1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Georgie paying players?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Gtbowhunter90, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer

Buzz*The*Plumber likes this.
  2. herb

herb Helluva Engineer

Answer: absolutely nothing will come of it.

Adadu, lauraee, jeffgt14 and 2 others like this.
  3. GTFLETCH

GTFLETCH Helluva Engineer

Well if anyone can uncover it it would be Brett McMurphy can as he took Urban Meyer down, and he said he will present some stuff on the shady practices UGAy...

4. Gtbowhunter90

I'm for paying players, but for now, its ILLEGAL. These kids dry snitching on themselves.... like can you not just keep your mouth shut for a single minute?

kg01 likes this.
  5. tech_wreck47

tech_wreck47 Helluva Engineer

Man, I would love for the NCAA to come down on UGA.......

Voltaire?? likes this.
  6. Gtbowhunter90

Me too, let's wait and see...

7. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

UGAG is paying players and they always have paid players

upwgdrb, Yoda, TechPreacher and 4 others like this.
  8. gtsucks

gtsucks Ramblin' Wreck

Sorry to disappoint ya fellas, but that's a fake Brett McMurphy account. Carry on.

GTdragons likes this.
  9. swampsting

swampsting Helluva Engineer

Kirby went and got his Luca Brasi to pay a visit to the kid to take the tweet down pronto.

10. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Helluva Engineer

Correct. Always look for the blue checkmark. Almost all legit public figures and reporters have them. That is a troll account just looking to get the crazy fanbases riled up.

gtsucks likes this.
  11. gtsucks

gtsucks Ramblin' Wreck

Not only that, but just looking at his bio and his follower/following numbers should give it away

12. Gtbowhunter90

Clearly I'm aware that was the fake account, but the tweet the player sent and then deleted was not fake. Dont worry, the NCAA will come knocking. @gtsucks why the fk are you even on this forum?

Yoda, GTdragons, vamosjackets and 4 others like this.
  13. deeeznutz

deeeznutz Helluva Engineer

I 100% believe he meant to send that as a private message to a friend and accidentally put it public. Things like this just make it sweeter when we beat them

14. Gtbowhunter90

I hope they take everything from them, like they took our 2009 Championship over 300 dollars of clothing

15. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

OF COURSE they pay their players. How else do you spend $90 million a year on football without sending a bunch of money out the door? Just think - lets say that $90 million fell out of an airplane onto our program and we had to spend it without doing anything to facilities. What would you do if there weren't any rules or ethical restrictions? I mean you would have to pay athletes - for one thing you literally couldn't hire enough people on staff to spend that much money. Just like with elite basketball recruits, its common sense, and its the Alabama way that Kirby "Smart" is capitalizing on.

16. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Helluva Engineer

As much as I would love to see ugag go down and as much as I believe they really do shady stuff, chances are this kid was trolling. Dont get your hopes up.

17. Gtbowhunter90

He probably was just being a dumb kid, attention whore, but this is the kind of thing that gets your program investigated and knit picked to death. Just watch.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  18. 65Jacket

65Jacket GT Athlete

Uga has always paid players and always gets away with it. If you grew up in this state and had friends who went to Ugag then you heard stories of what went on over there.

ThatGuy, herb, Whiskey_Clear and 7 others like this.
  19. gtsucks

gtsucks Ramblin' Wreck

And they're the only ones who do it, too. No one else. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC, Miami, Michigan, Texas, Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State, Auburn, LSU....all completely clean.

20. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

Need some cheese with the whine gnadlicker?