GT over/under set at 6 wins for 2018

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
To me, it looks like Las Vegas doesn’t have a clue about GT on a season-by-season prediction. Sure the four year average is right but they’ve been off by an average of 2.5 games each season. Based on the 2018 prediction and their average error, we will win between 3 and 8 regular season games.

2014 O/U 6.5 (won 9 regular season)
2015 O/U 7.5 (won 3 regular season)
2016 O/U 6.5 (won 8 regular season)
2017 O/U 6.5 (won 5 regular season)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GT was 10-2 going into the ACCCG in 2014;)

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
This what I expect:
With an upgrade in defensive coaching, the defensive unit should be improved and the fan base will get energized with their performance.
Since CPJ did not make changes in the offensive line coaching staff, he must be satisfied with their performance. We need to see improvement there.
We will be a better rushing offense than last year.
Win 7+ games and get invited to the Sun Bowl or better.
I believe if GT has a season like last year, the pressure will be on Todd Stansbury. He is trying to raise money to make improvements and a losing flagship program will not help his cause. I admire the heck out of CPJ, but he must realize that too.

slugboy

Staff member
To me, it looks like Las Vegas doesn’t have a clue about GT on a season-by-season prediction. Sure the four year average is right but they’ve been off by nearly 3 games each season. Based on the 2018 prediction and their average error, we will win between 3 and 8 regular season games. You can probably say that about 85% of teams in 2018 and you’d be right.

2014 O/U 6.5 (won 10 regular season)
2015 O/U 7.5 (won 3 regular season)
2016 O/U 6.5 (won 8 regular season)
2017 O/U 6.5 (won 5 regular season)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bill Connelly (https://www.footballstudyhall.com/) has said that we're one of the hardest teams in College Football to predict, and he makes statistical predictions for all 130 teams. I think he's right.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
If Taquon plays like he did last season, then 6 wins is our ceiling with no wins over marquee teams. I still think that he trusts himself too much to distribute the ball to the playmakers. We won't get very far if he is our leading rusher for the 2nd season in a row.

I see him opening up with a blowout win vs. Alcorn State. We spin our wheels vs USF, and Lucas Johnson leads us to a win late in the game and is named starter vs PITT. CPJ tweaks the offense and has two QBs (Johnson and Marshall @ A-Back)on the field for every play, opposing defenses are too confused to stop us and we roll to ACCCG, the College playoffs and unlike the Dwags we bring home the bacon.

GTFLETCH

Banned
The schedule is hard and we have a new DC and scheme and our staring QB did not even complete 40% of his passes last year... Our Kicking game (except P) was a wreck....

This is about right.... 4-4 conf and 2-2 OOC..

However the X Factor is CPJ... he always rebound from losing seasons ( we would have been 6-6 and a bowl game had UCF came to ATL) so I say 7 or 8 wins and a bowl game!!!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We were a tipped pass vs Miami, a ****ty Ted D in the 2nd half vs Tennessee and another blown lead by the D in the last 3 min vs UVA from being 8-3! Let’s not forget that.
I think k 8/9 wins is highly likely if the TM has time to set his feet and throw and the kids on D trust CNW. 9 starters back on O and the most depth at A&B backs in a long time. We’re gonna be fine this year. I laid quite a bit on us covering 6 wins.

GTFLETCH

Banned
If Taquon plays like he did last season, then 6 wins is our ceiling with no wins over marquee teams. I still think that he trusts himself too much to distribute the ball to the playmakers. We won't get very far if he is our leading rusher for the 2nd season in a row.

