GT and Under Armour

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
The SWARM section always gives out a "free" shirt and about everyone there wears it (or an earlier year's, which are all the same shade of gold). Though outside of the SWARM, there isn't any kind of unity. Most people wear some shade of gold, white, or navy, but you always have at least 5% of people wearing green, grey, or some other... non school color.

"free" = $20.00 Swarm Membership fee.

Currently, the Swarm next to the band is the best TV visual there is at Grant Field, other than the White Out games.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I would like to see us add the state of Georgia outline as an added logo somewhere on our uniforms. Sorta like the logo used by the Masters but not take away from Buzz or the GT logo. Would like to get under the skin of a few UGA fans who don't think of us as being part of the state of Georgia. I do think some of the high school recruits are overly impressed by the brands. Unless Russell gets into the latest design trends or GT decides to stick with one traditional uniform look, we should go with a more popular brand for recruiting purposes. We do have a lot of tradition at GT. We are not a johnny-come-lately FB school and need to leverage that as well as our academics.
Personally I don't like the state outline of Georgia on the shirts, etc. JMO though.
Then I'm not a fashionista.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

This was retweeted by verge-Henderson

So whether you like wearing gold or not, please wear it to the games. Stop worrying if it's ugly, because honestly it's about the players winning more than a fashion show, and we should support them in anyway we can and if this is what they want then why not do it? I will admit I have worn blue to games but I will start wearing gold.

This was retweeted by verge-Henderson

So whether you like wearing gold or not, please wear it to the games. Stop worrying if it's ugly, because honestly it's about the players winning more than a fashion show, and we should support them in anyway we can and if this is what they want then why not do it? I will admit I have worn blue to games but I will start wearing gold.

That's what I have been preaching for the past few weeks. Good to see that Tweet and your response to it. GO JACKETS !!!

I wish the GT athletic department would send out an email for this.
I spoke to recently fired Chris Yandle last winter and brought this up. He used the same tired excuse that they couldn't decide on a particular shade of gold. Based on that conversation, I don't think the athletic department will be any help at all. It's the students, in particular members of the swarm to promote it the same way they promote the white-outs. And we fans need to push it to, like I have been trying to do on this thread the past few weeks. If enough students and fans push it, then maybe the athletic department and the book store will wake up and do something to help it happen. Maybe we should email MBob and let him know that it's not just a group of students who want this, but a sizable number of fans as well.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I spoke to recently fired Chris Yandle last winter and brought this up. He used the same tired excuse that they couldn't decide on a particular shade of gold. Based on that conversation, I don't think the athletic department will be any help at all. It's the students, in particular members of the swarm to promote it the same way they promote the white-outs. And we fans need to push it to, like I have been trying to do on this thread the past few weeks. If enough students and fans push it, then maybe the athletic department and the book store will wake up and do something to help it happen. Maybe we should email MBob and let him know that it's not just a group of students who want this, but a sizable number of fans as well.
And not just students and fans but players. I'm down to send him an email any other takers who will join in? Let's see if we can overload his inbox with this simple request, let's wear gold on all home games. We the fans what to see our program change and stop being so inconsistent, well let's start supporting our team and sell out every game and wear gold no matter who we are playing, that will let the recruits and players know we have their back and we are serious about GT football. Some people don't understand to have a successful team we need a successful fan base. If Alabama didn't show up to their games and wore tons of different colors do you think they would be just as successful? I don't because kids what to see an awesome atmosphere at games.

Rant over....

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I wouldn't mind these at all. Michigan new Jordan Brand unis
IMG_0067.JPG

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
As someone that has worked and works in the school system. Drop Russell immediately. If I were GT administration I'd sign with the Jordan brand and be a double win.

It's been a minute ... but figured with the season around the corner I oughta start lurking again ...

Regardless, if we really want GT to switch, we need to push MBob. It does no good to moan and complain about how how Russell sucks, etc. (and this isn't a callout, ATL1, just a generalization of most of us) when we can take action by sending an email to MBob to switch. Nike, Adidas, and UA will not reach out to GT, the AD has to reach out to them. And MBob won't reach out unless he gets 5,000 emails a day in his inbox asking for a change and every conversation starts with, "So when are we going to drop Russell and move to ..."

If you want us to change equipment providers I'll ask you this: have you sent your e-mail to MBob today?

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
It's been a minute ... but figured with the season around the corner I oughta start lurking again ...

Regardless, if we really want GT to switch, we need to push MBob. It does no good to moan and complain about how how Russell sucks, etc. (and this isn't a callout, ATL1, just a generalization of most of us) when we can take action by sending an email to MBob to switch. Nike, Adidas, and UA will not reach out to GT, the AD has to reach out to them. And MBob won't reach out unless he gets 5,000 emails a day in his inbox asking for a change and every conversation starts with, "So when are we going to drop Russell and move to ..."

If you want us to change equipment providers I'll ask you this: have you sent your e-mail to MBob today?

MBob has already met with reps from Nike and UA. These were initial meetings and each brand will be coming back in the spring to give a final presentation on apparel, uniforms, shoes, etc... they will also be presenting initial contract offers. We are under contract until spring of 2018 with Russell but there is a chance one of the offers may include a buy-out of our contract and we could see new uniforms as early as 2017 football season.

Milwaukee

Banned
Nike or bust. We need Nike, and they wouldn't give us Jumpman cause we're not even close to the numbers they want. Regular Nike is what Tech needs in ATL.

Nike or bust. Our recruiting depends on it.