Not a thing to worry about.

Tech fans will be wearing GOLD and everyone will know its for TECH right away because we're the YELLOW jackets. People identify gold immediately with TECH not with who's actually WEARING it!

Back me up here @Supersizethatorder-mutt
Tech fans will be wearing GOLD and everyone will know its for TECH right away because we're the YELLOW jackets. People identify gold immediately with TECH not with who's actually WEARING it!
This

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Good grief.

First, Tech has zero consistency ... In team colors, merchandising, or product (winning teams).

Colors ... In my 35 yrs with Tech, they have trotted out so many variations of gold, I wish I had a nickel for each one. On top of that, how many uniform changes have we had? Look at Alabama or UT ... Timeless.

Merchandising ... We must have the crappiest merchandise program of any major program in America. The products are just cheap. We should dump all the licensees and start over.

Product ... Want butts in the seats? Win games. And promote, promote, promote. Bobby Dodd used to say "you have to own the local kids (Atlanta) in recruiting." They bring their families, friends, neighbors. It's a local effort.

That said, I'll go buy a gold shirt tomorrow. But we need help. It's never been great and the current president could care less about winning football games.

Good grief.

First, Tech has zero consistency ... In team colors, merchandising, or product (winning teams).

Colors ... In my 35 yrs with Tech, they have trotted out so many variations of gold, I wish I had a nickel for each one. On top of that, how many uniform changes have we had? Look at Alabama or UT ... Timeless.

Merchandising ... We must have the crappiest merchandise program of any major program in America. The products are just cheap. We should dump all the licensees and start over.

Product ... Want butts in the seats? Win games. And promote, promote, promote. Bobby Dodd used to say "you have to own the local kids (Atlanta) in recruiting." They bring their families, friends, neighbors. It's a local effort.

That said, I'll go buy a gold shirt tomorrow. But we need help. It's never been great and the current president could care less about winning football games.
the current president could care less about winning football games.
One of his many shortcomings

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Cst9fsNXgAAWLHY.jpg

Gotta say, if you didn't think this was awesome...I don't know what to tell you. We finally looked united and comparable to other stadiums and big-time teams that know to wear one color to the games. Hopefully we can do this every game for the rest of the season

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I was in section 215 and it definitely looked better than having a million different colors, I still saw a ton of GT fans not wearing gold though. I just wish the fans would stop complaining and support the team when asked to do something, like wear gold, also fill the stadium up, which is more important than the color. Is it really that hard to fill the stadium up? It was kinda pathetic imo seeing so many empty seats.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Is it really that hard to fill the stadium up?
Against teams that don't travel well, yes. We have a tiny alumni-base that is spread around the globe. A large portion of those don't know the difference between a football and baseball. Local-Joe-football-fan doesn't identify with GT and our braintrust makes little to no effort to change that. So there ya go.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
It's sure true that gold doesn't pop though. That picture just fades into a blah.

But would you rather this, which has become the norm for Tech football games?
d82e61606c7644b7921e66fbe6b08d05.png

At least everyone in gold represents Tech. I have no idea what team is represented in the picture above. If I weren't a Tech fan and someone showed me this picture, I'd have no clue what team this is. I can't for the life of me understand why Tech fans are so averse to representing their team in the stands. The discussion has never been about what the team wears: they decide that themselves. But if Clemson fans can do this:
DeathValley.jpg

And Georgia fans can do this:
sanford-stadium.jpg

And even a team like North Carolina, in their ugly sky blue, can do this:
nkRotImage001.jpg

And all of these teams doing this without even being prompted to do so, why is it so hard for Tech fans to just wear gold? If we can do this when we're motivated to:
BobbyDoddNight.jpg

Then we sure as hell can come unified every other game. We're a smarter fanbase than UGA, UNC, Clemson, and all others, but for some reason everyone wants to think that it doesn't matter what the fans look like in the stands. It does. Recruits notice it, players notice it, and other fans notice it. Want to stop being called a "lukewarm fanbase"? Want more people to show up to games? Want to attract more fans from the Atlanta area? Want to have a true home field advantage? There's one easy way that over time will certainly do it. You can keep making excuses, but you know that in the end, the most successful teams also have the most unified and rabid fans, and most importantly, it shows. Nobody is calling you a bad fan for showing up in a different color; you're not. But there's a great deal of us tired of our reputation and looking around and seeing this support that other fans throw behind their team and seeing it having a true advantage, and we want the same. And it's not that hard to do, and it truly has an effect on the game. Taking gold and owning it and decking out the stands in gold like we did in the past as a Tech tradition will lead to benefits that we will reap down the road. Likewise, we've been reaping what we've sown with terrible branding and a confused color scheme that muddles up the stands. Let me end with a question: if last year's game against Florida State wasn't a whiteout, do you truly think that we'd have won that game?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
But would you rather this, which has become the norm for Tech football games?
d82e61606c7644b7921e66fbe6b08d05.png

At least everyone in gold represents Tech. I have no idea what team is represented in the picture above. If I weren't a Tech fan and someone showed me this picture, I'd have no clue what team this is. I can't for the life of me understand why Tech fans are so averse to representing their team in the stands. The discussion has never been about what the team wears: they decide that themselves. But if Clemson fans can do this:
DeathValley.jpg

And Georgia fans can do this:
sanford-stadium.jpg

And even a team like North Carolina, in their ugly sky blue, can do this:
nkRotImage001.jpg

And all of these teams doing this without even being prompted to do so, why is it so hard for Tech fans to just wear gold? If we can do this when we're motivated to:
BobbyDoddNight.jpg

Then we sure as hell can come unified every other game. We're a smarter fanbase than UGA, UNC, Clemson, and all others, but for some reason everyone wants to think that it doesn't matter what the fans look like in the stands. It does. Recruits notice it, players notice it, and other fans notice it. Want to stop being called a "lukewarm fanbase"? Want more people to show up to games? Want to attract more fans from the Atlanta area? Want to have a true home field advantage? There's one easy way that over time will certainly do it. You can keep making excuses, but you know that in the end, the most successful teams also have the most unified and rabid fans, and most importantly, it shows. Nobody is calling you a bad fan for showing up in a different color; you're not. But there's a great deal of us tired of our reputation and looking around and seeing this support that other fans throw behind their team and seeing it having a true advantage, and we want the same. And it's not that hard to do, and it truly has an effect on the game. Taking gold and owning it and decking out the stands in gold like we did in the past as a Tech tradition will lead to benefits that we will reap down the road. Likewise, we've been reaping what we've sown with terrible branding and a confused color scheme that muddles up the stands. Let me end with a question: if last year's game against Florida State wasn't a whiteout, do you truly think that we'd have won that game?

I'm a big fan of a yellow (not gold) cap. You can wear what you want, but if they at least wear the cap .. You're there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk