GT vs Pitt Postgame

MidtownJacket

Staff member
You are missing that you don't keep paying a guy who can't get it done. Of course that's part of the reason some people were so against the extension last year.

We aren’t paying the current coaching regime when we donate to the GTAA. We are filling the warchest of the AD to go get what we need. New coach or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Through the first 3 games last year I thought we had a someone who could not only replace JT but maybe even be better. I will say Marshall does seem to be more decisive when running the option that JT at times but he is nowhere near the passer.
More decisive....not sure I agree. He is more decisive in that he calls his own number a lot more. But when he's strung out on the pitch, he's very timid to me.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Just out of curiosity what is your definition of elitist? You've put that out there but define it as to the football program at Tech so we can understand what you claiming?
The calculus thing and just in general the education thing. We've got to stop that elitist education thing to actually be a great program. My hope is Tstan can convince some administrators to relax some and let us build a legitimate PROGRAM.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I still like CPJ as our head coach. I admit the fake punt seemed poorly timed given our recent struggles on defense. The fake punt didn’t work, so it was a bad call. If it had worked, who knows how the game might have gone from there.

As for all of the other “bad coaching”... we have our most clutch players fumbling the past 2 weeks, and TQM clearly has issues passing consistently. The WRs could have helped him out, but neither of the drops were great passes. And he had some other throws that were just bad. If Lucas Johnson were available, I think he would have gone in today. I guess his injury was poor coaching. The guy who should be the 3rd QB went in last week, and lead 3 consecutive TD drives. I wonder who’s been coaching him? I like TQM. He’s tough,plays hard, and is an illusive runner. However, we clearly have issues at QB.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
The calculus thing and just in general the education thing. We've got to stop that elitist education thing to actually be a great program. My hope is Tstan can convince some administrators to relax some and let us build a legitimate PROGRAM.

Do you understand that any change in degree programs has to be approved by the GA BOR? It is the BOR that set the degree requirements and not the school. Same with degree program additions. Unless and until the BOR has a less than pervasive uGA presence that a non starter. Simply it is NOT up to Tech.

BUZZ NATION

Georgia Tech Fan
I remember in 2014 almost every negative thing I’ve read today was said after we lost back to back games. I am not saying this is 2014 but the year is not over. We just need to get up now.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck

It's not elitist to require calculus - it's called having academic standards that apply to every student. Having said that, I really don't care if they change it for athletes.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Do you understand that any change in degree programs has to be approved by the GA BOR? It is the BOR that set the degree requirements and not the school. Same with degree program additions. Unless and until the BOR has a less than pervasive uGA presence that a non starter. Simply it is NOT up to Tech.
Ok but man just let me be for one second. I am hoping with all my heart that Tstan who i know wants what we all want to be done can get IT done. Maybe he's been the missing link in terms of changing minds in the BOR. Idk but god i hope for my FAVORITE teams sake i hope it's true.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You are missing that you don't keep paying a guy who can't get it done. Of course that's part of the reason some people were so against the extension last year.
If CPJ is the person I think he is if we only win 1 or 2 more games he will go on his own. I don't think he is having fun any more. I will leave so he don't get fired after next year. Now that being said I would be happy to see us win out

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
It's not elitist to require calculus - it's called having academic standards that apply to every student. Having said that, I really don't care if they change it for athletes.
Please please stop. Im seriously asking for the sake of our football program. Please stop that attitude.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
The stuff that gets me is why we are just now getting some basic things sorted out. The kickoff team having too many freshmen, not having basic route chemistry between the qb and receivers, and lack of ball security. What did we work on in camp?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Ok but man just let me be for one second. I am hoping with all my heart that Tstan who i know wants what we all want to be done can get IT done. Maybe he's been the missing link in terms of changing minds in the BOR. Idk but god i hope for my FAVORITE teams sake i hope it's true.

I understand and DON'T disagree. I do disagree is your statement the degree requirements are "elitist. I would love to see expanded degree programs but the chances of that happening is damn near zero. Why in the world do you think ga has an engineering program? To the outside world setting that program up was ludicrous. BUT the now have an engineering program do they not?

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Please please stop. Im seriously asking for the sake of our football program. Please stop that attitude.

Please explain to me how having to have calculus for an engineering school is elitist. GT and engineering isn't for everyone. You can't remove the calculus requirement for most of the majors because it's foundational knowledge for the work.

I just said I don't care if it's lifted for athletes. Equally as big of a problem as calculus is the lack of majors.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Would y'all please grasp that is is not up to the school to change de

I understand and DON'T disagree. I do disagree is your statement the degree requirements are "elitist. I would love to see expanded degree programs but the chances of that happening is damn near zero. Why in the world do you think ga has an engineering program? To the outside world setting that program up was ludicrous. BUT the now have an engineering program do they not?
BUT just hear me out. For the FOOTBALL program it is ELITIST. We are not on a level playing ground. You see what im saying? We are in it to win games (lets be honest) We've got to level the playing ground. It starts with the academics. Tstan my hopes are with you

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Please explain to me how having to have calculus for an engineering school is elitist. GT and engineering isn't for everyone. You can't remove the calculus requirement for most of the majors because it's foundational knowledge for the work.

I just said I don't care if it's lifted for athletes. Equally as big of a problem as calculus is the lack of majors.
Im talking about the FOOTBALL PROGRAM. We've got got to relax the rules for football players. Its the God's honest truth. Do you really disagree?