Georgia Tech vs Georgia State?

Should Georgia State and Georgia Tech create a rivalry?

• Yes, would be good for both schools

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • No, no one cares

Votes: 93 87.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Who does State play every year? Do they have to play Clemson? Ugag? Miami? Va Tech? I would be ok with us playing in basketball every year but football is a different story. Maybe once every so often like we do with Georgia Southern.
Yep, with our offense, if they play us every year they will figure out how to stop it.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
There are a lot of y'all ****ting on the sun belt, but I guarandamntee most of the ones ****ting on it are the same ones who will be hooting and hollering when GT hires Neal brown or Scotty outta app state.

northgajacket

Banned
There are a lot of y'all ****ting on the sun belt, but I guarandamntee most of the ones ****ting on it are the same ones who will be hooting and hollering when GT hires Neal brown or Scotty outta app state.

There are good coaches in every conference. It’s the talent level of the players that make the sun belt arguably the weakest conference in FBS. Plenty of good coaches have to start at the bottom.

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
There are good coaches in every conference. It’s the talent level of the players that make the sun belt arguably the weakest conference in FBS. Plenty of good coaches have to start at the bottom.
Sunbelt went 4-1 in bowls last year 2nd to independents 2-0 and big 10 7-1.... Guess there are crappier conferences out there.
Now let's here another excuse about how they played the worst teams from the worst conferences blahblahblah
4-2 in 17 and 2-2 in 15

northgajacket

Banned
Sunbelt went 4-1 in bowls last year 2nd to independents 2-0 and big 10 7-1.... Guess there are crappier conferences out there.
Now let's here another excuse about how they played the worst teams from the worst conferences blahblahblah
4-2 in 17 and 2-2 in 15

Mostly against MAC and C-USA teams. Not a huge accomplishment.

Beating mid major teams is like beating teams in CONCACAF in soccer. Not a huge accomplishment in the big picture.

Last edited:

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
Mostly against MAC and C-USA teams. Not a huge accomplishment.
Can't control who you play, maybe we should start replacing the bottom team in each power 5 conference with the conference Champs of the G5. Better watch out GT will be in the sunbelt before long

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Owwwwwww I was even being generous when I said 2 out of the last 4 so

The sunbelt has 4 bowls, how many does the acc have? 10??? Also state had to win there conference to go to the tournament, all GT has to do is Not be in the bottom 3 yet they somehow can't manage that. I'm not saying state is superior to GT in any way, but I will say there athletics are trending in the right direction. Can GT say that?
Sun belt Basketball vs ACC basketball... seems legit :rolleyes:

northgajacket

Banned
Can't control who you play, maybe we should start replacing the bottom team in each power 5 conference with the conference Champs of the G5. Better watch out GT will be in the sunbelt before long

gsu has yet to beat a P5 team and the what if scenarios are useless because it will never happen, but here is the reality:

In football ga state is fourth in terms of relevancy in ga.

In basketball they are third.

But hey, at least gsu can claim to have had a hall of famer coach the basketball. Albeit it was after he had become a national disgrace and took the job because he was damaged goods.[/QUOTE]

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Ummm guess you didn't see where our first win came from. I say that I jest, but as far as GT goes I missed them during bowl season, and March madness. What channel were they on???
Congrats on the big W against a 1-AA team! We don't have to wait for bowl season to see GT on a real TV channel.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
As an avid fan of both of these programs, a basketball game would be epic. GSU would win. Obviously GT is miles ahead of GSU in football, though. SOme of y'all need to put more respect on GSU's name.

RiseUpATL

Banned
However GT didn't play San Jose State and Western Kentucky in their bowl games;)

Yikes man...I appreciate the attempt. But a bowl is better than no bowl. Even against St. Mary’s school for the deaf and blind. GSU has done a nice job the last few years even beating the crap out of GA Southern. It just sounds like sour grapes. Compliment them them and move along. Nothing to gain **** talking GSU.

Last edited:

northgajacket

Banned
Yikes man...I appreciate the attempt. But a bowl is better than no bowl. Even against St. Mary’s school for the deaf and blind. GSU has done a nice job the last few years even beating the crap out of GSU. It just sounds like sour grapes. Compliment them them and move along. Nothing to gain **** talking GSU.

It’s a matter of context.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Yikes man...I appreciate the attempt. But a bowl is better than no bowl. Even against St. Mary’s school for the deaf and blind. GSU has done a nice job the last few years even beating the crap out of GSU. It just sounds like sour grapes. Compliment them them and move along. Nothing to gain **** talking GSU.
When they come in trying to stir up shyte they deserve what they get........................................just sayin';)

Status
Not open for further replies.