Going on the Record

How many games does Tech win next season?

• 0-3

• 7+

Results are only viewable after voting.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
404Takeover is happening. Also on an unrelenting note - mixing 60% OF1920 with 40% OF1910 makes a fine, fine blend of two of my favorite bourbons.

Just when I thought that every post was a rehash of a point that had already been made, you posted this and restored my faith in humanity. I have a picanha on the smoker and am heading down to the bar to mix two bourbons per your suggestion. I don't carry Old Forrester so may end up with a blend of Old Crow and Early Times.

I am going on record for 8 wins. I am going to put that out there before getting on the whiskey. I may come baclk later and bump the total up. Whiskey makes me optimistic and sometimes sad.I have been known to cry to the Righteous Brothers, Ray Charles, Willie nelson and even certain songs (Pictures of You, Elise) by the Cure.

I am going to bump it up to 9 before I head to the bar. Audaces fortuna iuvat. Ceterus paribus of course.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
We have lost the last 10 games Sims has started against teams not named Duke. If Sims is the definition of playmaking ability then I wouldn't say its leading to wins either. Personally I think you need both.
I wasn't trying to get into the Sims vs. Yates debate. Analyzing Yates for what he is does not imply that I am crazy about Sims Personally, I loved the style of football Yates played. We just don't have the talent or scheme (or both) for a qb like that right now. I would have loved to see yates play for CPJ. I think he would have been great orchestrater like JT was in the 9-4 tax slayer bowl year. Sims has flashed raw talent but hasn't put it all together yet. I think we can all agree that he has hurt us with the lack of consistency/turnovers. That said, he has potential and there is no way we can say that Pyron or Gibson are the answer over him right now.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't trying to get into the Sims vs. Yates debate. Analyzing Yates for what he is does not imply that I am crazy about Sims Personally, I loved the style of football Yates played. We just don't have the talent or scheme (or both) for a qb like that right now. I would have loved to see yates play for CPJ. I think he would have been great orchestrater like JT was in the 9-4 tax slayer bowl year. Sims has flashed raw talent but hasn't put it all together yet. I think we can all agree that he has hurt us with the lack of consistency/turnovers. That said, he has potential and there is no way we can say that Pyron or Gibson are the answer over him right now.
I certainly agree with "right now ". 3 games in , I am thinking you may see a change.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

This is pretty spot on analysis IMO. To take it a step further, our lack of a developed and cohesive OL puts further strain on the QB position, and necessitates giving a playmaker like Sims the edge in the QB competition. I think a better comparison for Yates would be Tevin but with an arm.

JacketFan137

Banned
This is pretty spot on analysis IMO. To take it a step further, our lack of a developed and cohesive OL puts further strain on the QB position, and necessitates giving a playmaker like Sims the edge in the QB competition. I think a better comparison for Yates would be Tevin but with an arm.
can anyone demonstrate one instance where yates showed he had an arm against anyone but KSU? his passes were all at or just beyond the LOS. the second BC learned that the game was basically killed and that was a very winnable game.

sims arm strength gave us a completely different playbook and that made our offense look sooooo much better

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
can anyone demonstrate one instance where yates showed he had an arm against anyone but KSU? his passes were all at or just beyond the LOS. the second BC learned that the game was basically killed and that was a very winnable game.

sims arm strength gave us a completely different playbook and that made our offense look sooooo much better

I'm not arguing that Sims doesn't have more arm strength than Yates. I was saying that Yates had more than TW. Also, judging Yates by his throws last year is a fools errand. He was more constrained by the poor OL play than Sims was as he isn't as good an athlete and doesn't have that extra playmaking ability Sims has.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just when I thought that every post was a rehash of a point that had already been made, you posted this and restored my faith in humanity. I have a picanha on the smoker and am heading down to the bar to mix two bourbons per your suggestion. I don't carry Old Forrester so may end up with a blend of Old Crow and Early Times.

I am going on record for 8 wins. I am going to put that out there before getting on the whiskey. I may come baclk later and bump the total up. Whiskey makes me optimistic and sometimes sad.I have been known to cry to the Righteous Brothers, Ray Charles, Willie nelson and even certain songs (Pictures of You, Elise) by the Cure.

I am going to bump it up to 9 before I head to the bar. Audaces fortuna iuvat. Ceterus paribus of course.
If it's BiB, the Early Times is good just the way it is. As for records, I never concede a game before it's played. 12-0 regular season and then we take it game-by-game from there. Will it happen? Probably not, but I concede not one inch until I am overwhelmed. It's hard to move me off the line. I'm bigger than most of our DL.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

AHEM! We have a thread already for discussing beverages here, please self-warn and move the relevant portions of your post and others to the correct thread.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I totally disagree. We don't need to get to 9+ wins and Collins isn't a lame duck. If he shows steady improvement, that only means he chose poorly with assistant coaches when he came in. Why he chose those particular coaches is open to speculation, but a lot of it had to do with money and budgets. I think there is a very small minority of fans that will remain butt-hurt if Collins starts winning.
Sorry, but I disagree that Collins’ only failure has been with the selection of his subordinates (coaches), even though that is a major function of being a head coach (or any manager). He has amply demonstrated (and been excoriated for) game mismanagement, a tone-deaf attitude to the fan base, and goofy and embarrassing “cultural” choices in language, attire, presentation and reliance upon talking points (“elite” everything) that were patently absurd and laughable. He just happened to be someone who was promoted before he was ready for the immensity of the job, his OJT has taken too long for his to learn the position and right the ship, and he certainly seems poised to flameout this season.

JacketFan137

Banned
Sorry, but I disagree that Collins’ only failure has been with the selection of his subordinates (coaches), even though that is a major function of being a head coach (or any manager). He has amply demonstrated (and been excoriated for) game mismanagement, a tone-deaf attitude to the fan base, and goofy and embarrassing “cultural” choices in language, attire, presentation and reliance upon talking points (“elite” everything) that were patently absurd and laughable. He just happened to be someone who was promoted before he was ready for the immensity of the job, his OJT has taken too long for his to learn the position and right the ship, and he certainly seems poised to flameout this season.
just because you and a few of the vocal negative nancies on this page dislike some of the things he says doesn’t mean the whole fanbase is that mad about his non football related things. the fact that you’re choosing to include the clothes he wears as a negative is honestly ridiculous. i have no idea when fashion sense became such a big criteria to be a georgia tech coach but evidently on this page it’s a massive part of what makes a good coach because y’all are incapable of talking about him without bringing it up

do i think he’s gonna have a much longer tech career? no, but i’m just saying anyone that is SOOOO convinced he’s gone this season i think may be really disappointed at the end of the year

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My concern right now is not our coaching staff, although that is also a legitimate point to discuss. We have eight starters returning! Eight! Given how we played at the end of the season last year, maybe that's not so bad. But, I tend to believe unit cohesion is important and comes from playing together. We will see how it goes.

I have been a Tech man my entire life. I am all in with everyone hoping for 9 wins.