Georgia Tech vs Georgia State?

Should Georgia State and Georgia Tech create a rivalry?

• Yes, would be good for both schools

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • No, no one cares

Votes: 93 87.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
UCF so relevant they got jumped in the polls by an Ohio State team that didn't play (y)

Literally the only thing in the history of the UCF program of any significance. The fact that those games mentioned are the super bowls of UCF's program indicates they have a ways to go before they are within leagues of GT as a program.

University of Texas hasn't done **** since 2009, but that doesn't mean UCF would be allowed to sniff their jock straps.

And how relevant is Tech with respect to he CFP?

You are literally proving my point. UCF is waaaayyyy more relevant as a program right now than Tech is. Over the past few years our fan base has been out here huffing and puffing about being ranked, while UCF is gripping about getting a seat at the table to play for it all. If that’s not a clear indication of which program is more relevant right now then what is?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
That very well may be the case...the fact remains that UCF is, TODAY, a more relevant football program than the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Having a more relevant season? Sure. And if UCF loses two games or goes back to the mediocrity they were before, no one would care about them.

The biggest win in the history of UCF football is a game the other team didn't want to be in. When a team outside of Florida circles the date on the calendar of the UCF game, they can begin to consider themselves relevant.

Having lived in Orlando for 4 years I learned one thing. There is no more delusional fanbase on the planet.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
The original thread and poll was fine but it looks like the results of the poll itself answered the question and I don't see any benefit of keeping this now off-topic thread open.

For the non-GT fans, please keep in mind that while you are welcome to join in the discussion especially if you are a fan of a team we happen to play the current/recent past/recent future season, straying any topic in support of the primary team you are fan of is a form of trolling and is a bannable offense. More plainly put, this is GT Swarm, not <insert any other team> Swarm. I'm sure you guys have your own forum where you can discuss how great your team is.

Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.