GT and Under Armour

part of it is superstition part of it is Just because I don't often wear a t shirt. I have always wore a polo shirt to the games. I think i have maybe 5 t shirts in my closet total
Then buy ONE gold or yellow XL (or XXL) t-shirt, or find a yellow or gold polo or regular shirt and start wearing it to the games. Forget the superstition; we will win or lose in spite of what you wear.....LOL

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If people are concerned with how things show up on TV, just go back to the replay of the FSU game blocked FG attempt.

White, by a large margin, will show up better.

I prefer Gold and always have, but many have rightly said the selection has not been viable and often it does not show up very well on TV.

I think Blue should be reserved as a trim color only. Do not see many gaggers wearing gray shirts instead of red or black.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
Here's my thought on the subject...there are probably more die-hard GT fans on this board that just about anywhere. I've venture to guess that a majority of the people (who can) on this board attend at least 1 game a season. The fact that you're the only one pushing this (and there are some others that agree), says a lot. It doesn't matter what you wear, as long as it's not the opposing team's colors, just be there.

The fact that other schools have bolder colors (red, safety orange, etc.) has nothing to do with the uniformity of our fanbase apparrel. The reason Clemson, Georgia, etc. show up in our stands is that their colors are much brighter than ours, we don't sell out our stadium, and when we do, we have season ticket holders who sell their seats to whomever. If we all wore gold or white, the opposing fans would show up in stark contrast. Fill the stands with Tech fans and it doesn't matter. Gold, White, Yellow and Dark (Blue or Black) are all acceptable colors to wear, Red would not be.

I think actually wearing dark (man that would be hot on those September Noon kickoffs) would actually mute any opposing colors.

Here's my thought on the subject...there are probably more die-hard GT fans on this board that just about anywhere. I've venture to guess that a majority of the people (who can) on this board attend at least 1 game a season. The fact that you're the only one pushing this (and there are some others that agree), says a lot. It doesn't matter what you wear, as long as it's not the opposing team's colors, just be there.

The fact that other schools have bolder colors (red, safety orange, etc.) has nothing to do with the uniformity of our fanbase apparrel. The reason Clemson, Georgia, etc. show up in our stands is that their colors are much brighter than ours, we don't sell out our stadium, and when we do, we have season ticket holders who sell their seats to whomever. If we all wore gold or white, the opposing fans would show up in stark contrast. Fill the stands with Tech fans and it doesn't matter. Gold, White, Yellow and Dark (Blue or Black) are all acceptable colors to wear, Red would not be.

I think actually wearing dark (man that would be hot on those September Noon kickoffs) would actually mute any opposing colors.
The bright colors that the other teams' fans wear is going to stand out no matter what Tech fans wear, and nothing is going to mute the other colors out. But a UNIFORM appearance by the Tech fans also sticks out (vis a vis the Whiteout games). I just don't see why it's such a problem for Tech fans to understand that. And no, I am not the only one; this started last Winter when an aspiring young student/fan initially posted the question. Almost immediately there was resistance from the older fans, who just don't seem to grasp it at all.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I get what you are saying, but I have to agree with @Supersizethatorder-mutt because what he's saying is die hard fans normally don't care if the color is ugly (not saying your not a die hard fan) he used Clemson as a perfect example saying their orange is ugly yet they all wear it.

There is a ton of purple worn at Clemson games. And while we think orange is ugly, I can tell you that orange is actually a popular color for shirt sales. It's also a ton easier to find good looking polos in orange than it is to find them in gold. The selection of gold polos is limited and most of them aren't very good looking. I own a couple of the decent ones, but they are hard to find.

I'll go back to my broader point. It doesn't matter what colors we wear for TV when we don't fill the seats. And even on sellouts, the cameras always seem to find the vast wasteland of empty seats that is the east stands. All that gold goes for naught when they are indoors watching from the club.

There is a ton of purple worn at Clemson games. And while we think orange is ugly, I can tell you that orange is actually a popular color for shirt sales. It's also a ton easier to find good looking polos in orange than it is to find them in gold. The selection of gold polos is limited and most of them aren't very good looking. I own a couple of the decent ones, but they are hard to find.

I'll go back to my broader point. It doesn't matter what colors we wear for TV when we don't fill the seats. And even on sellouts, the cameras always seem to find the vast wasteland of empty seats that is the east stands. All that gold goes for naught when they are indoors watching from the club.
If there was any purple worn at the Clemson game last year, I sure didn't see it. There may have been some, but definitely not a "ton" of it. All I saw everywhere I looked was orange, from the field to the top of the upper decks. If it's easier to find good looking polos in orange than in gold, then that's a marketing problem. I can't imagine wearing an orange polo, and not because I'm not a Clemson fan. They're just ugly.
I agree that the bigger problem is filling the stands, but, in addition to winning, atmosphere sells tickets, and frankly the atmosphere in Death Valley is better than that in BDS, sad to say. The enthusiasm of their fans is, and probably has been since the 60s, much greater than the enthusiasm of Tech fans. And those enthusiastic Clemson fans proudly wear those hideous orange shirts.
I also totally agree about the club section. That was a BIG mistake creating that section in that particular area of the stadium. Although there is a lot to be said for the students in both end zones, I still miss the students filling the lower east from the goal line to the 50, and I wouldn't mind it being from goal line to goal line. The only good thing that can possibly be said about those empty seat is that they are gold.....LOL

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The Russell contract is through 2018. No matter what happens at the bookstore, nothing will happen to the uniforms until at least 2019.
Might there be an incentive for Russell to up their game at it relates to uni's, at this point, to keep the contract? Or are they a dead man walking?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
There is always an incentive.
Question becomes how much can they tweak without creating chicken wire and the like in many fans eyes.