Milwaukee

Banned
I repeat, you don't wear it to make a fashion statement; you wear it to show your school loyalty, and blue is totally ambiguous when it comes to that. If somebody at Tech tells Nike to make more in gold or yellow, then you can be sure they will do it.

Completely agree with the 2nd part. I would love to add more gold or white Nike polos to my collection. But as it stands, the Navy are the sharpest.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I repeat, you don't wear it to make a fashion statement; you wear it to show your school loyalty, and blue is totally ambiguous when it comes to that. If somebody at Tech tells Nike to make more in gold or yellow, then you can be sure they will do it.
No, they won't, and that's the bad thing about it. The reason you see all of the navy Tech gear is because that is the gear that sells. If someone at Tech told Russell to make more gold gear (which they have), Russell simply replies that their current stock hasn't sold yet, so they won't be making more gear. It won't be more prevalent until it sells, and it won't sell until it's more apparent. It's a chicken and the egg deal, and it's about time the fans did something to change it rather than waiting around for the athletic administration which hasn't been able to do anything about it for the past several years

Completely agree. I would love to add more gold or white Nike polos to my collection. But as it stands, the Navy are the sharpest.
Like I have said several times, we're not making fashion statements. If you need a "sharp" shirt for wearing during the week, fine, but why on earth does "sharpness" count on game day? Do you think those UGLY Clemson orange shirts are "sharp"? Hell, no, but it doesn't stop their fans from wearing them to games. Not picking on you, but Tech fans need to get over themselves.

Milwaukee

Banned
No, they won't, and that's the bad thing about it. The reason you see all of the navy Tech gear is because that is the gear that sells. If someone at Tech told Russell to make more gold gear (which they have), Russell simply replies that their current stock hasn't sold yet, so they won't be making more gear. It won't be more prevalent until it sells, and it won't sell until it's more apparent. It's a chicken and the egg deal, and it's about time the fans did something to change it rather than waiting around for the athletic administration which hasn't been able to do anything about it for the past several years

That's not accurate. Tech wears Navy as an alternate color, as well as an accent color. I'm not sure why some of you act like Navy is just something that some "bad fans" wear when they really should be supporting the program. Lmao

Milwaukee

Banned
Like I have said several times, we're not making fashion statements. If you need a "sharp" shirt for wearing during the week, fine, but why on earth does "sharpness" count on game day? Do you think those UGLY Clemson orange shirts are "sharp"? Hell, no, but it doesn't stop their fans from wearing them to games. Not picking on you, but Tech fans need to get over themselves.

Those Orange Nike polos, yes, they're sharp. But opinions vary.

If TECH tells them to make more gold, then I feel sure they would. After all, doesn't Tech hold the upper hand in any contract? If not, then they should. The interesting thing I have noted living in Augusta is that what few Tech shirts they sell here are ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY GOLD OR YELLOW. The "hideous" one I bought today was made by Atlas Inc, whoever the hell they are. Whoever Tech has a contract with can continue to make and sell any color they want, but why the hell can't they make "game day shirts," for exclusive use at the games?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
My blue shirt with a giant GT on it shows my loyalty too. In fact GT will be the only people at the BC game with Blue whereas both teams have gold. hmmmmm.

My blue shirt with a giant GT on it shows my loyalty too. In fact GT will be the only people at the BC game with Blue whereas both teams have gold. hmmmmm.
Unless you have a direct view of the logo, you don't have a clue where your loyalty lies. I don't care if BC doesn't have blue as a color or not, Tech's PRIMARY COLORS ARE GOLD AND WHITE. Get over yourself and wear a damn gold shirt.

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
upload_2016-8-17_20-22-21.png

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I know your view won't be changed on this but I mentioned this argument to about 3 of my UGA friends who I talk both UGA and Tech football with. All 3 said

"Wait I thought Blue was one of your main colors???"

"You guys wear blue uniforms thats good enough"

"When I see blue in a football setting I think Tech first then Auburn"

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
All this talk about what we want is pointless, how about we LISTEN to the PLAYERS that are saying it would be cool for us to do a GOLD OUT every game. don't get me wrong it might be hard to find a good looking gold shirt but who cares if it looks great, you are at a FOOTBALL game. Is it really to much to ask the fans to wear gold like the PLAYERS want? Forget what @Supersizethatorder-mutt wants and listen to the PLAYERS. Or do y'all not support what they want?

I also wouldn't mind doing a blue out if that's what it took to all look alike. Sorry supersize

I know your view won't be changed on this but I mentioned this argument to about 3 of my UGA friends who I talk both UGA and Tech football with. All 3 said

"Wait I thought Blue was one of your main colors???"

"You guys wear blue uniforms thats good enough"

"When I see blue in a football setting I think Tech first then Auburn"
I really don't give a damn what any mutts think. We are the YELLOW JACKETS, not the blue jackets, and all the way back to the beginning of Tech history, we have been the WHITE AND GOLD. We have one song with that in the title, and we have "dress her in white and gold" in the RR Song. NEVER was blue ever mentioned.

All this talk about what we want is pointless, how about we LISTEN to the PLAYERS that are saying it would be cool for us to do a GOLD OUT every game. don't get me wrong it might be hard to find a good looking gold shirt but who cares if it looks great, you are at a FOOTBALL game. Is it really to much to ask the fans to wear gold like the PLAYERS want? Forget what @Supersizethatorder-mutt wants and listen to the PLAYERS. Or do y'all not support what they want?
I agree. It's not a question of what I want. If the players say they want it, then that should settle it, regardless of what I say.

Milwaukee

Banned

I also wouldn't mind doing a blue out if that's what it took to all look alike. Sorry supersize

Where's this massive push from the players and the athletic department that you're eluding to? You guys are taking 1, 2, maybe 3 tweets and trying to make a point. I've seen the couple of tweets from the players just as you have, I hope.

You guys act as if there is a sponsored gold out that some of us will show up in Navy. You're having a conversation with yourself, basically.

If it's a gold out, let's all wear gold. Pretty simple.