GT v Tarholes Post Game

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Way too late in the year to still be putting the ball on the ground so much, I just don't understand what's going on. I'll have to watch the replay to see what exactly was going on with the defense, but this game is kind of what I expected with Nate Woody: big risk, big reward with turnovers. I like the mentality and thought they played well.

The last 4 games have been Good GT, Bad GT, Good GT, Bad GT. So pick us to win next week if you're a gambling man!

Just a guess but I don't think Tobias is quite as smooth with the mesh as Marshall has been. Whatever it is, this is a problem that needs to be fixed right away. We got away with three turnovers today. That will not be the case here on out.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Tobias still doesn't seem like a good passer to me, JMO. He did play awesome though, and the D stepped up when we needed them most.
I’m not sure. Long pass was short but did get there. I loved the check down on the other pass. 10 yards instead of forcing it into coverage

Animal02

Banned
Possibly but there is one factor that no one mentions as it will open a proverbial can of worms for sure. What if, the team actually responds better to TO than to TaQuon? I am beginning to wonder about that. Also, it is entirely possible that given more reps Tobias will prove to be the better passer and possibly improve in both his ball handling and foot work on the option plays.
I think the "response" is a simplification of the blocking....lots of student body left and student body right. UNC was responding far better than VT....I think it will only get worse in the next three games

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So I’m a little confused (and I heard what CPJ said) but are we saying that a 470 yd rushing game (with three turnovers, two in the red one) was a bad game by the OL?
I think he was talking about how often they stuffed the middle at times. As CPJ says though, it’s never as bad or as good as it seems. If you get that much on the ground though the OL is doing something right.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So I’m a little confused (and I heard what CPJ said) but are we saying that a 470 yd rushing game (with three turnovers, two in the red one) was a bad game by the OL?

Exchange the father hat for the coach hat; you have to be aspirational. The right side of our line did struggle some.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Possibly but there is one factor that no one mentions as it will open a proverbial can of worms for sure. What if, the team actually responds better to TO than to TaQuon? I am beginning to wonder about that. Also, it is entirely possible that given more reps Tobias will prove to be the better passer and possibly improve in both his ball handling and foot work on the option plays.
I really believe Marshall wants whatever is best for the Team. The broadcast was really crappy today but I’m sure he was on the sideline being a leader. It’s what guys of his character do.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Heck, I was in the stands at UNC 4 years ago when we scored (Smelter reverse for a long run) with 2 minutes left and all the GT fans were saying “Crap, we scored too soon”, and sure enough UNC drove down and scored to win. Toy made me feel this defense is getting better by the game.
Me too.