GT and Under Armour

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Meh. Let's worry about selling out games before we worry about what color people are wearing. When Miami, Clemson, uga, and other big opponents come to our house, I see as much of their color as ours. We can get irate about color schemes all we want, but I'd rather see more butts in seats cheering our Jackets, no matter what color shirt they are wearing.

Meh. Let's worry about selling out games before we worry about what color people are wearing. When Miami, Clemson, uga, and other big opponents come to our house, I see as much of their color as ours. We can get irate about color schemes all we want, but I'd rather see more butts in seats cheering our Jackets, no matter what color shirt they are wearing.
If Tech fans continue wearing whatever they want to wear, regardless of school colors, then you may never know how many fans we have there. The vast number of fans from other schools WEARING THEIR COLORS would not look nearly so bad if the Tech sections had people in them WEARING OUR COLORS. The fans respond pretty well to the Whiteout games; why can't every other game be a gold-out? Every Tech shirt I have ever bought, since way back in the 60's, has been either gold or white, and I wouldn't consider wearing anything different to a game. I plan on being decked out in gold in Dublin; I hope other Tech fans going will be too.

gtg147g

Georgia Tech Fan

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
If Tech fans continue wearing whatever they want to wear, regardless of school colors, then you may never know how many fans we have there. The vast number of fans from other schools WEARING THEIR COLORS would not look nearly so bad if the Tech sections had people in them WEARING OUR COLORS. The fans respond pretty well to the Whiteout games; why can't every other game be a gold-out? Every Tech shirt I have ever bought, since way back in the 60's, has been either gold or white, and I wouldn't consider wearing anything different to a game. I plan on being decked out in gold in Dublin; I hope other Tech fans going will be too.

I wear Gold, White, and Navy. All three are GT colors. So do most fans. A few wear black, but not many. I don't know anyone who wears orange or red to our games, and that covers three of our big rivals. Again, I've got nothing against wearing gold, I just don't get my knickers in a twist because people wear blue. At least those people wearing blue are in the stands.

I wear Gold, White, and Navy. All three are GT colors. So do most fans. A few wear black, but not many. I don't know anyone who wears orange or red to our games, and that covers three of our big rivals. Again, I've got nothing against wearing gold, I just don't get my knickers in a twist because people wear blue. At least those people wearing blue are in the stands.
I still come back to the question of why Tech fans can't be like fans of every other major school and wear the PRIMARY color to games? This is not the 1950s when people wore coats and ties and dresses and stoles to games; it's the 21st century when a team is (or should be) known by the fans that support them. And too many Tech fans show nothing in public that would indicate support for the team. Like I said, if Clemson fans can wear that butt-ugly orange to games and virtually anywhere they go, why do Tech fans think they are above that? Don't you realize how it looks on TV when a stadium is filled with fans wearing the team's colors? Don't you think that the players would be fired up looking up in the stands and seeing solid gold (or yellow)? Hell, Tennessee's fans think so much of their colors that they fill alternating sections of the stadium with orange and white. Meanwhile BDS is filled with fans wearing a hodgepodge of nothing that would indicate support.

Milwaukee

Banned
I still come back to the question of why Tech fans can't be like fans of every other major school and wear the PRIMARY color to games? This is not the 1950s when people wore coats and ties and dresses and stoles to games; it's the 21st century when a team is (or should be) known by the fans that support them. And too many Tech fans show nothing in public that would indicate support for the team. Like I said, if Clemson fans can wear that butt-ugly orange to games and virtually anywhere they go, why do Tech fans think they are above that? Don't you realize how it looks on TV when a stadium is filled with fans wearing the team's colors? Don't you think that the players would be fired up looking up in the stands and seeing solid gold (or yellow)? Hell, Tennessee's fans think so much of their colors that they fill alternating sections of the stadium with orange and white. Meanwhile BDS is filled with fans wearing a hodgepodge of nothing that would indicate support.

I get what you're saying, but a lot of this is because of our primary color's "brightness". Our gold is not a bright, electric gold. It doesn't pop on tv, so when you mix it with the white and the navy crowd it's not gonna pop at all.

Clemson's orange is loud, almost obnoxious. It pops on tv, especially on the road. Their fans wear a ton of white as well, but the orange accents still pop when they do.

