GT and Under Armour

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Looks like a lock to me. Stopped by the bookstore today and it looked like a solid 75% of the stuff on sale was UA. Russell was most definitely not the majority.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So we're out of the Russell contract? I've been to the bookstore a few times the last couple of years and they have a lot of Under Armour.
I think he meant when our contract is up with Russell we will be signing with under armor, and that they are obvious making a move that way because of all the under armor stuff.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I tried posting a pic, but it said it was too large. Anyways, the snapchat story for "togetherweswarm" today has a few select players filming the Jumbotron videos for this fall. They're wearing new..........Russell unis. Next year!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The Russell contract is through 2018. No matter what happens at the bookstore, nothing will happen to the uniforms until at least 2019.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I tried posting a pic, but it said it was too large. Anyways, the snapchat story for "togetherweswarm" today has a few select players filming the Jumbotron videos for this fall. They're wearing new..........Russell unis. Next year!
Either they're the blue ones from last year or the new ones have very very very minor changes that I can't tell in the quick snaps.

They're these from last year that we wore like 4-5 times.

092015-tech-game-hs35.jpg

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
What is available at the bookstore, or any other store is not limited because of our contract with Russell. Not sure why that seems to be difficult for some folks to understand.

Uniforms don't equal what we can buy, just what is worn by players on the field and the like.

Last edited:

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't trying to say that we would be wearing UA on the field this year, most likely after 2018, but to me this signals that UA is the future for Tech uniforms if they are already this invested in fan apparel.

ballground jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I talked to the manager of the book store a few weeks ago. She told me that they were getting in alot of ua and nike gear but the teams had to still use russell until the contract was up. The coaches gear will also be russell. She also told me that fan gear could have always been nike or ua but they just did not do it in the past. She said that under armor will send gear out a few times a year to make sure that they have enough stock but nike only likes to do set shipments. She stated that if they ran out of sizes in nike gear mid football season for instance then that was just to bad because they did not like sending partial orders like that..

I found it interesting but who knows how truthful this is.

I talked to the manager of the book store a few weeks ago. She told me that they were getting in alot of ua and nike gear but the teams had to still use russell until the contract was up. The coaches gear will also be russell. She also told me that fan gear could have always been nike or ua but they just did not do it in the past. She said that under armor will send gear out a few times a year to make sure that they have enough stock but nike only likes to do set shipments. She stated that if they ran out of sizes in nike gear mid football season for instance then that was just to bad because they did not like sending partial orders like that..

I found it interesting but who knows how truthful this is.
If you talk to her again, ask her to please order more apparel in the school colors. Every other fan-base in the country wears their primary colors to games; Tech fans should be wearing gold to every game except the annual whiteout game.

ballground jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
If you talk to her again, ask her to please order more apparel in the school colors. Every other fan-base in the country wears their primary colors to games; Tech fans should be wearing gold to every game except the annual whiteout game.

I will tell her that next time I see her, we go to the bookstore about once a month. I just wish they would get some fat mens shirts in gold. Everything I can find is white or navy. They did get a new old gold hat that is really nice.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Blue is an official school color. It also sells better than White or Gold. While I get peoples desire to promote Old Gold, there's nothing wrong with the blue. (Navy)

Colors_0.png

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We are getting new unis this year from Russell. Those video promos are last year's. As superstitious as CPJ is, there is no way we'd use last years unis. The contract ends spring of 18 so we have 2 seasons left of Russell unfortunately.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Blue is an official school color. It also sells better than White or Gold. While I get peoples desire to promote Old Gold, there's nothing wrong with the blue. (Navy)

Colors_0.png
He's saying primary, personally I don't care if it's gold or blue because I like both but I do get what he's saying.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I will tell her that next time I see her, we go to the bookstore about once a month. I just wish they would get some fat mens shirts in gold. Everything I can find is white or navy. They did get a new old gold hat that is really nice.
Hell, I just wish the bookstore put everything they had in the store on there website. It's hard to find anything decent online especially living out of state.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Wasn't trying to say that we would be wearing UA on the field this year, most likely after 2018, but to me this signals that UA is the future for Tech uniforms if they are already this invested in fan apparel.

Ah. So no evidence, just your personal speculation.

I would tell you to temper your expectations lest you be severely disappointed.

Blue is an official school color. It also sells better than White or Gold. While I get peoples desire to promote Old Gold, there's nothing wrong with the blue.

The point is that we are the YELLOW JACKETS, not the BLUE JACKETS. The arguments many make about gold apparel not going with anything else are totally spurious, because does anyone really think that those butt-ugly orange shirts that Clemson fans wear to games go with other clothes better than gold or yellow does. If Death Valley can be a sea of that ugly orange every home game; if the cesspool can be a sea of red every home game; if South Bend can be a sea of green every home game, why can't BDS be a sea of gold/yellow every home game. So what if there are different shades of gold to choose from, DEMAND that the distributor settle on ONE SHADE AND SELL THE HELL OUT OF IT !!!