Georgia Tech vs Georgia State?

Should Georgia State and Georgia Tech create a rivalry?

• Yes, would be good for both schools

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • No, no one cares

Votes: 93 87.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Why hasn't this happened yet? I know that GSU is fairly young, but they already have KSU lined up to play, and their program started after States. I would love to see a Battle for the ATL, and I feel like GSU would come out and support.

Good Lord.

After Tech, I got my MBA from Emory. I was also accepted at GSU. Emory's admissions was clear: "We compete against Duke, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Dartmouth, Chicago, Michigan, Texas A&M, etc. In other words, the Top 25 B Schools." The acceptance letter from GSU was "You can come if you want. We're a commuter school."

There is ZERO to be gained playing GSU. Unless we intend to drop down to MAC.

Tech would be far better off playing the bottom dwellers of the SEC than succumb to taking Marta and playing the Panthers.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Good Lord.

After Tech, I got my MBA from Emory. I was also accepted at GSU. Emory's admissions was clear: "We compete against Duke, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Dartmouth, Chicago, Michigan, Texas A&M, etc. In other words, the Top 25 B Schools." The acceptance letter from GSU was "You can come if you want. We're a commuter school."

Good Lord, seriously? You want a cookie?

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
This thread probably does need to close. OP came in with some light trolling and lots of us took the bait. Time to close it up:

9885037.jpg

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
If GT keeps running the triple sloption and State gets a consistent winner, I can foresee them passing GT in relevance and excitement.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If GT keeps running the triple sloption and State gets a consistent winner, I can foresee them passing GT in relevance and excitement.

You my guy, ATL but you should be banned for this post.

Ok, not really, but c'mon man. You're better than this.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
lol. For real. I called the Ga St. guy a troll. ATL1 be like, "hold my beer":

Hey, ATL is my guy so only I can talk to him like that. Not you guys. :LOL:

I think he, like many others, aren't happy with our recent performance(s). I get it. I just don't accept the notion that GaSt (not "GSU") can/will pass us in any capacity.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
GT puts 60pts on a an opponent and no one cares. BDS is empty as hell for GT’s own homecoming cause no one cares. Can barely recruit in its own backyard cause no one cares.
GT is about as relevant in the Metro in football as GSU now, so how is it hard to fanthom GSU surpassing GT in the future?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Hey, ATL is my guy so only I can talk to him like that. Not you guys. :LOL:

I think he, like many others, aren't happy with our recent performance(s). I get it. I just don't accept the notion that GaSt (not "GSU") can/will pass us in any capacity.

Why?

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't know Raycom was GT's network; learn something new every century from a GSU grad. Sure wish GT had more games on ESPN+ instead of ABC & ESPN2. Maybe one day we'll make the big show like GA State.
Tech plays pretty much exclusively on Raycom. The only time they have been on ESPN was because of non-Saturday games. Tech played on ABC because of Clemson, don't think the 1-2 Jackets had anything to do with that.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
You really don't consider Nebraska a big time program?

Would you swap their home attendance, using just their fan base, with ours?

GT mentality.
What has Nebraska done since the 1990s? Their fan base is aided by the fact that there is absolutely nothing to do in Nebraska other than watch the corn grow. If you haven't noticed, we don't have that problem in Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.