GT Fans Keep Calm and get Woody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It was because they lacked ball skills. Nobody Megatron'd us.

Eta: It was mis-timed jumps or they didn't jump at all, basically.

Thus “coaching”. Right....being 5’8” or 5’09” going up against 6’3”/6’5” WRs had nothing to do with it. Just “coaching.”

No need to beat this dead horse further. We won’t agree.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Thus “coaching”. Right....being 5’8” or 5’09” going up against 6’3”/6’5” WRs had nothing to do with it. Just “coaching.”

No need to beat this dead horse further. We won’t agree.

Ah no, bro. You're not getting the last word on this one. :LOL:

I challenge you to look at some of the top corners in the NFL. Not many are over 6'. Height doesn't matter much.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ah no, bro. You're not getting the last word on this one. :LOL:

I challenge you to look at some of the top corners in the NFL. Not many are over 6'. Height doesn't matter much.

Name a single pro bowl corner who is 5’9”. Name 5 starters in the NFL that are 5’9”. I don’t watch the NFL anymore, so maybe those guys exist and you can name them. Call me a skeptic.

There is a reason scouts said the Austin’s would have played at a “major” program rather than at Tech if 6’ or taller.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Name a single pro bowl corner who is 5’9”. Name 5 starters in the NFL that are 5’9”. I don’t watch the NFL anymore, so maybe those guys exist and you can name them. Call me a skeptic.

There is a reason scouts said the Austin’s would have played at a “major” program rather than at Tech if 6’ or taller.

I don't watch NFL either but I know being over 6' isn't necessarily a prerequisite to being a good corner even at the cfb level.

Sounds more like you're railing against the Austins, not necessarily against our cb's in general (who're all pretty much at 6' or taller)? We don't disagree much there, honestly.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't watch NFL either but I know being over 6' isn't necessarily a prerequisite to being a good corner even at the cfb level.

Sounds more like you're railing against the Austins, not necessarily against our cb's in general (who're all pretty much at 6' or taller)? We don't disagree much there, honestly.

No. I love the Austin’s. Absolute ballers! But at a big disadvantage when going up to contest balls against big tall WRs. I knew this would be a disadvantage for them the day they signed. And it has been. Didn’t prevent them from being our best DBs. They were. But winning jump balls and defending passes to tall *** WRs was not their forte.

LibertyTurns

Banned
There still hasn't been an official statement about Woody and I don't think any press release was sent out about Pelton. Whats going on here? Why have we gone radio silent about everything?
Staff just got back to campus 3 or 4 days ago. Give them a chance to get up to speed after being off for the holidays.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
A little weird news per footballscoop, LSU DC is leaving allegedly amidst some creative differences between he and Orgeron.

Only got half his buyout. Seems like an ugly split.

Doubt it has any impact on our situation. Just interesting news.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
How do we take a change that could be positive pr and make it a drag?

NCST hires roof - bam.
Ga tech maybe gets woody.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Is still impressive that Clemson continues to escape the poaching of their coaching stafff. At the end of every year I think to myself that his coordinators are going to leave for more money or a HC position but that has yet to happen. I guess Clemson keeps paying them more, especially considering the BIG MONEY Texas A&M just paid to get Norte Dame's DC. I guess when the Clemson coaches feel that a HC title at their "perceived right school" comes calling then they will forgo the raises from Clemson for opportunities to have a HC title.
Maybe they enjoy doing what they are good at and making great money doing it. Maybe they realize the Peter principle could apply to them, eg. Friedgen.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Lurkerjack

Georgia Tech Fan
A little weird news per footballscoop, LSU DC is leaving allegedly amidst some creative differences between he and Orgeron.

Only got half his buyout. Seems like an ugly split.

Doubt it has any impact on our situation. Just interesting news.

Matt Canada is the oc not dc. Should have zero impact.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
As far as Speed goes, I agree with those who say that the technique he taught and the results are primarily attributable to CTR than him. The OC/DC will dictate to the position coaches what the schemes and calls are and what techniques are required for those schemes. There is some impact by the position coach, but it's not enough to say definitively that the position coach is a good one or bad one based on the result. I think the only ones who can say with any accuracy the value of a position coach are those within the program who see the guy's work and character over time. Under CCG and CJT, there were some position coaches who punched above their weight class and others who didn't seem to make much of an impact, from my perspective. And, I don't know how anyone outside of the program would have been able to tell the difference most of the time.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
How do we take a change that could be positive pr and make it a drag?

NCST hires roof - bam.
Ga tech maybe gets woody.
I really wonder if it has to do with Uga's little upcoming game. Let that circus die down and then get some significant positivity and buzz back in our direction. Right now, it would be lost in the chaos and perhaps even made light of.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
As far as Speed goes, I agree with those who say that the technique he taught and the results are primarily attributable to CTR than him. The OC/DC will dictate to the position coaches what the schemes and calls are and what techniques are required for those schemes. There is some impact by the position coach, but it's not enough to say definitively that the position coach is a good one or bad one based on the result. I think the only ones who can say with any accuracy the value of a position coach are those within the program who see the guy's work and character over time. Under CCG and CJT, there were some position coaches who punched above their weight class and others who didn't seem to make much of an impact, from my perspective. And, I don't know how anyone outside of the program would have been able to tell the difference most of the time.
Don’t you know us message board warriors know everything. We’re, like, really smart people!

Status
Not open for further replies.