Georgie paying players?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Mandatory post
As recruiting wraps up for the class 2017, I think it's appropriate to take a moment and recognize the incredible run that Alabama's on right now. This year will mark the unprecedented 7th straight year in which Alabama will finish with the #1 recruiting class in the nation (based on 247 composite). It's just a testament to the hard work of the coaching staff, fans, and boosters to keep the program running at such a high level both on and off the field.
Anyway, as an homage to Alabama's recruiting prowess over the past few years, here's a photo recap of some of the athletes that have propelled them to the #1 ranking. (Sourced as of 1/27/17 from the public Instagram accounts of 2016 rostered players only):
CLICK HERE FOR IMAGES >> Alabama's Recruiting Dominance Continues (Wow)

In case you want the abridged version: https://totalfratmove.com/alabama-football-is-the-best-car-dealership-in-the-country/

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
I remember seeing pics of Julio during his time at Bama. Someone had taken pic of him during every players walk during his 3 yrs (roughly 20 home gms) and he basically had a different suit & tie combo for every game. I remember thinking "this college kid has more suits than a guy on Wall St". It's nice to see Bama diversify their selection....I was beginning to think they only offer Dodge Challengers/Chargers

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I remember seeing pics of Julio during his time at Bama. Someone had taken pic of him during every players walk during his 3 yrs (roughly 20 home gms) and he basically had a different suit & tie combo for every game. I remember thinking "this college kid has more suits than a guy on Wall St". It's nice to see Bama diversify their selection....I was beginning to think they only offer Dodge Challengers/Chargers
I hope we are not thinking those are all legit pictures. This is the internet, you know, and we saw what the Russians could do with such access, and everybody believed it. This just happens to be college football but same tune. Ain't no college players or coach going to pose with such things. I mean, think about it a minute.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Hell guys, Marbury flat out admitted to receiving a car and other gifts from his AAU coach and was not shy about saying he’d insist on a cut from anyone making money on his name.

http://www.espn.com/espn/magazine/archives/news/story?page=magazine-20030428-article42

Like I said before, you’d be naive to think Tech hasn’t been involved in stuff like this in the past. Right now, I don’t know...seems like ever since Gailey showed up we have been pretty clean on the football side. Under O’Leary, I wasn’t so sure...

Gotta remember it’s typically not the school tossing around the money and gifts, but I’d be willing to bet the coaches know about it in some form or fashion.

He said that IF his AAU coach wanted to give him gear or cash or LOAN him his car he wouldn't refuse. It hints that his AAU coach did those things but doesn't "flat out admit" it. It also says nothing about his recruitment to GT. He says that GT made a lot of money off of basketball while he was there and that players SHOULD be paid. I don't see anything there that says GT violated rules.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
He said that IF his AAU coach wanted to give him gear or cash or LOAN him his car he wouldn't refuse. It hints that his AAU coach did those things but doesn't "flat out admit" it. It also says nothing about his recruitment to GT. He says that GT made a lot of money off of basketball while he was there and that players SHOULD be paid. I don't see anything there that says GT violated rules.
And I never said that article said GT violated rules. I just think that anyone who thinks all of the factories are dirty and Tech is and has always been squeaky clean is naive.

I mean think about it...if you have a kid that says he’d take impermissible benefits and he’s a top five recruit being recruited by everyone, including the big factories that many accuse of this stuff, then wouldn’t it be strange for him to land at the one place that is squeaky clean and won’t let stuff like that happen?

So yeah, he article doesn’t prove Tech violates rules...and for obvious reasons I don’t ever want an article like that to surface.