GT vs Pitt Postgame

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
That was an honest postgame. He owned the fake punt, as he should.

News to me is that Camp ran the right route(8 yrd curl) on the INT but TM just threw a bomb? Did I get that right?
That was an honest postgame. He owned the fake punt, as he should.

News to me is that Camp ran the right route(8 yrd curl) on the INT but TM just threw a bomb? Did I get that right?
He did. Still a subtle jab on 250+ backs vision.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We are one of the best schools in the world. For us to rise to the challenge and have a highest echelon team is to Tech's glory, and an achievement rarely accomplished. When was the last time Harvard or MIT won the national championship or went to the Orange Bowl.

The glory lies not in dumbing down but rising to the challenge.

Exactly. And we can do that by recruiting nationally to find athletically talented kids who are gifted academically and want a top notch degree. To do that, we have to dramatically increase our recruiting budget and get to work. It is the only answer.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
He did. Still a subtle jab on 250+ backs vision.
It's not really a jab on his vision, it's a jab at his lack of taking coaching. Right wrong or otherwise he was saying that he was coached to go outside and the play was designed to go outside and he chose to go in.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The worst feeling I had today was watching us lose, somewhat expecting it, and not getting all that upset about it. Apathy has set in for me. Im not going to quit watching or supporting the team, but until there is a change, im not going to be as emotionally invested anymore. It feels a lot like the last couple of Brian Gregory years. No momentum in the program at all, and we all knew what was inevitably going to happen.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Just get ready for the thread im going to start tommorow. Time for us to demand change from the elitists

MidtownJacket

Staff member
No joke just reading that to myself pisses me off. Sometimes i wonder how i got stuck with GT.

We have been down this road before. I truly am asking this as a person who just doesn’t understand. Why, after you understand the priorities of our program, do you continue to be upset and shocked by this situation?

As an aside, I am a life long Cubs fan, as in since 1985 I have pulled for the Cubs. We finally won one. It felt great because we all, as fans, knew how hard it was to do what the team did. It isn’t the same but feels similar to me with GT. We aren’t world beaters, by definition of the roster.

If you have no attachment to the larger purpose of the Institute and just want wins, irrespective of the effect on the school, why don’t you just move along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I remember in 2014 almost every negative thing I’ve read today was said after we lost back to back games. I am not saying this is 2014 but the year is not over. We just need to get up now.

Maybe I’ve wiped the bad stuff in 2014 from memory but I don’t remember seeing a problem with player fundamentals and coaching decisions like I’m seeing now.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Let's do and include the "student" side of the equation and the minimum requirements, degree options, yada, yada, yada

Right? Part of the question here is, what is success?

Graduation rates?
Placement in NFL?
Lifetime earning potential?
Student Athletes leaving with a job?