Going on the Record

How many games does Tech win next season?

• 0-3

• 7+

Results are only viewable after voting.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about our prospects for this upcoming season.

How many wins did you pick, o?

Not that I'm trying to influence your vote but you must know that I'm gonna be givin' out some absolute, unadulterated ca$h sh*t to all the haters all year, baybee.

David Boreanaz Seal GIF by CBS

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Keep it coming. I predicted 2-4 wins. Crow is really good when properly seasoned.
I've been scoping out some recipes, just in case. Most are heavy on the seasoning:

Crow Creole
Ingredients
2 medium onions
2 fresh chilies chopped
2 ribs celery
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 pound butter
16oz. chicken broth
1 can whole tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
8oz. ketchup
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
1/2 tablespoons garlic sauce
1/4 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 pound (12 pieces, or so) crow breast chopped into bite-sized pieces
Preparation
Brown the crow breasts in a skillet with butter or oil. When browned, place them in a Saute onion, celery, chilies and garlic in butter until tender. Add the above ingredients and all of the remaining ingredients to a crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
To serve, heap about 1 cup of rice in the center of the plate, and ladle a generous amount of the sauce around it. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Keep it coming. I predicted 2-4 wins. Crow is really good when properly seasoned.

Well, to be clear, I don't necessarily want the haters to eat crow. I want 'em to eat sh*t.

Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Should I put you on the waiting list?

Ah, I'm gonna go ahead and mark you down for 2. For ol' times sake.

Jimmy Fallon Writing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

You're welcome, brother. Don't mention it.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Source, Naked and Afraid reality television show; Pluck feathers of the crow(to pad the inner sole of jungle shoes)and place remainder of bird in pot over fire. Heat and eat.

The good news, we won’t win three again next season. The bad news is games are won and lost on the LOS, which will result in two wins.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but I disagree that Collins’ only failure has been with the selection of his subordinates (coaches), even though that is a major function of being a head coach (or any manager). He has amply demonstrated (and been excoriated for) game mismanagement, a tone-deaf attitude to the fan base, and goofy and embarrassing “cultural” choices in language, attire, presentation and reliance upon talking points (“elite” everything) that were patently absurd and laughable. He just happened to be someone who was promoted before he was ready for the immensity of the job, his OJT has taken too long for his to learn the position and right the ship, and he certainly seems poised to flameout this season.
You're reading more into what I wrote than was intended. I wasn't implying that the only problem Collins has had was bad coaching choices. I'm saying that if we see a dramatic improvement in just this year, then that shows that the assistant coaches played a big role in our lack of success.

On another point, the part highlighted above is your perspective and maybe that of the older fanbase. There are plenty that have no problem with this part of his schtick and many younger kids that absolutely buy into it. It's all about the lens through which you view him.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
My concern right now is not our coaching staff, although that is also a legitimate point to discuss. We have eight starters returning! Eight! Given how we played at the end of the season last year, maybe that's not so bad. But, I tend to believe unit cohesion is important and comes from playing together. We will see how it goes.

I have been a Tech man my entire life. I am all in with everyone hoping for 9 wins.
I agree with your points, but I would add that just because we have a lower number of starters returning that doesn't mean these guys haven't logged a ton of snaps together. Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but we rotated a ton of guys, including young guys the past couple of years, so the backups (now prospective starters) may not be as green as that stat may imply.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I've been scoping out some recipes, just in case. Most are heavy on the seasoning:

Crow Creole
Ingredients
2 medium onions
2 fresh chilies chopped
2 ribs celery
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 pound butter
16oz. chicken broth
1 can whole tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
8oz. ketchup
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
1/2 tablespoons garlic sauce
1/4 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 pound (12 pieces, or so) crow breast chopped into bite-sized pieces
Preparation
Brown the crow breasts in a skillet with butter or oil. When browned, place them in a Saute onion, celery, chilies and garlic in butter until tender. Add the above ingredients and all of the remaining ingredients to a crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
To serve, heap about 1 cup of rice in the center of the plate, and ladle a generous amount of the sauce around it. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
You can add this to anything. Including ice cream. Yum!

Attachments

• 71v-ZMz4iAL._SY445_.jpg
    71v-ZMz4iAL._SY445_.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 34

Tmcduffie16

Georgia Tech Fan
Congrats on the commit!!
Thanks
294ABB22-30A9-45E7-B3F7-2B96340AEDB2.jpeg
388DD670-9F4D-4115-95FD-ED63059B9CBD.jpeg
388DD670-9F4D-4115-95FD-ED63059B9CBD.jpegEEC5EAFB-D3EA-40E0-B747-AA0F317C72E7.jpeg
I have to guess looking at the name you are family. If that is the case welcome, understand one thing we all love Tech and the 3 last years have
I have to guess looking at the name you are family. If that is the case welcome, understand one thing we all love Tech and the 3 last years have been very hard on us.
yes’ my son….I get it and non/delusional about where the program is however I’m very comfortable as to where it could be..Some very close loss last season esp. NIU which got the players heads in a bad space…Not saying he’s going to change the world but he’s going to compete until the last whistle is blown and lead by example not words…I’ve met a lot ppl. New and old who’s in the Locker room and this year IT NO EXCUSES FOOTBALL! I’m say 7 win but wouldn’t be SHOCKED with 9 and playing in the Division Championship game! I WOULDNT SEND MY SON TO Vietnam with a be-be gun!!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Thanks View attachment 12333View attachment 12334View attachment 12334View attachment 12335

