Going on the Record

How many games does Tech win next season?

• 0-3

• 7+

Results are only viewable after voting.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You’re 100% correct. The blowouts were awful (especially the “who” and the “when”) but my counter point is that we played to the level of our competition every week except for those games where we were obviously outmanned. Some of that is expected in a year where a lot of things were a mess (injuries, inexperience, learning curve, etc) but I could also argue that year 3 should be less of a mess.
We’ve been “right there” in a lot of games the last three years and we’ve come up short more often than not. It’s those games where we should be competitive that I worry about... we have been losing the lions share of them and we have to stop that trend immediately.
I agree with what you're saying here. We should be at least 50/50 in those 50/50 games. If not, then it's probably a coaching situation. We've changed over half our assistant coaches this year and the responsibilities have shifted as well, so we'll have a good chance to see where the coaching deficiencies lie. Until then, everyone onboard the GT Football bandwagon. You don't have to like the coach(es) to support the team and be non-negative.

JacketFan137

Banned
I agree with what you're saying here. We should be at least 50/50 in those 50/50 games. If not, then it's probably a coaching situation. We've changed over half our assistant coaches this year and the responsibilities have shifted as well, so we'll have a good chance to see where the coaching deficiencies lie. Until then, everyone onboard the GT Football bandwagon. You don't have to like the coach(es) to support the team and be non-negative.
doesn’t compute. way too complicated for the brilliant minds of the swarm

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I want wins, of course, but what I want more than that is to watch a team that passes the “eye” test. I want to see a team that is focused and that plays fundamentally-sound football. I am tired of seeing players dancing on the sidelines while we are getting trashed on the field. I want to see passes caught by someone like Calvin, Drew or Demarious, punts returned by someone like Rhino, tackles made by someone like Sanford, Swilling, or Brooking, runs made by someone like Eddie Lee or Dorsey, kicks made by someone like Butker or Sisson, blocks made by someone like Mooney or pass rushes by someone like Attauchou or Marco. The list of Tech greats goes on and on. I want players who play the game with mean intentions. I am tired of listening to press conferences that sound like we won when we got our heads handed to us. I want to see improvement. I want to see the evidence of preparation. If we lose, I want it evident that we played with heart and effort, but we’re just outmanned by superior athleticism. I want to see coaches and staff take losses as badly as many of us Tech fans do. When, and if, some of this starts to happen, Tech fans, who have drifted off on Saturdays to do something less painful than watching the current edition of Tech football may start to come back.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
As much as I wanted to vote 6, I used my objective view of how the last few years have played out. Like if I wasn’t a Georgia tech fan, how would I pick this team to fare?

I’d say “this team is prolly gonna suck *** again.”

Unfortunately I haven’t seen anything over the last 3 years to expect otherwise. Maybe these new coaches can get something going, but at this point I can’t hold my breath.

But, as we all know, seconds before kickoff vs Clemson I’ll be wide eyed and watching because I always know this team has a chance to be special. That’s why I keep coming back. It takes a special breed to roll with Tech.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
As much as I wanted to vote 6, I used my objective view of how the last few years have played out. Like if I wasn’t a Georgia tech fan, how would I pick this team to fare?

Unfortunately I haven’t seen anything over the last 3 years to expect otherwise. Maybe these new coaches can get something going, but at this point I can’t hold my breath.

But, as we all know, seconds before kickoff vs Clemson I’ll be wide eyed and watching because I always know this team has a chance to be special. That’s why I keep coming back. It takes a special breed to roll with Tech.
I'll be watching every game and hoping for change. I have little beyond hope and what hope there is comes from coaches that I hope will offset the poor leadership and performance we have gotten from CGC. IIWII. Either CGC will make it work with this new staff (I hope) or CGC will be gone - and that's OK too. It's been a dark three years so it's time for something different.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Aye, mama Tech says always go with your first mind.

... now I gotta put you on the list. I'm so sorry ...

tv series starz GIF by Power