Good TV Shows?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Better Call Saul is good. Definitely worth your time.

Mandalorian has a lot of potential...and it's definitely a space western that puts the main character in cliche situations. BTW, people have compared it to the samurai classic The Lone Wolf and Cub...which is accurate.

Just watched the Witcher on netflix, which will get comparisons to Game of Thrones. It's not bad...uneven in places, but the show has a ton of potential to be really cool for action. The politics of the show needs to be spruced up.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Mandalorian has a lot of potential...and it's definitely a space western that puts the main character in cliche situations. BTW, people have compared it to the samurai classic The Lone Wolf and Cub...which is accurate.

Just watched the Witcher on netflix, which will get comparisons to Game of Thrones. It's not bad...uneven in places, but the show has a ton of potential to be really cool for action. The politics of the show needs to be spruced up.

The Mandalorian wrapped up this week and it was satisfying, overall. Solid story without over-complicating things, wrapping up the first season, while leaving the wiggle room for the story to continue.

I still haven't convinced myself to watch The Witcher.

herb

Helluva Engineer

Since Kurosawa provided a lot of inspiration for the original Star Wars, the Mandalorian is in good company. One of the episodes is definitely a 40 minute homage to Seven Samurai. And agree with @dtm1997 it was solid overall.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, we've probably got 3 more days of non-stop Doctor Who on BBC America.
I’ve been popping in on this multiple times over the past week. Loads of fun. We have the first six or seven seasons on DVD, so it’s been really fun since they got past the end of our library.

We got sucked in at halftime of the Clemson-Ohio State game last night, when we flipped channels to see what was on, and it was the episode where we learn River Song’s origin.

My wife called it at the beginning of the episode, when it first aired. True fist-bump moment, because as soon as she called it, it was obvious she was right.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Have you watched the El Camino whatever? The Breaking Bad movie.

I got about 40% through it and turned it off. And I love Breaking Bad. I'll probably pick it back up just to finish it, but it was kinda meh compared to the high standards of the series.

The Mandalorian wrapped up this week and it was satisfying, overall. Solid story without over-complicating things, wrapping up the first season, while leaving the wiggle room for the story to continue.

I still haven't convinced myself to watch The Witcher.

I started in on the Witcher. Been decent so far.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Anyone catch Broadchurch? It’s on Netflix...BBC crime drama. I just finished Season 1 and enjoyed it...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Have you watched the El Camino whatever? The Breaking Bad movie.

I got about 40% through it and turned it off. And I love Breaking Bad. I'll probably pick it back up just to finish it, but it was kinda meh compared to the high standards of the series.

I started in on the Witcher. Been decent so far.

Saw El Camino. It's...eh. Wraps up the Jesse story line, and there's moments that are satisfying because certain characters didn't escape what they had coming to them, but overall just...eh...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Have you seen Good Omens (originally on Amazon Prime, but now available on DVD)? Loads of fun.

Binged it over the holidays. Very fun show.

I feel like I've mentioned it previously, but anyone watch Fleabag? That was good.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If you have Showtime, The Wedding Guest, is a drama/thriller. Watched it last night. Surprisingly better than expected. Good detail to the story. Produced by and stars, Dev Patel. A Michael Winterbottom film.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just cracked open season 2 of Sex Education on Netflix and it's picking up well from where it left off.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'd agree with this, but then The Mandalorian plus the return of Doctor Who has me feeling otherwise.

You just don't have self control...

...speaking of no self control, found myself with a lot of downtime yesterday for MLK holiday and gave in. Watched the Outsiders. VERY GOOD, and you get a sense of creepiness as the show progresses. Sets up for an absolute mindf$ck of an ending...at least that's what I'm getting. I haven't read the book so I have no clue what's in store. I ended up watching all 3 released episodes straight through.

It was shot in GA, and one of my friends makes a speaking cameo in it...and I didn't know until I saw him in the scene. So that's a bonus.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Who'd have thought the best benefit I receive from my 247 Sports paid subscription is the fact I now receive CBS All Access?

Convenient for those of us interested in streaming Picard, which started today.