yes’ my son….I get it and non/delusional about where the program is however I’m very comfortable as to where it could be..Some very close loss last season esp. NIU which got the players heads in a bad space…Not saying he’s going to change the world but he’s going to compete until the last whistle is blown and lead by example not words…I’ve met a lot ppl. New and old who’s in the Locker room and this year IT NO EXCUSES FOOTBALL! I’m say 7 win but wouldn’t be SHOCKED with 9 and playing in the Division Championship game! I WOULDNT SEND MY SON TO Vietnam with a be-be gun!!!
Hope you get to make it down for the games. And they didn't send us to Vietnam with bb guns but it still wasn't a great place to be at the time.
Just remember it can get hot at the games. And it's just some of our fans were not around in the early 80's and for B** L**** years so they don't know what it's like. Hope your son enjoys his time here and has a great year.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but I disagree that Collins’ only failure has been with the selection of his subordinates (coaches), even though that is a major function of being a head coach (or any manager). He has amply demonstrated (and been excoriated for) game mismanagement, a tone-deaf attitude to the fan base, and goofy and embarrassing “cultural” choices in language, attire, presentation and reliance upon talking points (“elite” everything) that were patently absurd and laughable. He just happened to be someone who was promoted before he was ready for the immensity of the job, his OJT has taken too long for his to learn the position and right the ship, and he certainly seems poised to flameout this season.
I wish I had written this. It completely nails my feelings for our current HC.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I honestly don’t remember if I said 7 wins or 8 but I meant it at the time. However, the program seemed to take a hit after I made that prediction, then another and another and another. Now I honestly can’t remember where I saw us getting those wins.

Not at all optimistic at this point. But if the new coaching changes help this team make a 180 degree turn my surprise will only be exceeded by my shear joy.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I honestly don’t remember if I said 7 wins or 8 but I meant it at the time. However, the program seemed to take a hit after I made that prediction, then another and another and another. Now I honestly can’t remember where I saw us getting those wins.

Not at all optimistic at this point. But if the new coaching changes help this team make a 180 degree turn my surprise will only be exceeded by my shear joy.
At some point (probably different for all), many of us turned from very excited about the future of the program under CGC to frustration and criticism. My optimism is still there. It hasn't completely gone. But it keeps bumping into reality: serious lack of playmakers on both sides of the ball; inexperience and thin depth at many positions: 3 years of micro steps rebuilding the program; prognosticators not seeing improvement; coaching turnover - hopefully for the better though; CGC always smiling( the ship is sinking man !); obviously not able to compete in NIL arena; recruiting improvements not enough at this point.
Hopefully this coming season will have 1 of 2 outcomes : Win 6+ games , go to minor bowl. OR, lose 9+ games and CGC is gone. I really think if there are 8 losses, he will be gone.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Just for the sake of curiosity though .... what's your final answer? Just for gits and shiggles.

Tonight Show Writing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Don't mind me. Just making my uh .. grocery list. Yeah .. groceries.

:sneaky:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
At some point (probably different for all), many of us turned from very excited about the future of the program under CGC to frustration and criticism. My optimism is still there. It hasn't completely gone. But it keeps bumping into reality: serious lack of playmakers on both sides of the ball; inexperience and thin depth at many positions: 3 years of micro steps rebuilding the program; prognosticators not seeing improvement; coaching turnover - hopefully for the better though; CGC always smiling( the ship is sinking man !); obviously not able to compete in NIL arena; recruiting improvements not enough at this point.
Hopefully this coming season will have 1 of 2 outcomes : Win 6+ games , go to minor bowl. OR, lose 9+ games and CGC is gone. I really think if there are 8 losses, he will be gone.
I have no idea what the GTAA is thinking relative timing of a decision or # of wins, but I hope the standard is noticeable improvement in both the number of wins and the competitiveness of the team in the losses. The bottom fell out last year and Tech fans should not have endure more 0-45 or 0-55 games. I might be among the Tech people saying, "this was not a winning seasoon, but it's a lot better" if we are 4-8 and the eight losses were all games where we were playing to win in the 2nd half.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
My concern right now is not our coaching staff, although that is also a legitimate point to discuss. We have eight starters returning! Eight! Given how we played at the end of the season last year, maybe that's not so bad. But, I tend to believe unit cohesion is important and comes from playing together. We will see how it goes.

I have been a Tech man my entire life. I am all in with everyone hoping for 9 wins.

Returning Starters kinda misleading. There is a lot of game experience returning and guys who played a starter number of snaps