Georgia Tech Volleyball With 6 Straight...SWEEPS

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
THE FLATS – Georgia Tech volleyball is set to host its NIVC quarterfinal match on Tuesday, Dec. 10 against Liberty at 7 p.m.

Deleted member 2897

3-0 sweep.
On to the Semis!

They could have rolled over and lost in round 1 after getting snubbed by the NCAAs. I love how they have just continued to fight and roll.

24-8 overall. 14-4 in the ACC, 2nd place. 17-1 over their last 18 matches. The only blemish was on the road against a now 18-0 undefeated in ACC play Pitt team who is 30-2 overall.

it’s absolutely obscene that resume wasn’t good enough to make the NCAAs.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, we didn’t have the benefit of being a “traditional power” so they snubbed as based on SoS and totally ignored the fact that we had just continued to improve throughout the year. The road loss to Pitt was 5 sets as well if I remember.

Deleted member 2897

Yeah, we didn’t have the benefit of being a “traditional power” so they snubbed as based on SoS and totally ignored the fact that we had just continued to improve throughout the year. The road loss to Pitt was 5 sets as well if I remember.

Yep, 15-13 in the 5th. :(

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I believe Pitt. only lost a dozen sets all season. Eliminated in the second round.

GT will play between Dec. 13-15. Either Colgate or TCU, who play tomorrow at 5 pm.
South Dakota vs. Tulsa/Weber St.(tomorrow at 7 pm.)on the other side of the bracket.

Deleted member 2897

I believe Pitt. only lost a dozen sets all season. Eliminated in the second round.

GT will play between Dec. 13-15. Either Colgate or TCU, who play tomorrow at 5 pm.
South Dakota vs. Tulsa/Weber St.(tomorrow at 7 pm.)on the other side of the bracket.

And they may have lost 0 sets in ACC play...other than the 2 (nearly 3) we took.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
And they may have lost 0 sets in ACC play...other than the 2 (nearly 3) we took.
If memory serves, they were 15-3 against the other three ACC teams that gained an NCAA bid. Lost 2 to us, and a perfect 18-0 in the league matches. O.O.C. they had a 3-1 win over an NCAA team, and one loss where they dropped 3 sets.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame was swept by UCLA, 0-3

Louisville drilled Samford 3-0 and survived Western Kentucky 3-2.

FSU lost in the 1st Round to UCF, 2-3

Pitt beat Howard 3-0 and then was eliminated by Cincinnati, 2-3.

Overall, not a very strong showing by ACC teams in the NCAA's.....

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
They could have rolled over and lost in round 1 after getting snubbed by the NCAAs. I love how they have just continued to fight and roll.

Yeah it still hurts me that they were snubbed. We were in the list of the four to be eliminated by the committee which included Cal as well (which ppl are saying a travesty but I don't follow them so I don't know). Troy match was a pretty scary one. We ended up winning 3-1 but that 4th set was pretty close and if we did have a 5th set, I think based on the way Troy played, the crowd at O'keefe would be sweating bullets. Troy's a good team.

Last night's match against Liberty seemed a bit slow and lethargic... Obviously Liberty was overmatched and I'm sure finals week had something to do with it.

So does the semi match take place at O'keefe again? Final's up in Detroit right?

Deleted member 2897

Yeah it still hurts me that they were snubbed. We were in the list of the four to be eliminated by the committee which included Cal as well (which ppl are saying a travesty but I don't follow them so I don't know). Troy match was a pretty scary one. We ended up winning 3-1 but that 4th set was pretty close and if we did have a 5th set, I think based on the way Troy played, the crowd at O'keefe would be sweating bullets. Troy's a good team.

Last night's match against Liberty seemed a bit slow and lethargic... Obviously Liberty was overmatched and I'm sure finals week had something to do with it.

So does the semi match take place at O'keefe again? Final's up in Detroit right?

I think that's right. Coach is worried about the drag on our team right now due to the stress and exhaustion of finals. Hopefully they can fight through it.