GT Football

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, but he's not crazy either.
Vt is probably a loss. UNC is somewhere between a loss and a coin flip. UGA and UVa are both coin flips.
It would only be slightly surprising to me if you guys lost out. My guess is you win too, maybe 1.
We are way better than Virginia, unc could be a team with the ball last type game, as could the UGA game. Imo I just think we have as good of a chance as those three teams as they do against us.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Enjoy the win . It will be the last one this season.
get

Enjoy the win and have a great GT victory weekend.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
UVA just played Louisville as close as you can. No game is a given.
I never said it was a given.... I said we are a way better team. Louisville is a way better team than UVA as well, they just didn't play like it today or UVA played really well. I understand no game is a given, but that doesn't mean a team isn't better than another.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It's too bad that because we got outplayed and outcoached we lost to Duke again today. Otherwise we might be 5-3 and near bowl eligibility again, and not had the chance to show the offense can in fact sling it around some. Makes me feel bad that us being so bad makes so many on the board feel so good. Wonder how Duke feels with the win?

We are way better than Virginia, unc could be a team with the ball last type game, as could the UGA game. Imo I just think we have as good of a chance as those three teams as they do against us.

I think we're as-good or better than the mutts and should beat both them and the Cadavers. UNC and VPI? A different story. We'll need to play above our talent to win either of those. Any Given Saturday.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think we're as-good or better than the mutts and should beat both them and the Cadavers. UNC and VPI? A different story. We'll need to play above our talent to win either of those. Any Given Saturday.
I disagree with UNC i don't know if we will be able to stop them but I don't know if they will be able to stop us either, that why i say last team with the ball type of game. VT is another story though, they have a very good D, but their offense is a little more up and down.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It's too bad that because we got outplayed and outcoached we lost to Duke again today. Otherwise we might be 5-3 and near bowl eligibility again, and not had the chance to show the offense can in fact sling it around some. Makes me feel bad that us being so bad makes so many on the board feel so good. Wonder how Duke feels with the win?
Both Duke fans are pissed :)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I disagree with UNC i don't know if we will be able to stop them but I don't know if they will be able to stop us either, that why i say last team with the ball type of game. VT is another story though, they have a very good D, but their offense is a little more up and down.
Four words: November 2014.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Some of you people are amazing. Throwing a temper tantrum before the game is over is ridiculous. Instead of Watching GT football, maybe you should go watch cheerleading where everyone is always happy, smiling, and cheering about rainbows and unicorns! It would probably make you happier people and I wouldn't have to constantly read the crap!!

I think that is one of the points - more and more and more people are finding reasons NOT to watch, or buy tickets to, GT football.

Does not sound like a good thing to me. But I don't know.

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that is one of the points - more and more and more people are finding reasons NOT to watch, or buy tickets to, GT football.

Does not sound like a good thing to me. But I don't know.

You completely missed my point. My point was, don't throw a temper tantrum on a message board about how GT is a horrible football team BEFORE the game is over. Watch the game, deal with the "good and bad," & see how it finishes before bitching and complaining!!

And in most sports, things will not always go your way. So if that is your expectation, I suggested a "happier" sport, or maybe find another hobby.

Last edited:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
You completely missed my point. My point was, don't throw a temper tantrum on a message board about how GT is a horrible football team BEFORE the game is over. Watch the game, deal with the "good and bad," & see how it finishes before bitching and complaining!!

And in most sports, things will not always go your way. So if that is your expectation, I suggested a "happier" sport, or maybe find another hobby.

"Always". Check our record vs big 5.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll take that win today because it's a win and it puts us within just one game of being bowl eligible. JT play great today as well as several other players both offense and defense. But on the other hand there's no excuse in blowing a lead like that not to anyone, especially not duke, and especially not on homecoming. We have great talent on both sides of the ball and they show it but it's just simple, it's time for CPJ and Roof to be let go and bring in a new start. We get these leads and we blow them. CPJ's play calling is terrible, Roof just isn't a good D.C. The problems start at the top. We have enough talent to where if we had better coaches we could be even better than our record shows. I will take the win anyday but we went from lookin great to terrible very fast and was an ugly win, when it shouldn't have been

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
We do have a chance to beat every one else on our schedule if we play like like we did today in the first half. If we play like we did in the second half we won't win another game. Next time we blow a lead like that it won't end in our favor.