GT needed a change

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Based on his offense from Temple there is an RPO in his spread and his QBs do run. He may talk pro style, but what he will run is the basic vanilla shotgun RPO or zone read offense. (I predict anyway.) Something like UNC ran against Clemson yesterday, but Mack has a doozy of a QB to run it. And the guy is built like a FB on top of it. (Which is why getting him running lateral, as they did on the 2-point conversion fail, is a good idea. )
Well. Your protest might carry more gravitas if you had not ignored 2008, 2016, 2011, and four Coastal Division titles. But okay. The onus is on the new guy now so let's give him breathing room and see how it goes. But diminishing previous accomplishments to make any comparison easier for him ain't getting it at all.

Also, we only had 3 coastal titles, and one of those was because other teams had off the field issues. So really only 2 outright titles. 09 and 14. The two seasons I listed. Try getting your facts straight.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, my optimism is waning. Coming off a loss to an FCS team should have lit a fire under everyone. Add to that a bye week should have given us a solid game plan. We scored zero offensive points. I’m rooting for Collins not only as a GT coach but as a person. He has worked his tail off, moved from job to job, all to get to this point in his career. I really hope he has the ability to take charge of his career and make the tough decisions vis a vis a coaching staff. It’s obvious he is a below average game day coach so he has to rely on his strengths which are personality and recruiting. He needs to find a bright young offensive minded coach and let that guy run the offense while he sits in the CEO role.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Also, we only had 3 coastal titles, and one of those was because other teams had off the field issues. So really only 2 outright titles. 09 and 14. The two seasons I listed. Try getting your facts straight.
Why don't you also look at how we finished in the coastal over the last 11 years. We were near or at the top most years. In other words, we were competitive/winning it allot. I wonder how competitive we will be from here out.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Why don't you also look at how we finished in the coastal over the last 11 years. We near or at the top must years. In other words, we were competitive/winning it allot. I wonder how competitive we will be from here out.

I guess we will see by 2021 or 2022...

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Nothing so far indicates the new guy can approach that level of success.

This seems a little premature but I feel the same way, unfortunately. I think I could get behind these guys a little more if they would lay off on the dollar bills, dancing, and other hoopla. Let’s focus on getting better and then we can celebrate a little. I know CGC is trying to sell the idea of “fun and exciting” to recruits but nobody expects cartwheels when you have back-to-back losses to non-P5 opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This seems a little premature but I feel the same way, unfortunately. I think I could get behind these guys a little more if they would lay off on the dollar bills, dancing, and other hoopla. Let’s focus on getting better and then we can celebrate a little. I know CGC is trying to sell the idea of “fun and exciting” to recruits but nobody expects cartwheels when you have back-to-back losses to non-P5 opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not saying they can’t turn things around. Still think they could. But that’s a possibility only and not based on in field results currently that would indicate its much more probable to never happen.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
It’s been the worst start of any staff ever. If that’s not a warning sign what is?
The warning signs have been there since before cpj retired. Last year people were bitching the same as today. Maybe we need to take a step back and realize that maybe we just didn't have as good of athletes as we thought. A lot of which was masked because of the triple. That's where the experience of cpj over Collins showed.
What I am excited to see is if collins can recruit better than cpj

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The warning signs have been there since before cpj retired. Last year people were bitching the same as today. Maybe we need to take a step back and realize that maybe we just didn't have as good of athletes as we thought. A lot of which was masked because of the triple. That's where the experience of cpj over Collins showed.
What I am excited to see is if collins can recruit better than cpj

That is the only real hope remaining imo. And it is a false hope unless Tech drastically improves resources for CGC. I’ve been saying that since he was hired. It’s even more true now that we are losing ugly.

We can’t afford shoestring budgets anymore.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s been the worst start of any staff ever. If that’s not a warning sign what is?

Yeah but it's also the first time we've tried transitioning from the triple option. You have to take that in consideration. Which is why like I said in the last post, most fans are willing to be patient.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
2016 was not a good year. We weren’t ranked for a single week. If that is your standard for success then I’m afraid we just disagree on what being successful is. In college football it’s all about the rankings.
Then we disagree. You seem all about external approval. What I want to know is how they performed to capability. I should care what a football coach in Tuscaloosa or a writer in Timbuktu thinks?

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Also remember the triple wasn't an.offense that hindered on one person , we are running an offense now that relies on having a good qb which we obviously don't at this point

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Horse sheet....QB not on the same page as the receiver? Coaching
Fumbles are a direct result of the players not taking care of the ball--details---Coaching
Remember the coaches lauding Lil Joe on not having any fumbles on his Ga State team?
Missing assignments ---this board crucified Sewak - rightfully so- for missed assignments --- Coaching
Forgot to add special teams mistakes. --- Coaching . Special teams are highly situational and coaching shows here more than anything
Stupid thug penalties . Coaching . CAPITAL C on that one

This is beyond laughable

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yeah but it's also the first time we've tried transitioning from the triple option. You have to take that in consideration. Which is why like I said in the last post, most fans are willing to be patient.

Only CGC can make this first time appear so “monumental.”