Actually, that shade of gold is the correct shade. The official shade of gold is PMS 874 - as taken from Tech's own branding guidelines: http://www.comm.gatech.edu/sites/co...nts/georgia-tech-visual-identity-july2016.pdf (updated July 2016)

This is another example of the shade of gold:
2010-GT-Gold-Standard-Logo-(PMS-874).jpg
I don't think any Tech apparel have ever been made in that color, regardless of whether it's the official color or not. It has been used on shakers though.

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
People do realize that one of Vandy's colors is gold right? This is dumb... won't be intimidating at all. Should have saved the gold out for the UVA game or Miami. A team that doesn't have gold...

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Actually, that shade of gold is the correct shade. The official shade of gold is PMS 874 - as taken from Tech's own branding guidelines: http://www.comm.gatech.edu/sites/co...nts/georgia-tech-visual-identity-july2016.pdf (updated July 2016)

From reading posts on this board it seems like TECH grads are pretty darn particular about their colors (and a few other things as well) so maybe instead of simply a "Goldout", it should be specified as a "PMS 874-Goldout"! I wonder what the PMS signifies :)

People do realize that one of Vandy's colors is gold right? This is dumb... won't be intimidating at all. Should have saved the gold out for the UVA game or Miami. A team that doesn't have gold...
Shouldn't matter, because Tech fans should wear gold to ALL GAMES (except the whiteout game), just like Clemson fans wear orange to all games, and Georgia fans wear red to all games, and every other fan base in the country wears primary colors to all games. Wake up, Tech fans !!!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We should worry about selling out a game without having 15,000 fans of the other team at the game first. Let's get the #GTSellout trend going, and also the #DontSellYourTicketsToOtherFans trend.

Man, I'm all about trying to have a unified color, but people getting bent out of shape about the exact shade of gold can't see the forest for the trees. I've been to Clemson's stadium, UGA's stadium, FSU's stadium...quite a few away games. I can promise you, a large majority of their fans have different shades of their teams colors on. Unless GT plans on giving every person that comes to the game the exact shade of gold they want fans to wear, having a unified color is never going to happen at games. Sounds like GT needs to do a color check before licensing products.

I'm going to games in MY gold shirt. If the person next to me gets bent out of shape that I'm not wearing PMS 874, then that person will be pouting all game as I enjoy our guys running up and down the field on the opposing team. No sweat off my back.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Will this have any impact on the student section showing up before the middle of the 2nd qtr? Seems like exert game I've traveled down too or watched on tv the section is half full by kickoff...

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Shouldn't matter, because Tech fans should wear gold to ALL GAMES (except the whiteout game), just like Clemson fans wear orange to all games, and Georgia fans wear red to all games, and every other fan base in the country wears primary colors to all games. Wake up, Tech fans !!!
Nope. Disagree. Wear whatever school-related color you want to. As long as it's one of the four school-related colors, it's fine by me.

I prefer to wear dark blue, and will wear dark blue shouting my head off for the guys on the field. Don't really care what other people think.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I live in Alabama, so I usually go to an Auburn game and an Alabama game once a year with friends and there is no unified color at either stadium unless it is called for ahead of time like our white out games. At auburn you get Orange, navy, and white. At Alabama you get Crimson, white, and a little black here and there. As long as fans wear gold, white, or navy why does it matter as long as they cheer on the jackets? I understand doing a gold out once a year and a white out once a year, that is fun, and it looks cool on TV, but we're just fans. We don't need a uniform to sit in the stands. That's just weird to me.

Will this have any impact on the student section showing up before the middle of the 2nd qtr? Seems like exert game I've traveled down too or watched on tv the section is half full by kickoff...
Boy, I agree on that. I wish the Tech student body could be like the ND student body, who had filled their section in South Bend at least 30 minutes prior to kickoff. And they were all in Irish green too.