Turn on a Bama game, their crowd is full of crimson and white, not just crimson.

Ours would pop a little better on tv with just gold and white; but I, and probably a lot of our fans, have a ton of navy blue gear. Nike makes most of their Tech stuff in Navy Blue.

If the majority of the fans in the stands wear any shade of yellow or gold at all, it would definitely pop out, simply because of the uniformity of the look. But if you're worried about the shade of gold, then let UA or Russell or whoever CHOOSE ONE SHADE and sell it exclusively.....and at prices, at least initially, that would make it affordable to the apparently cheap as hell Tech fans. Tennessee's shade of orange does not "pop out" like Clemson's does, but with everybody in a particular section of Neyland stadium wearing that same shade of orange uniformly, it definitely pops out. I just don't understand the resistance to doing something so inherently simple and sensible.

I get what you're saying, but a lot of this is because of our primary color's "brightness". Our gold is not a bright, electric gold. It doesn't pop on tv, so when you mix it with the white and the navy crowd it's not gonna pop at all.

Clemson's orange is loud, almost obnoxious. It pops on tv, especially on the road. Their fans wear a ton of white as well, but the orange accents still pop when they do.

Turn on a Bama game, their crowd is full of crimson and white, not just crimson.

Ours would pop a little better on tv with just gold and white; but I, and probably a lot of our fans, have a ton of navy blue gear. Nike makes most of their Tech stuff in Navy Blue.
You said, "Nike makes most of their Tech stuff in Navy Blue." Therein likes part of the problem. Somebody at Tech (marketing???) should INSIST that yellow/gold gear be dominant, keeping all other options but the primary color being the main one.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You said, "Nike makes most of their Tech stuff in Navy Blue." Therein likes part of the problem. Somebody at Tech (marketing???) should INSIST that yellow/gold gear be dominant, keeping all other options but the primary color being the main one.

This! Companies should not be allowed to market toward capitalist demand but only toward the utopian ideal of individuals submitting their free will to the desire of the collective.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yellow!
(Not Blue)
Jackets!

Attachments

• 1256.jpeg
    1256.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 86

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I guess it's the off season... Who cares what people wear to games, as long as we're filling the stadium with tech fans. Our primary color in my mind is white anyway. Up with the white and gold. I like wearing white stuff, and if there were quality gold golf shirts or button downs I would probably get one or two, but until then I won't. I don't wear tshirts to games, so white and navy are the best choice for me. But again, who cares?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I guess it's the off season... Who cares what people wear to games, as long as we're filling the stadium with tech fans. Our primary color in my mind is white anyway. Up with the white and gold. I like wearing white stuff, and if there were quality gold golf shirts or button downs I would probably get one or two, but until then I won't. I don't wear tshirts to games, so white and navy are the best choice for me. But again, who cares?

This. I have a couple of gold shirts, but they aren't very good looking. I much prefer the versatility of a blue shirt. You can wear it with almost anything, and I ruin a ton of white shirts. At least I am at the games though, I could be sitting at home wearing all gold.

Sorry, but I just don't get the cavalier, almost apathetic, attitude about showing your team colors, regardless of how ugly you might think they are. Surely not even the most avid Clemson fan thinks their shirts are pretty, but they wear them because they are IMMEDIATELY recognizable as Clemson shirts. Blue shirts and white shirts are not IMMEDIATELY identifiable as anything other than blue shirts or white shirts. Whether I am at a game or just out in public, if I wear a Tech shirt, I want to be immediately recognized as being a Tech fan, and not because somebody had to look closely to read the logo. And frankly, I don't care how "ugly" somebody may think it is. There will never be racks and racks of Tech gear in stores in Augusta, like there are for mutt gear, but it sure would be nice to see one rack, or half-rack, or whatever that had gold or yellow shirts standing out in contrast to the hideous mutt red. I realize some of you reading my remarks may think I am obsessed, and I may be beating a dead horse, but I just can't understand why Tech fans, like no other fans I know, make excuses for not PROUDLY wearing shirts that IMMEDIATELY indicate the team we support. Or maybe that's the problem: maybe some of you aren't really proud to be a Tech fan.