georgia

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Seen the early line at PK and UGA - 2.

Thats about what I expected.. It will take a hellva effort to beat them tomorrow.

I think that we'll get their A game.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Seen the early line at PK and UGA - 2.

Thats about what I expected.. It will take a hellva effort to beat them tomorrow.

I think that we'll get their A game.

I'm really surprised they are favored. I know they are at home, but this year we are playing well enough that I would think it would be the line would be Tech +3. Any of the last 3-4 years UGA -2 made sense, but not this year.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Exactly.. The fact that UGA is favored should let you know that Vegas expects them to play a very competitive game.

Vegas know that they'll be up for this one and the two teams match up pretty well from a talent perspective.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
I'm really surprised they are favored. I know they are at home, but this year we are playing well enough that I would think it would be the line would be Tech +3. Any of the last 3-4 years UGA -2 made sense, but not this year.

And given how they've looked this year...

Their best game of the year is probably a 7 point loss at Seton Hall...they have home losses to Chattanooga and Kansas St and four point wins over High Point and Oakland....they didn't even beat Winthrop (BPI #218) that convincingly

Exactly.. The fact that UGA is favored should let you know that Vegas expects them to play a very competitive game.

Vegas know that they'll be up for this one and the two teams match up pretty well from a talent perspective.

I'm sure the game will be competitive, but surprised Vegas thinks uga will come out on the other side of that competitiveness and not us. I'd be shocked if this line didn't move towards us by gametime

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
At least they actually are paying attention to our game. Hopefully we can prove Seth wrong

This will feature a battle between two pretty good big men. Georgia has Yante Maten, a 6'8" sophomore forward who is in the top 10 of the SEC in points (16.9), rebounds (8.6) and blocks (2.14). Georgia Tech has 6'8" senior Charles Mitchell, who is ranked fourth nationally in rebounds at 12.8 per game. The Yellow Jackets would like to keep the momentum going from their win at home over VCU on Tuesday, but the Bulldogs, who couldn’t quite knock off Kansas State at home two weeks ago, really need a win over a decent opponent. I spy a desperate home team.

Georgia 65, Georgia Tech 61

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Refs not doing us any favors. Hard to see some of the Tech TOs and fouls on TV, but the replays have shown some bad calls. Not terribly biased, but with a more evenly called game we might have a 5 or 6 point lead at half.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Well the good news is this is about as bad as we've played all year. The guys look like they ate buttered popcorn before the game, can't catch a pass to save their lives. I expect we come out more focused the 2nd half. IMO we are a much better team than they are.