Georgie paying players?

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Most top school's have boosters paying players (bagmen) and it's very hard for the NCAA to do anything because they can't subpoena anyone. A school straight up paying a player is something else (which we are assuming with this tweet) and that's what got Ole Miss in trouble.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I can tell you without doubt uga is cheating more than ever. I’m talking bags of cash, new cars, and jobs and houses for parents. I know for a fact LSU turned them in for this RB recruit shenanigans. Kirby has sold his soul to win
Wow, do you think anything come of it?

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
I read one time where a college assistant coach said LA was the hardest state to lure top notch recruits from. Said the locals "get involved" and those kids always stay at home & play at LSU. Something tells me this kids recruitment isn't over....

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
And they're the only ones who do it, too. No one else. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC, Miami, Michigan, Texas, Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State, Auburn, LSU....all completely clean.

Nobody said Georgia was the only one, but the implication of your post is that Georgia is among the guilty. I notice you didn't include Georgia Tech in that list.

Dumb dog.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Heard a guy at the Masters having a conversation beside me with one of the officials ... "I'm a bagman for UGA ... the problems is that for every one of me, Alabama has 100." This was maybe 5-6 years ago. I suspect, since Kirby, that ratio for Ugag has improved. Saw Clemson do it when I was in college 15 years ago. There's a reason the top recruits all go to the same schools.

Why would you pull for a cheater?? What pleasure is there in winning when you cheat?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Heard a guy at the Masters having a conversation beside me with one of the officials ... "I'm a bagman for UGA ... the problems is that for every one of me, Alabama has 100." This was maybe 5-6 years ago. I suspect, since Kirby, that ratio for Ugag has improved. Saw Clemson do it when I was in college 15 years ago. There's a reason the top recruits all go to the same schools.

Why would you pull for a cheater?? What pleasure is there in winning when you cheat?
Every school in the SEC besides Vandy and now Ole Miss(since the NCAA nailed them)is paying players to sign with the said school

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

If you don’t mind me asking, what sport did you play at GT?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
What upsets you so? Illegal attacks on amateurism in a pay-for-play scheme that turns the playing field upside down ... or somebody ratting it out?
It's kind of like Medicinal marijuana, most states still haven't passed legislation, henceforth, making it illegal. Now, until the antiquated NCAA changes their policy about paying players, I am strongly against it. When a program gets caught paying players, it doesn't just hurt one person. It affects those individuals who play by the rules. And if I were a teammate of this big mouth who cant keep his business behind closed doors, we would have a real big problem. Whether he posted it as a joke or not, it takes time away from getting prepared for the season...