GT Hoops General Topics

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know if it was only a football thing, but didn't the UGA leaning Georgia congress pass a law that made it a crime to do something like that to student athletes that runs afoul with NCAA rules?

If so, and it covers basketball too, that could work in our favor maybe. Never thought that rule would help us, just thought it was Georgia politicians protecting georgia players.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if it was only a football thing, but didn't the UGA leaning Georgia congress pass a law that made it a crime to do something like that to student athletes that runs afoul with NCAA rules?

If so, and it covers basketball too, that could work in our favor maybe. Never thought that rule would help us, just thought it was Georgia politicians protecting georgia players.

Georgia 20-2-317 "(b.1) No person shall enter into or solicit directly or through an agent a transaction with a student-athlete if such person has knowledge that the transaction would likely be cause for the student-athlete to permanently or temporarily lose athletic scholarship eligibility, the ability to participate on an intercollegiate athletic team, or the ability to participate in one or more intercollegiate sporting competitions as sanctioned by a national association for the promotion and regulation of intercollegiate athletics, by an athletic conference or other sanctioning body, or by the institution of postsecondary education itself as a reasonable self-imposed disciplinary action taken by such institution to mitigate sanctions likely to be imposed by such organizations as a result of such transaction or as a violation of such institution's own rules."

Punishable by up to 1 year in prison. I don't agree with it personally, but if the rumors are true, then this would be almost a perfect example of what the law writers intended.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
It appears to be the male basketball version of the movie Single White Female. Sometimes it’s best to keep super fans away.
Can someone publish this guys name? I know its a message board and we tend to keep things private, but this guy's name deserves to be publicized.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
He's not a staff member though. Never was. That's where I think Pastner messed up. You can't have a random guy around the program constantly that's not on staff just because you helped him years back. If he wanted to be a super fan that's on him but it went way too far on access and etc. it seems.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He's not a staff member though. Never was. That's where I think Pastner messed up. You can't have a random guy around the program constantly that's not on staff just because you helped him years back. If he wanted to be a super fan that's on him but it went way too far on access and etc. it seems.

Methinks this is 'lesson learned' for mister CPast. Hopefully, it's not a costly one for GT.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
What am I missing? Seems like the guy used to be a Pastner super fan, but now he is intentionally trying to hurt the program Pastner coaches? What led to the change (was there some fallout)? Is he still currently close to the program?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
What am I missing? Seems like the guy used to be a Pastner super fan, but now he is intentionally trying to hurt the program Pastner coaches? What led to the change (was there some fallout)? Is he still currently close to the program?

Someone snagged a T-shirt

He flipped out attacked JPs assistant (on twitter)

I assume Pastner told him STFU and grow up

He’s being a 4 yr old

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Someone snagged a T-shirt

He flipped out attacked JPs assistant (on twitter)

I assume Pastner told him STFU and grow up

He’s being a 4 yr old

I don’t know what that means. Like someone caught a t-shirt in the crowd that he thought was thrown to him?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It’s a little more than that but I’m not at liberty to give all of the details. It all stems from an intentional act of revenge due to a perceived disrespect by Pastner’s administrative assistant.
I would be surprised if this was the first bit of childish behavior this person demonstrated around Pastner, but it was probably just overly enthusiastic fawning. It still puzzles me why CJP let this person have such unsupervised access to the program.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know what that means. Like someone caught a t-shirt in the crowd that he thought was thrown to him?

I just know what I saw on twitter.
He
He went after CJPs assistant, then all of a sudden a few days later he is putting Pastner on blast on twitter. I am just connecting dots.