GT v Tarholes Post Game

RiseUpATL

Banned
Taquan wasn't the QB who lost a fumble or dropped the snap on 4th and 1 at the end of the half. He also led a TD drive on our second possession after Howard caughed up the ball on our first drive.

I think there are some posters that are seeing what they want to see as far as how much better they think Tobias is than TQM. I have a feeling that if the roles were reversed in this scenario people would be talking about how TQM was putting the ball on the ground and how good TO looked on the second drive.

Taquon has also had numerous tries to win on the road and time and time again has failed to do so. Oliver yet again proved his ability to get tough yards and win the game.

The TQM era is done. Why argue it? There are only 3 games left of his career and he has proven himself to be a RB playing QB. He is not Justin Thomas. This is so different from the Vad divide it isn’t funny. Both Vad and Tevin has multiple years to play. So it was a legit going concern. TQM has 3 games left. I see no benefit of picking a side here. I like PJs approach. Give them both a shot and ride the hot hand. I hope PJ does it going forward honestly. Mixing it up throws off a defense and reduces the hits our talented QBs take. Quit being butt hurt over TQM. With 3 games left it isn’t worth it.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
What’s TQMs career road record? Im interested. (Hint:I already know the answer, but humor me...it isn’t a winning one)
That’s not really fair when it doesn’t fall on his shoulders on all of the L’s. For instance if he puts up 35 plus but others fail, is that really on him? TO put up a lot of points today but if we were to have lost would we have said he lost it? I don’t think so, it’s more about how many games did he play well enough in for a win imo.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Just a guess but I don't think Tobias is quite as smooth with the mesh as Marshall has been. Whatever it is, this is a problem that needs to be fixed right away. We got away with three turnovers today. That will not be the case here on out.
And all three fumbles were not a problem with the mesh - they were like so many other fumbles this year - downfield after we have picked up 3 or 6 or 20 yds. CPJ has to quit calling this fumble play!!

Milwaukee

Banned
Dude, I've been looking for a psychic! Is your specialty astrology, tarot cards, or something else? Let me know when you offer a free special, only b/c I'm not sure you're worth paying, but I'm trying to figure out what lottery numbers I need to play. You seem to "KNOW" the future, so you sound like my man!

Welcome aboard. Glad to have someone like you.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I thought he was "excepted" but his school admin didn't send in the paper work. I know that coach hurt was added to tightn up that area. Custis would have been the biggest bb we have had
The county school system custis came from was in the absolute pits while he was in high school. I'm 100% convinced that situation nailed his coffin shut in regards to him and GT.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Bet you can’t name more than one to do it. CPJ didn’t even recruit that one. The luster has shine off they fall back. The jig is up on that one.
The point is that you can star in the NFL coming from ANY program. You don’t need to be running wideass open in the SEC or Big 12 all day catching passes or catching dink & dunk 3 yarders in college to be an NFL WR. You also don’t need to be in a bear huggin’ Pro Style offense as an OL.

The NFL drafts on physical measurables. You’re either big enough, strong enough or fast enough to play or you’re not.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
On the end of the first half, I leaned kicking the field goal as the right decision, but had no problem going for it either. I think we went for it on 4th down inside their 30 yard line three times. Twice we got a first down and ultimately a TD and once we turned it over on downs. If we had kicked all three times, that is 9 points. If my math is right, 14>9.

I think anyone who criticizes the call at the end of the first half as “obviously wrong” cannot also support those other decisions that worked. They are a package deal. That is how being aggressive and going for it works.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have not seen every post in this thread, so I may be repeating someone.

We lost three fumbles yesterday that had nothing to do with exchanges. I am not sure what, other than preaching ball control to all of our skill people, we can do to change that in the short term. TO looked a lot better on pitches yesterday and that was where I thought we might have issues. It was not against UNC.

My bottom line is that UNC is a QB away from being a pretty good team. They have had a ton of injuries on D, so I was not surprised we had our way with them. TO made a couple of bad reads yesterday at the goal line and on another 4th down. Otherwise the offense looked really good.

Our D is still not covering very well (maybe they are really bad). The interceptions were all really bad throws. The last was tipped by the UNC receiver right into our hands. None were the result of great play on our part.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
On the end of the first half, I leaned kicking the field goal as the right decision, but had no problem going for it either. I think we went for it on 4th down inside their 30 yard line three times. Twice we got a first down and ultimately a TD and once we turned it over on downs. If we had kicked all three times, that is 9 points. If my math is right, 14>9.

I think anyone who criticizes the call at the end of the first half as “obviously wrong” cannot also support those other decisions that worked. They are a package deal. That is how being aggressive and going for it works.
Last night, Bama went for it on 4th and short inside the 20 even though a field goal would have added to their (then) small lead. Obviously Saban is an idiot who doesn’t know how to call a game and needs to be fired.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Our D is still not covering very well (maybe they are really bad). The interceptions were all really bad throws. The last was tipped by the UNC receiver right into our hands. None were the result of great play on our part.

What game were you watching? Did you not see Tre Swilling snatch an interception with one hand? That was a great play. And ASA’s was a great play dropping into coverage.

Also, coverage looks bad when you don’t get pressure. That was the issue yesterday. We’ve got to do a better job pressuring the QB.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I have not seen every post in this thread, so I may be repeating someone.

We lost three fumbles yesterday that had nothing to do with exchanges. I am not sure what, other than preaching ball control to all of our skill people, we can do to change that in the short term. TO looked a lot better on pitches yesterday and that was where I thought we might have issues. It was not against UNC.

My bottom line is that UNC is a QB away from being a pretty good team. They have had a ton of injuries on D, so I was not surprised we had our way with them. TO made a couple of bad reads yesterday at the goal line and on another 4th down. Otherwise the offense looked really good.

Whoever winds up coaching North Carolina in 2019 will probably wind up coaching a team that will win 3-4 games in 2019

North Carolina 2019 Schedule(Dates haven't been set)

South Carolina@ Charlotte
@Wake Forest
Appalachian State
Mercer
Clemson
Duke
Miami
@Virginia
@Georgia Tech
@NCSU
@Pitt
@Virginia Tech