I see him opening up with a blowout win vs. Alcorn State. We spin our wheels vs USF, and Lucas Johnson leads us to a win late in the game and is named starter vs PITT. CPJ tweaks the offense and has two QBs (Johnson and Marshall @ A-Back)on the field for every play, opposing defenses are too confused to stop us and we roll to ACCCG, the College playoffs and unlike the Dwags we bring home the bacon.
The Future is Tobias Oliver not Lucas Johnson.. Lucas is going on his third season and he is not the starter, in fact TQM came over from ABACK and beat M. JORDAN and Lucas Johnson Out!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The Future is Tobias Oliver not Lucas Johnson.. Lucas is going on his third season and he is not the starter, in fact TQM came over from ABACK and beat M. JORDAN and Lucas Johnson Out!
Well, to be fair Jordan was the starter and got beat out after an injury. That’s not to say TM still wouldn’t have beat him out though. Also TM had a leg up on LJ, they both started at QB in the same year, but TM had a leg up from play ins A back and having real game time experience knowing the system before LJ even stepped on campus. imo the future is Graham for what it’s worth.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

With how TM played last year we could have easily won 8 games, but you say our ceiling is 6? UT, Miami, and UVA were not on TM and you can argue should have been wins. TM will be fine if his passing and reads get just a little better, which you would expect going into his 2nd year as a full time starter.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Well, to be fair Jordan was the starter and got beat out after an injury. That’s not to say TM still wouldn’t have beat him out though. Also TM had a leg up on LJ, they both started at QB in the same year, but TM had a leg up from play ins A back and having real game time experience knowing the system before LJ even stepped on campus. imo the future is Graham for what it’s worth.
Graham is coming back from injury and may end up at ABACK... listen to how CPJ speaks of Tobias.... TO will have the chance to earn the spot... maybe Graham beats him out.... but I predict our QBs... go TM, TO then the kid that just signed from Locust Grove..DK

GTFLETCH

Banned
With how TM played last year we could have easily won 8 games, but you say our ceiling is 6? UT, Miami, and UVA were not on TM and you can argue should have been wins. TM will be fine if his passing and reads get just a little better, which you would expect going into his 2nd year as a full time starter.

TM is a great runner, but he is the worse passer by far at QB in CPJ era...maybe he improves this year, but the bottom line is he has only won 5 games as a starting QB and proved to everyone that our best A back had to play QB because Lucas Johnson and Matt Jordan were not ready

GTFLETCH

Banned
Well who was the QB during the 2pt conversion??? Matt Jordan... while TM played his heart out in the UT game, the QB, O Lineman, BBack all goofed on that play...it was a train wreck from the snap on...

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Graham is coming back from injury and may end up at ABACK... listen to how CPJ speaks of Tobias.... TO will have the chance to earn the spot... maybe Graham beats him out.... but I predict our QBs... go TM, TO then the kid that just signed from Locust Grove..DK
The kid from locust grove won’t be on the team when TM is on the team. Also Graham was injured but still played his senior year. I actually think he was injured between his junior and senior year. Graham is a QB all the way though, they (GT) even talked about him being a QB on signing day.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Well who was the QB during the 2pt conversion??? Matt Jordan... while TM played his heart out in the UT game, the QB, O Lineman, BBack all goofed on that play...it was a train wreck from the snap on...
2 pt conversation at the end of the game? That was definitely TM and not MJ (not sure if that’s what you meant) and it should have never been in overtime, game should have been over after regular regulation and GT with the win imo. Also the only goof up on that play was TM for not picturing, the OL made blocks and the BBack went out for a pitch, not much he could have goofed up on.

GTFLETCH

Banned
but I predict our QBs... go TM, TO then the kid that just signed from Locust Grove..DK

The kid from locust grove won’t be on the team when TM is on the team. Also Graham was injured but still played his senior year. I actually think he was injured between his junior and senior year. Graham is a QB all the way though, they (GT) even talked about him being a QB on signing day.

GT Starting QBs through the years (CPJ Era)
J. Nesbitt
T. Washington
V. Lee
J. Thomas
T. Marshall
T. Oliver (What I am saying is I think TO starts after TM)
D. Knight (What I am saying is that DK starts after TO)

I was not talking depth chart.. I was predicting future Starting Qbs

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
GT Starting QBs through the years (CPJ Era)
J. Nesbitt
T. Washington
V. Lee
J. Thomas
T. Marshall
T. Oliver (What I am saying is I think TO starts after TM)
D. Knight (What I am saying is that DK starts after TO)

I was not talking depth chart.. I was predicting future Starting Qbs
Ok, I see what you are saying. I think it will be TM, then either TO or LJ for a year before JG takes over. After that DK but that could change if another QB commits.