Who cares if it doesn't stand out it's the schools primary color and if we were to all wear gold you would be able to tell. Not to mention it affects recruiting imo, a stadium in all one color or a stadium in 3 or 4 colors? Let's also consider its about the players more than us and this is something that the players are wanting, so if they want it why would we not support them in it? I do agree that having the stadium more full would be more important, but why not push for the gold as well, that's something GT athletic department could advertise. I understand it might stain easy, or it's not the best looking color, but once again who cares, it's a football game and it would be done to support the team and what THE PLAYERS WANT!
HELL YEAH !!!

Super - understand and appreciate what you are advocating for. On the face of it I agree as well. Sadly, I think that it is a losing battle; the navy blue color is here to stay regardless of GT's history with colors and so will the mixed bag we see at the games.

Personally, I wear a gold shirt to the games other than the Whiteouts. Some would say that it is not the correct shade of gold - I got it at the GT bookstore. If I had one wish though, it would be that Grant Field had 50k GT fans at every game wearing anything they wanted with 5k opponents fans spread around in the corners of the Upper North and Upper West with the frowns on their faces being their most unifying attribute.

As to what you say about shakers; In recent years, I have received shakers at Grant Field at the gate a few times. There were piles at the end of the rows at F$U last year (Lower West) and there has been times where GTAA, Alumni Assoc. or outside vendors have been wandering around campus giving shakers pre-game. Interestingly enough, the shakers have been either white, old gold or a mix of the two - never Buzz Gold (yellow) and certainly not navy.

As to ND - they appear to have the same issues as GT when it comes to color. I disagree with you; nothing was uniform there and oddly, enough green is one of ND's secondary colors with Navy and Gold being primary:
28429468744_bc2364f647_b.jpg

Their student section was uniform - I loved that look. However, it was a green that is not what I would consider similar to what an average ND fan would wear - but it is an official (secondary) shade of green for ND. The emerald green most people wear is an official tertiary(!) color for ND.

Based on what I saw and what ND says their official colors are, I would have to say that green gets in the way with ND's official colors in the same way navy gets in the way with GT's official colors. ND's popularity does not seem to suffer because of it.

Keep up the fight.
OK, since you have photos that dispute what I said from ND, I will defer, but, as you pointed out, the student section was definitely uniform in color. I actually thought ND's colors were green and gold, so I was apparently incorrect there too. At least, to my knowledge, there are no other schools who predominantly wear green (Oregon maybe?), so I doubt that green "gets in the way" for ND. There is just nothing distinctive or unique about blue for Tech fans; it's just a matter of people wearing whatever they want to at a given time. I can't remember when I have not worn a gold (yellow) shirt and gold cap to games, other than the whiteout games. I don't wear them anywhere else other than the games; I wear them to the games because they immediately identify me as a Tech fan, something I would think all fans would want. As far as the shakers, I understand they handed them out at the gates to the north stands for the FSU game, but, if they had any at the North Ave gates to the east stands, I sure didn't see them.

They conform to their click. If you want the swarm section to wear gold, then you can stop because you already got your way.

I couldn't tell you what the people around me wear because I don't pay attention. I don't remember any close to me that wear button up shirts and ties. I can't even tell you what I wore to the games last year(except for the FSU game) because I don't pay enough attention to remember. I don't wear shirts with a lot of holes in them(except for a worn out gold shirt that has all four NCs listed on it). I don't wear red and black shirts for obvious reasons. Other than that, I grab something I like on gameday and head to the stadium.
The Swarm section is one small section. I just don't understand why all other Tech fans can't (WON'T) do the same. We certainly don't need to dress as garishly as those in the Swarm section do, but we can still wear gold.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The Swarm section is one small section. I just don't understand why all other Tech fans can't (WON'T) do the same. We certainly don't need to dress as garishly as those in the Swarm section do, but we can still wear gold.

OK, I'm sympathetic with your desires. I think the wash of same schoool color in the stands is impressive. I think it would be cool if every GT game was mostly gold except the white out.

