accent color. I don't see how it's not accurate either. The suppliers keep supplying Navy gear because it sells. There's nothing false about that. Finally, I even specifically said that nobody is saying you're a "bad fan" if you wear Navy, but you hear what you want to I guess
I think a lot of people buy the blue because they haven't made any gold stuff that looks that good.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
For the white out we wear white helmets, tops, and pants, so for gold out will we wear gold pants, tops, and helmets? Have we ever worn gold tops and pants?

Who cares if wearing gold isn't "pretty." It's our primary COLOR. smdh. People worrying about what's pretty.

... amidoinitrite?
I was referring to the team wearing gold jerseys and gold pants. Gold pants and white jerseys, or white pants with gold jerseys look better than both being in gold. I agree, however, that it shouldn't matter whether what the fans wear is "pretty" or not.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I was referring to the team wearing gold jerseys and gold pants. Gold pants and white jerseys, or white pants with gold jerseys look better than both being in gold. I agree, however, that it shouldn't matter whether what the fans wear is "pretty" or not.

I know. Just pulling ur leg.