[QUOTE="flea77, post: 238915, member: 1022" GT does nothing to promote the games

I'm not saying there isn't much room for improvement but I have seen efforts already this year. An offer for Gwinnett students, but one get one free for a student if I remember correctly...for Clemson, Duke, and Vandy I believe. I'll try to dig it up in order to provide correct details.[/QUOTE]
Good start. Back when they used ushers for games, Atlanta area boy scout troops were used exclusively. Things like that go a long way in promoting the Jackets.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The color you linked to looks a lot darker than the ones you washed the photos with. I'm wondering how well that's really going to "pop" on TV. The white and even the light yellow really pops. I totally support what you are doing, and I'll have the family dressed whatever yellow we can find.
As Jason over on FTRS likes to point out, wear whatever shade of gold or yellow you have. On TV those large pans of the stadium will blend them all together in just the right shade.
:)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Look up pictures of Notre Dame's stadium, or Michigan, or Pitt, and you'll see a bunch of photos that look a lot like our stadium, because Gold/yellow doesn't stand out. Their stadium looks like a mixed bag because they have navy, gold, and white. The colors don't pop like red and orange. Also for TV it helps if we all have shakers that are either Gold or White just as much or more as the color of out shirt. Michigan has a lot of bright yellow shakers and that really stands out on TV.
It makes more sense for some of those schools to use shakers instead. When you are dressed in arctic gear from head to toe it is hard to show what color shirt you have on three layers down. With our warmer weather we don't have to rely on shakers, though I highly recommend shakers too when possible.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Super - understand and appreciate what you are advocating for. On the face of it I agree as well. Sadly, I think that it is a losing battle; the navy blue color is here to stay regardless of GT's history with colors and so will the mixed bag we see at the games.

Personally, I wear a gold shirt to the games other than the Whiteouts. Some would say that it is not the correct shade of gold - I got it at the GT bookstore. If I had one wish though, it would be that Grant Field had 50k GT fans at every game wearing anything they wanted with 5k opponents fans spread around in the corners of the Upper North and Upper West with the frowns on their faces being their most unifying attribute.

As to what you say about shakers; In recent years, I have received shakers at Grant Field at the gate a few times. There were piles at the end of the rows at F$U last year (Lower West) and there has been times where GTAA, Alumni Assoc. or outside vendors have been wandering around campus giving shakers pre-game. Interestingly enough, the shakers have been either white, old gold or a mix of the two - never Buzz Gold (yellow) and certainly not navy.

As to ND - they appear to have the same issues as GT when it comes to color. I disagree with you; nothing was uniform there and oddly, enough green is one of ND's secondary colors with Navy and Gold being primary:
28429468744_bc2364f647_b.jpg

Their student section was uniform - I loved that look. However, it was a green that is not what I would consider similar to what an average ND fan would wear - but it is an official (secondary) shade of green for ND. The emerald green most people wear is an official tertiary(!) color for ND.

Based on what I saw and what ND says their official colors are, I would have to say that green gets in the way with ND's official colors in the same way navy gets in the way with GT's official colors. ND's popularity does not seem to suffer because of it.

Keep up the fight.
Nice pictures!
Took me a minute to realize that a lot of those blue hats were Tech hats and not ND hats. Too bad our players did not see more gold in stands.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Asses in the seats (or standing) pulling for GT and I don't care what color you wear as long as it isn't the opponents color.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm fine with white and fine with gold any shade...(some yellows are horrid but....oh well.). I do hate seeing our fans in Navy, particularly for games against teams like Ga. Southern. Honestly, whether you prefer white or gold or even like navy or gray more Sun-Fri, how hard is it to avoid the primary colors of our opponents in the stadium during games?
Not to confuse the issue but I see no problem with having a "blue out" for games in which the Jackets wear blue uniforms. I personally like the blue, which is an historic color for Tech, though tertiary, but I am all on board wearing gold for every undesignated game.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Question. The Team does not wear Gold Jerseys. They wear White. So why not wear White every game ? It's just interesting to me that everyone says Gold is the main color but it's Never worn by the players or coaches. The coaches always wear Navy blue. I have a pretty good ideal that the team is wearing a gold jersey for Vandy but that won't happen again this year. What I think would look great would be for people to fill the staidly and not sell their tickets to the other teams fans. How about seat in your seats in the club level so our stadium does not look empty on TV. For a Enginerring school GT does some stupid stuff. I think Enginerring and marketing must not mix.

You have a very good (formerly) outside perspective Flea77, so please take this with no offense. The mass of unified color is what is intimidating or inspiring to the players. I'd like to see us fill the stadium and make noise as well. White is nice as seen from our whiteouts, but gold is the color that sets us apart from most all of our competition. It's the color that a real fan would wear to Sanford stadium. So if we want to send a message of support to our guys, I say GOLD, and lots of it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Color is not so important to some schools. Notre Dame, arguably the most storied and tradition rich program in America is one. Their student body is famous for putting out a student game day shirt known as The Shirt. It's such a big deal, they have an official unveiling every year. Guess what color it is????

Royal Blue.

Flea is right. We need to be more concerned with butts in seats than what color the butts are.

CgHZLf1W4AALhej.0.0.jpg

Color is not so important to some schools. Notre Dame, arguably the most storied and tradition rich program in America is one. Their student body is famous for putting out a student game day shirt known as The Shirt. It's such a big deal, they have an official unveiling every year. Guess what color it is????

Royal Blue.

Flea is right. We need to be more concerned with butts in seats than what color the butts are.

CgHZLf1W4AALhej.0.0.jpg
The students were all in green last year.

Royal Blue.

CgHZLf1W4AALhej.0.0.jpg
Totally agree that we need to be more concerned with getting butts in the seats, but that's something that none of us have any control over, and very little influence over, other than inviting people to join us and buy tickets. We do, however, have control, or at least influence, over how those already in the seats appear, and that's why I and others so ardently push the wearing of our school colors to the games. Blue may be a tertiary color, but gold and white are our primary colors, and those are the colors that should be worn.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
So this Saturday, the GT fans will all be wearing gold. However, the team declined to wear gold and Vandy will be wearing gold instead. Terrible execution and an absolute embarrassment.

So this Saturday, the GT fans will all be wearing gold. However, the team declined to wear gold and Vandy will be wearing gold instead. Terrible execution and an absolute embarrassment.

Johnson said we would be wearing the same uniforms from last Saturday. That's GOLD pants and GOLD helmets, our TRADITIONAL at home uniform. I really don't care what Vandy wears.