That being said, I'm not sure it's an issue that can really be forced nor do I agree that it's worth bashing people on. Is someone wearing a grey GT hoodie really less of a fan than someone wearing a random yellow t-shirt? I think the biggest thing to do is just for people who care to encourage those around them. Others will eventually join in out of conformity to the majority.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Wrong shade but enthusiastic!
Just found s nice t shirt for wife that is the old gold. Dicks sporting online.
Go JACKETS

Attachments

• 20151024_222015.jpg
    20151024_222015.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 39
Wrong shade but enthusiastic!
Just found s nice t shirt for wife that is the old gold. Dicks sporting online.
Go JACKETS
This morning, I bought a nice looking gold (yellow) t-shirt with Buzz on it in, of all places and all cities, a Kroger in Augusta. It's probably not "the right shade" of gold either, but it stands out, no matter what some of you people claim.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Count me in for blue.

I finally bought a gold GT shirt and I must say its the worst looking one I have.

I like the uniformity for certain games but from my experience at tech home games the dominant colors in the stands are white and gold (except for the FSU game where it was garnet) already.

this isn't an issue of people liking blue being bad fans. This is an issue of what's actually for sale. Get a good unified gold base color that's worth buying and you'll get more gold at the games.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm fine with white and fine with gold any shade...(some yellows are horrid but....oh well.). I do hate seeing our fans in Navy, particularly for games against teams like Ga. Southern. Honestly, whether you prefer white or gold or even like navy or gray more Sun-Fri, how hard is it to avoid the primary colors of our opponents in the stadium during games?

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow

Why not both? This is just an effort for those already at the game to present a more unified fanbase. I generally preferred yellow/gold anyways for gameday, but now that there's a concerted effort to have the same color you can be sure I'll be wearing gold when I come back down for games. The resistance is kind of mind boggling to me really. If the problem is getting shirts I've got about 20 extra from when I was a student that I could bring down for homecoming.
I also really really dislike it when our fans wear another team's primary colors (mostly blue which is a secondary/tertiary color for us) to a home game. Like against Ga. Southern as Whiskey pointed out. If ALL our fans were wearing blue then their fans would blend into our mass but because we're split three ways it really looked like more of them in our stadium. As for Vandy or a team that shares a primary color, who cares? Gold is our primary (with white). If they show up wearing gold they'll just blend in and it'll help our players think they have no fans.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff

I tried to find out the average number of people that attend GT games, and came across this: http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2015/7/1/8878515/attendance-where-does-georgia-tech-stand So apparently, we fill 90% of the stadium on average. The reason it doesn't look that way is because it looks like an uncoordinated mess, and the eye doesn't catch on anything. Someone mentioned Pitt also being disorganized. Is that really the appearance we're fine with? Because their stadium looks terrible during GameDay (even though it's an NFL stadium). That's not really an exciting atmosphere. I don't think anyone is saying that you're a bad fan if you don't wear gold, because you're not. People are just trying to encourage everyone to wear gold to the games from now on

Milwaukee

Banned
This is my Kroger shirt that I bought this morning. Not great, but it will still be going to Dublin with me ----

View attachment 1718

Sorry, but I just couldn't wear that. That's absolutely hideous. Lol I'm not vain, am I?

"I bet you get a free bowl of soup when you buy that hat?" - Rodney Dangerfield #caddyshack #looksgoodonyouthough

A smaller view of the shirt I bought at Kroger this morning. I will definitely be taking it, along with other gold shirts, to Dublin.
Sorry, but I just couldn't wear that. That's absolutely hideous. Lol I'm not vain, am I?

"I bet you get a free bowl of soup when you buy that hat?" - Rodney Dangerfield #caddyshack #looksgoodonyouthough
Why is it hideous? It is gold (yellow), has the GT logo and Buzz on it. And so what if it's hideous; it's only for game days or wearing in the streets of Dublin. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement; only to show my school loyalty.

Most of my gear is navy or white simply because Nike makes our gear primarily in those colors. My gold Russell GT polos are fugly.
I repeat, you don't wear it to make a fashion statement; you wear it to show your school loyalty, and blue is totally ambiguous when it comes to that. If somebody at Tech tells Nike to make more in gold or yellow, then you can be sure they will do it.

Milwaukee

Banned
A smaller view of the shirt I bought at Kroger this morning. I will definitely be taking it, along with other gold shirts, to Dublin.

Why is it hideous? It is gold (yellow), has the GT logo and Buzz on it. And so what if it's hideous; it's only for game days or wearing in the streets of Dublin. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement; only to show my school loyalty.

I was only being silly. I just don't like the shirt, that's all.

Cheers mate.