GT Football

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
I think people need to take a chill pill and enjoy the win. No one got out coach both CPJ and Cuttcliff are outstanding coaches. Neither one of them can control turnovers that's on the players. should we have won by more than 3 yes but I'll look at the positive and that is JT has been playing his best the last 3 games offense is rolling right now and hope we keep it up we will need it next week

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Roy Orbison?

He was alright. For a while. He could smile. For a while.

... Then he saw us play D, giving up 3rd and 3, as we dropped ... to set ends free. He said, "Aww hell. That is it; oh well" And now he's cryyyying .. over Roof ...

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
So I'm glad everyone is getting this: "We played a horrible game Rant out of their system." I wasn't pleased with the overall performance either, but was happy to see GT "Bring Their Own Guts" and get the much needed WIN!

A major factor in the second half turnaround were the special team decisions that just drove me batty!! Those decisions turned this into a game as opposed to the Rout it was quickly becoming.

For the rest of the season anyone catching a ball in the END ZONE needs to take a knee and give the offense a chance to start its possession on the 25. Taking a high kick off out of the end zone is just asking for trouble. From my vantage point THAT was the reason for letting Puke back into this game! Period!

That Coaching point better be made right now!!!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I JUST heard a u(sic)ga fan at a watering hole i frequent say he wouldn't be shocked if they lose to us. I wouldn't be either. Some of y'all need to quit being such shook little turds and get a little venom in your veins. This offense can score. There's no more Clemminses on this schedule...
Yep, Ive already had a UGA fan say he thinks GT will win this year.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Really don't get the negativity. Tech is a tough school to recruit at but Tech's 3* players regularly go to bowl games and are competitive against virtually everyone yet the stadium is rarely filled (at least by Tech fans). Why do many of you expect to beat most everyone? Tech typically has lower rated players and less support (fans and $$$) than the teams they are competing against. Firing coaches may seem like the answer but how exactly will that insure more wins when nothing else changes?

I will say that I moved to SC 30 years ago (never won a bowl game until 1994!) and am impressed with their fans. They have seen them support their team even in horrible years. They had the same 2015 record as Tech and they were 3-4 this year with their biggest win a squeaker against Vandy. If you watched their game against TN they had a packed stadium of screaming fans. Everyone wants a better record and more impressive wins but candidly I have been impressed with how well Tech has done with the metrics they have.

Animal02

Banned
So I'm glad everyone is getting this: "We played a horrible game Rant out of their system." I wasn't pleased with the overall performance either, but was happy to see GT "Bring Their Own Guts" and get the much needed WIN!

A major factor in the second half turnaround were the special team decisions that just drove me batty!! Those decisions turned this into a game as opposed to the Rout it was quickly becoming.

For the rest of the season anyone catching a ball in the END ZONE needs to take a knee and give the offense a chance to start its possession on the 25. Taking a high kick off out of the end zone is just asking for trouble. From my vantage point THAT was the reason for letting Puke back into this game! Period!

That Coaching point better be made right now!!!
I have been saying that since they moved the start point to the 25....

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
I just wanna say I'm glad we are sittin at 5-3, glad we pulled off the win against Duke but we shouldn't of had to "pull off" a win. Not win we were up but 3 touchdowns. 5-3 is ok but 2-3 in the conference is terrible. Wins against Boston college, mercer, Vandy, Ga Southern, and Duke is nothin to celebrate. Beating Clemson and or Miami would look a lot better. Virginia should be a win, hopefully. But to be a good season we need to at least win 2 out of 3 against UNC,VT, and UGA. I'm a huge fan and always have been but I also have to be realistic and in my opinion and everyone's is different but I think it's time for CPJ and Roof to both be gone. New AD and ready for a new coaching staff and start fresh. Maybe we end up hiring someone that has the same turn out As Johnson but we'll never know unless we try. It's time to try somethin new and be positive and hope we bring in someone that gets us back to be a top ACC team and a top 25 nationally ranked team and get some respect. I do like CPJ and would love to see him go back to Ga Southern and be successful, I just believe his days at tech are over

I just wanna say I'm glad we are sittin at 5-3, glad we pulled off the win against Duke but we shouldn't of had to "pull off" a win. Not win we were up but 3 touchdowns. 5-3 is ok but 2-3 in the conference is terrible. Wins against Boston college, mercer, Vandy, Ga Southern, and Duke is nothin to celebrate. Beating Clemson and or Miami would look a lot better. Virginia should be a win, hopefully. But to be a good season we need to at least win 2 out of 3 against UNC,VT, and UGA. I'm a huge fan and always have been but I also have to be realistic and in my opinion and everyone's is different but I think it's time for CPJ and Roof to both be gone. New AD and ready for a new coaching staff and start fresh. Maybe we end up hiring someone that has the same turn out As Johnson but we'll never know unless we try. It's time to try somethin new and be positive and hope we bring in someone that gets us back to be a top ACC team and a top 25 nationally ranked team and get some respect. I do like CPJ and would love to see him go back to Ga Southern and be successful, I just believe his days at tech are over
All I can say to that is look at Georgia and what happens when you get rid of a good coach and bring in somebody new. I guarantee you the same thing would happen if we were to get rid of Johnson and bring somebody new in to start all over. I am totally content with Johnson (maybe not so much Roof), and IMO it would be downright stupid to get rid of him.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have a neighbor up here north of Chicago who told me at the beginning of the year he had low expectations. Rookie coach and rookie QB, not a good combination. He expected to take lumps this year.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
"Never know until we try" is a thin reed to bet the future on.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
It's a good thing we popped it 14-0 and got the fast start. That's one way to compensate for a porous defense.
I will admit I got a little complacent in the first half when we jumped out to the lead. My buddy said "we are going to need all of those points before the game is over" and I was snapped back to reality.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Being a huge Tech Football fan i have come to realization that we just arent a very good football team. To blow a halftime lead like that makes my blood boil. We look awful in the second half
JT probably saved CPJ job, lose 3 in a row to Duke is grounds for dismissal.