GT Hoops General Topics

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
With Jemison committing to Clemson, we have just about run out of early period options (unless there is someone we're unaware of). I think you are right that the staff wants to focus on 2019, so is it now more likely we will fold on the 4th recruit for 2018 or try to get a late bloomer in the Spring?

I think the 'coach just got fired, lemme outta my LOI' market will be hot this year.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I had the same thought. Always nice to have a scholly to use in the spring on kids who shake free or a good grad transfer.
i think college recruiting has changed some in that sense - that you really want to have a scholly available in the spring. That's a whole different recruiting time.

But in the meantime the staff can focus on 2019 and 202o and try to deepen those relationships relatively early.

Gtfrom718

Georgia Tech Fan
It's hard to tell from watching highlights/clips so can you tell what kind of jumper KMo has?

Also, there's more conversation in his dedicated thread.
Their is deffinitley improvement needed to be done to be a more consistent shooter. However in NYC where every kid who could dribble the ball over 6’5 goes to prep school, he didn’t really have to. Honestly got to the rack whenever he wanted to due to few people in the CHSAA with the same size to be able to guard him. This is a kid who’s working to be great tbh. Saw him at a local gym LA fitness just last month at about 5 in the morning. Found out that’s actually an everyday thing for him to then go to Molloy and have 7AM workouts. So hopefully we can see improvements to it this year.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Article by Steve Hummer on ACC Media Days

http://www.myajc.com/blog/further-r...day-more-fbi-than-rpi/VbjIe5dGXRWGn553R9BGQJ/

Rick Pitino was finally brought down under Louisville’s tough twelve-strikes-and-you’re-out standard. And a great unease settled in over the whole of college basketball, as coaches from coast to coast wondered who might be the next to fall now that pimping out hypertrophic teenagers was considered a news-conference-worthy charge.

The NCAA did what it is best at, and formed a commission to study the problem.