georgia

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Don't really think coaching has too much to do with that loss to be honest. We aren't talented enough to win if Chuck puts up a goose egg.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@bke1984 , i think a lot of people had that perception of Favors' GT career. However, the reality is closer to what @dtm1997 said.

Favors was hindered mightily by our guard-play (sic) at the time. The uptick in play also was probably related to the fact that PHew was always a better tournament coach than in-season coach.

On topic, i didnt even watch the uga game. When i got out of Star Wars i checked the score and deleted it from my dvr. We were their Super Bowl this year so it doesnt surprise me to hear they played well.

Hey bro.. That is cheating!! You have to suffer through that piss-poor effort like the rest of us die-hards! (y)

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Don't really think coaching has too much to do with that loss to be honest. We aren't talented enough to win if Chuck puts up a goose egg.

Not when Marcus is sitting right beside him on the bench.

We went from playing lights out on D against VCU to play no defense against the Dogs.

Didn't help matters that Frazier couldn't miss.. Hope he bought some lottery tickets afterwards because it was just his day.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hey bro.. That is cheating!! You have to suffer through that piss-poor effort like the rest of us die-hards! (y)

I usually at least scan through the recording regardless of win/loss but somehow I don't have the stamina to do it now. I was just like, "ahh, whatever." [delete]

But yeah, I knew it was wrong when I did it. I figure I've sat through enough losses over the years to be able to skip one or three. :unsure:

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I hate to say this, but maybe uga is better than we thought. They kicked Clemson's butt big time tonight. And JJ had fewer than 35 points.
Kicking Clemson's butt means UGA is good? I took it to mean Clemson is bad. I watched our game with UGA and wasn't impressed. And this year it sounds like Clemson is Clemson. Our games with them are winnable.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Kicking Clemson's butt means UGA is good? I took it to mean Clemson is bad. I watched our game with UGA and wasn't impressed. And this year it sounds like Clemson is Clemson. Our games with them are winnable.
Did I say they were good? I thought it was "better than we thought." But I agree that the Clemson games should be winnable if we play defense outside like we did against VCU. Otherwise, I am worried.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Clemson is not good. They have 1 very good player and a good defensive center like they always do but no one else that can really score consistently.

Our frontline, especially with Lammers faster than anticipated development (I expected this from him NEXT year) we should able to just pound people to dust inside.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Did I say they were good? I thought it was "better than we thought." But I agree that the Clemson games should be winnable if we play defense outside like we did against VCU. Otherwise, I am worried.
Nope, you didn't, my mistake. It's the same takeaway for me regardless. Having not seen their Clemson game, I looked at the box score as a positive sign for us and not one for uga.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think we basically agree. I too looked at the game as a measure of our standing with Clemson. But, I came away thinking maybe we should acknowledge the fact that uga is a pretty good team. Especially when Frazier is going career on us.

What worries me, more than it probably should, is that we allow penetration AND we do not defend the perimeter shots very well. JJ is not the first guard to have a career night against. Nor is this season the first one where that has happened in CBG's tenure.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we basically agree. I too looked at the game as a measure of our standing with Clemson. But, I came away thinking maybe we should acknowledge the fact that uga is a pretty good team. Especially when Frazier is going career on us.

What worries me, more than it probably should, is that we allow penetration AND we do not defend the perimeter shots very well. JJ is not the first guard to have a career night against. Nor is this season the first one where that has happened in CBG's tenure.
Got ya! Now you are saying they are good, or at least pretty good . . .