GT needed a change

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Patient for what at this point?

Do I really need to explain this? Give the coaches a chance to recruit an actual offensive line for starters. But overall just give them a chance to get their players in that fit their system. Common sense for most people.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Do I really need to explain this? Give the coaches a chance to recruit an actual offensive line for starters. But overall just give them a chance to get their players in that fit their system. Common sense for most people.

As bad as they have shown I’m not sure they can win with top 20 classes. And top 20 classes look like a bigger impossibility with our current play on top of everything else than it was for CPJ.

Lot of wishful thinking only.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
As bad as they have shown I’m not sure they can win with top 20 classes. And top 20 classes look like a bigger impossibility with our current play on top of everything else than it was for CPJ.

Lot of wishful thinking only.

No matter who the coach is, I've always supported GT. So yeah, maybe it is wishful thinking right now. But it's not like he's going to leave anytime soon so might as well try to be excited and optimistic.

Seems some people are more concerned about being "right" then just try to enjoy watching college football and supporting your team. Pretty weird..

gt69hjcollins

Georgia Tech Fan
It is obvious that we are going through a tough transition. Experts picked us to finish last in the ACC. Many people on this board, me included, chose not to believe that. They have been wrong in the past, but unfortunately it appears they may be right this time. There is one thing we should all agree on. Our players work hard, play hard, and have a great attitude. I admire them. They did not choose the easy way. Constant bashing and criticizing is not productive. We need to show the same discipline our players and coaches exhibit. CGC has already improved recruiting. In my opinion, he has good values and is absolutely determined to take our program to the highest level possible. We can help this program and more importantly its players by being patient and supportive. CGC loves and supports his players and we should also.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No matter who the coach is, I've always supported GT. So yeah, maybe it is wishful thinking right now. But it's not like he's going to leave anytime soon so might as well try to be excited and optimistic.

Seems some people are more concerned about being "right" then just try to enjoy watching college football and supporting your team. Pretty weird..

I’ve been watching for 40 years. Right now it’s damn hard to enjoy what I am seeing.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ve been watching for 40 years. Right now it’s damn hard to enjoy what I am seeing.

Well if it turns out the way you are predicting I hope you enjoy coming on here to complain everyday for the next 3-4 years. Me? I'd find something better to do with my time if it made me so miserable.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Then we disagree. You seem all about external approval. What I want to know is how they performed to capability. I should care what a football coach in Tuscaloosa or a writer in Timbuktu thinks?

Well, that is the metric by which a program gains publicity and that publicity is what ultimately attract recruits which is the life blood of a program. If a program is never ranked then ultimately it’s not respected. If it’s not respected it has a hard time recruiting. This isn’t professional sports where there are rules set up for competitive balance. In collegiate athletics exposure, style and perception is what makes a program competitive ultimately.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well, that is the metric by which a program gains publicity and that publicity is what ultimately attract recruits which is the life blood of a program. If a program is never ranked then ultimately it’s not respected. If it’s not respected it has a hard time recruiting. This isn’t professional sports where there are rules set up for competitive balance. In collegiate athletics exposure, style and perception is what makes a program competitive ultimately.

Where are we ranked today?

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s not the loud customer you worry about. It’s the silent customer who quietly takes his business elsewhere.

And that's why we moved away from the TO once CPJ retired. The silent customers stopped showing up to games. If CGC loses for the next few years the same thing will happen to him.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I was a CPJ fan his entire tenure. Did you read my last post? You just make up crap. I was at every home game last year and have been to every acc championship and the 2016 UGA game cheering for CPJ every time. Get outta here with that.

Really?? Your posts here left a different impression :LOL:

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Really?? Your posts here left a different impression :LOL:

Go back to the very beginning of my posts when I joined the site and let me know where you find posts of me talking crap about CPJ. Good luck. "11 years" lmao.. just because I support the new coach doesn't mean I was against CPJ. Not everything is black and white, us vs them.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Go back to the very beginning of my posts when I joined the site and let me know where you find posts of me talking crap about CPJ. Good luck. "11 years" lmao.. just because I support the new coach doesn't mean I was against CPJ. Not everything is black and white, us vs them.

Well my memory of your posts only goes back about a year or so. None were very flattering of the last staff and you made zero points worthy of going back to look them up. I’d as soon run over my foot with my pickup. ;)