GT and Under Armour

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we're all approaching the 50th annual offseason uni discussion in too small of a way. I mean Russell, Under Armor. . . it's like choosing between a Tab & Dr. Pepper. Sure, one is clearly better. But at the end of the day, Dr. Pepper ain't coke and it ain't whiskey.

I say we leapfrog everyone and go with a translucent cloque uni.

(1) we show everyone we're smarter than them by obscuring a ~ 400 lb body of mass, aka 2017 All-ACC guard Shamire.
(2) no one could rip on GT for fan attendance b/c they wouldn't be able to tell if the stands were empty or we were having a cloque-out

#WeCanDoThat (I assume . . . We didn't cover this during my time on the M-Train).

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Or maybe that's the problem: maybe some of you aren't really proud to be a Tech fan.

I'm positive that's not the problem, as over half the shirts I wear to work are emblazoned with the GT logo. I'm just not overly worried whether it's a gold, white, or blue shirt that carries that logo.

Also, I doubt you can in any seriousness accuse me of not being a proud GT fan. If anything, I've been labeled a "homer" because of my devotion to our Jackets.

I'm positive that's not the problem, as over half the shirts I wear to work are emblazoned with the GT logo. I'm just not overly worried whether it's a gold, white, or blue shirt that carries that logo.

Also, I doubt you can in any seriousness accuse me of not being a proud GT fan. If anything, I've been labeled a "homer" because of my devotion to our Jackets.
No, I don't doubt your loyalty and pride at all, and it's great that you wear Tech gear to work, regardless of the color. But why is it so difficult to understand the message that a stadium full of (or as full as BDS lately is) of gold or yellow shirts. It sends an immediate message to those viewing on TV and definitely sends a message to the players if they look up and see a sea of gold. I assume you wear white for the white-out games; so why not wear gold or yellow for all the rest? It just seems to me to be a no-brainer.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
No, I don't doubt your loyalty and pride at all, and it's great that you wear Tech gear to work, regardless of the color. But why is it so difficult to understand the message that a stadium full of (or as full as BDS lately is) of gold or yellow shirts. It sends an immediate message to those viewing on TV and definitely sends a message to the players if they look up and see a sea of gold. I assume you wear white for the white-out games; so why not wear gold or yellow for all the rest? It just seems to me to be a no-brainer.

It's easy. Because the selection of gold polos sucks. I don't wear t-shirts to games, and I try and only wear white to the white out game, as many a white shirt has been lost to the pre-game tailgate. The options for gold polos aren't many, and some are just plain ugly. I also wear them to work, so they actually need to look decent. If I wore t-shirts, it wouldn't be an issue.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I'm more of a Fall tones than Summer, when will Tech modernize the look to include more earth tones?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It's easy. Because the selection of gold polos sucks. I don't wear t-shirts to games, and I try and only wear white to the white out game, as many a white shirt has been lost to the pre-game tailgate. The options for gold polos aren't many, and some are just plain ugly. I also wear them to work, so they actually need to look decent. If I wore t-shirts, it wouldn't be an issue.
I get what you are saying, but I have to agree with @Supersizethatorder-mutt because what he's saying is die hard fans normally don't care if the color is ugly (not saying your not a die hard fan) he used Clemson as a perfect example saying their orange is ugly yet they all wear it.

I have a really good looking gold (yellow, actually) polo shirt, but I bought it years ago. I would think some would still be available. Actually, even if it doesn't have a tech logo on it, you should still be able to find a good looking yellow or gold polo shirt almost anywhere. But why not wear a t-shirt to the game?

I get what you are saying, but I have to agree with @Supersizethatorder-mutt because what he's saying is die hard fans normally don't care if the color is ugly (not saying your not a die hard fan) he used Clemson as a perfect example saying their orange is ugly yet they all wear it.
"he used Clemson as a perfect example saying their orange is ugly yet they all wear it." That's my point exactly. We're not taking part in a fashion show; we're showing our allegiance to our school, no matter how ugly the color might be.

SouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think some other schools like Clemson still show up in less desirable colors because between orange and purple, some shade of orange is the best choice. Our fans pick between yellow/gold and navy. Obviously most prefer navy just based on looks and the selection of navy tends to be better than gold. I'm sure that's based on the manufacturers sales of gold vs navy. I personally wear a light yellow polo w/ navy "polo guy" to most games and while watching at home. The past three shirts I've bought from the book store have been navy though.

I think some other schools like Clemson still show up in less desirable colors because between orange and purple, some shade of orange is the best choice. Our fans pick between yellow/gold and navy. Obviously most prefer navy just based on looks and the selection of navy tends to be better than gold. I'm sure that's based on the manufacturers sales of gold vs navy. I personally wear a light yellow polo w/ navy "polo guy" to most games and while watching at home. The past three shirts I've bought from the book store have been navy though.
Call me bull-headed, but I will NEVER buy a blue Tech shirt. Gold/yellow or white, or NOTHING !!!

ballground jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
This is the reason I have a problem wearing gold to games. They jsut don't make many fat man gold polos. In fact I own one that is from 10 plus years ago. I don't like wearing just normal t shirts so I normally wear white to the games with a gold hat.

Like I asked AJ, why not wear t-shirts? All those fans in that ugly orange at Clemson are not wearing polos; they are wearing t-shirts and jerseys. You can get t-shirts in any size. And even if the games are the only times you wear it, then so what? You will have shown your colors.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Ok so some of y'all might think I'm crazy but I'm pretty sure I saw a polo that was a decent shade of gold at Cracker Barrel they normally have cool little GT things.

ballground jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Like I asked AJ, why not wear t-shirts? All those fans in that ugly orange at Clemson are not wearing polos; they are wearing t-shirts and jerseys. You can get t-shirts in any size. And even if the games are the only times you wear it, then so what? You will have shown your colors.

part of it is superstition part of it is Just because I don't often wear a t shirt. I have always wore a polo shirt to the games. I think i have maybe 5 t shirts in my closet total