GT and Under Armour

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The bright colors that the other teams' fans wear is going to stand out no matter what Tech fans wear, and nothing is going to mute the other colors out.
It wouldn't matter one bit if they were all confined to the corner of the endzone where there school allotment is located. If we sellout and show up, it doesn't matter what we wear or if the tiny, cramp south corner stood out with opposing colors.

That said, I wear gold but I'm not gonna criticize the guy next to me wearing a light blue oxford and khakis.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I would like to see us add the state of Georgia outline as an added logo somewhere on our uniforms. Sorta like the logo used by the Masters but not take away from Buzz or the GT logo. Would like to get under the skin of a few UGA fans who don't think of us as being part of the state of Georgia. I do think some of the high school recruits are overly impressed by the brands. Unless Russell gets into the latest design trends or GT decides to stick with one traditional uniform look, we should go with a more popular brand for recruiting purposes. We do have a lot of tradition at GT. We are not a johnny-come-lately FB school and need to leverage that as well as our academics.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
I still come back to the question of why Tech fans can't be like fans of every other major school and wear the PRIMARY color to games? This is not the 1950s when people wore coats and ties and dresses and stoles to games; it's the 21st century when a team is (or should be) known by the fans that support them. And too many Tech fans show nothing in public that would indicate support for the team. Like I said, if Clemson fans can wear that butt-ugly orange to games and virtually anywhere they go, why do Tech fans think they are above that? Don't you realize how it looks on TV when a stadium is filled with fans wearing the team's colors? Don't you think that the players would be fired up looking up in the stands and seeing solid gold (or yellow)? Hell, Tennessee's fans think so much of their colors that they fill alternating sections of the stadium with orange and white. Meanwhile BDS is filled with fans wearing a hodgepodge of nothing that would indicate support.

I agree. It frustrates me when I see fans wearing gray, black, and even navy at our home games. Wear white or gold - ONLY. The visual impact on TV, on the opponent's fans in the stadium, on the opponent's players, and on our fellow GT fans is much greater with a unified color scheme. A panoramic shot of fans in seats for Tennessee, Florida, or Nebraska is impressive. That same shot of our game looks like we are there to watch an all-star game involving 6 different teams that wear all kinds of colors.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It's crazy. We play CU after a short week from Vandy. They play us after a short week from SCSU.

I agree. It frustrates me when I see fans wearing gray, black, and even navy at our home games. Wear white or gold - ONLY. The visual impact on TV, on the opponent's fans in the stadium, on the opponent's players, and on our fellow GT fans is much greater with a unified color scheme. A panoramic shot of fans in seats for Tennessee, Florida, or Nebraska is impressive. That same shot of our game looks like we are there to watch an all-star game involving 6 different teams that wear all kinds of colors.
I wish I could hit "Like" 1000 times for what you posted. I couldn't agree with you more.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Now, that's what I'm talking about. Let's do it, Tech fans. Fill those seats with gold, and screw your dislike of the color or t-shirts or whatever other lame excuse you come up with for not wearing the gold WITH PRIDE !!!
Yep, we aren't going to a runway fashion show, who cares if it's ugly we are there to help set the atmosphere and get the guys hyped.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I've said this before, but the ND student body produces a "student tshirt" every year that every student buys and wears to the games. It's a pretty cool show of unity and creates a single color scheme throughout the student section. I don't know what they do when it's too cold for tshirts.
The SWARM section always gives out a "free" shirt and about everyone there wears it (or an earlier year's, which are all the same shade of gold). Though outside of the SWARM, there isn't any kind of unity. Most people wear some shade of gold, white, or navy, but you always have at least 5% of people wearing green, grey, or some other... non school color.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I've said this before, but the ND student body produces a "student tshirt" every year that every student buys and wears to the games. It's a pretty cool show of unity and creates a single color scheme throughout the student section. I don't know what they do when it's too cold for tshirts.
Our student section is (apart from Swarm) too concerned with looking frat-tastic at the games to ever go along with this idea. As someone from outside the south, it was very confusing for me as a pledge having to wear a shirt and tie to games...it's football for God's sake, shorts and a tee are all you need (especially in the early season...way too hot for collars). Since I only was in the frat for the one year, it was much better going to games after that.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I was just checking the ramblin wrek store and found very few gold / yellow shirts. I have a 4 from buying at game.
Am I wrong ? Are there more than 4 or so verses plenty of blue and gray

Our student section is (apart from Swarm) too concerned with looking frat-tastic at the games to ever go along with this idea. As someone from outside the south, it was very confusing for me as a pledge having to wear a shirt and tie to games...it's football for God's sake, shorts and a tee are all you need (especially in the early season...way too hot for collars). Since I only was in the frat for the one year, it was much better going to games after that.
As with everything else during their college years, the frats will do what they think is cool. It is time for someone to help them realize that supporting your team is cool. And that doesn't just mean wearing gold, but getting to the games before the second quarter. The ND student section was packed at least 30 minutes BEFORE kickoff last year. I'm sure they have some kind of social organizations in South Bend, whether frats and sororities, or something else. When I was in school at Tech oh so many years ago, the frats felt the need to be cool, but they did support the team, and they were in the stands well ahead of kickoff, along with everybody else.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm bringing a few Spartan fans with me to the Clemson game . I'm sure I'm gonna get asked who in the hell dresses for a golf outing or a country club to go to a football game. Students and Frats up here wear t shirts and body paint September through November.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes you do
Drink more.* ;)

* Before anyone gets too excited, that is not a knock on Irish people (I am 2nd gen Irish-American), or anyone for that matter. Just a smart-*** comment.

It was impressive to see that student section in person. Those boys get quite a workout.